BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > HELP

01-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
alien_junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Hyundai Elantra GT

HELP

So here is my issue. I am due to go to Afghanistan in about a month, and I will be gone till late October. The dealership that I am going through has one allocation M2 which started production yesterday. It's LBB/6MT/exec package. I am currently the only person on the list and with the only allocation.

Now my problem I can not take order of this vehicle because I will be overseas. I am extremely saddened by this as this was to be my 1st BMW and my track car, as I am keeping my Hyundai as a DD cause its really good on gas.

So what should I do, give up the allocation or try and make it work. If I did get it the M2 would just sit on their lot till I can come get it, and I don't like that idea.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_junky View Post
So here is my issue. I am due to go to Afghanistan in about a month, and I will be gone till late October. The dealership that I am going through has one allocation M2 which started production yesterday. It's LBB/6MT/exec package. I am currently the only person on the list and with the only allocation.

Now my problem I can not take order of this vehicle because I will be overseas. I am extremely saddened by this as this was to be my 1st BMW and my track car, as I am keeping my Hyundai as a DD cause its really good on gas.

So what should I do, give up the allocation or try and make it work. If I did get it the M2 would just sit on their lot till I can come get it, and I don't like that idea.
Tough decision. I would pass on the first allocation. Keep your place at the front of the line and keep on passing up on allocations until one becomes available sometime in August.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:

Can you use power of attorney and have a family member or good friend pick it up for you? Just throwing some ideas at the wall to try and help....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
alien_junky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Can you use power of attorney and have a family member or good friend pick it up for you? Just throwing some ideas at the wall to try and help....
I could but again it would just sit at their house I wouldn't want them driving it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
I could but again it would just sit at their house I wouldn't want them driving it.
Yeah, I hear you...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #6
jzmundy
Major
Rep
Drives: F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
Tough decision. I would pass on the first allocation. Keep your place at the front of the line and keep on passing up on allocations until one becomes available sometime in August.
I agree with the above.

Be open with your dealer about the situation. They should be understanding enough to work with you on an Aug/Sept allocation for October US delivery. It's not like they're going to have trouble selling the first allocation car.
      01-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmundy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
I agree with the above.

Be open with your dealer about the situation. They should be understanding enough to work with you on an Aug/Sept allocation for October US delivery. It's not like they're going to have trouble selling the first allocation car.
Agreed to a point. The car as you have it optioned is a pretty standard setup, and they could sell it sure no problem. Maybe someone else on the list wants that exact setup and could get it sooner. The issue you may run into though is it no one wants that one, whenever you do jump back in line you're effectively bumping everyone down one slot. I'm sure they'll work with you but that's just one issue I'd maybe have if I were further down on the list.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #8
alien_junky
United_States
Rep

Thank you all for the responses. At this dealership I am the only person on "the list" I contacted a small hole in a wall BMW dealership, and I was the only person too inquired about the M2. I think I am going to pass on it and let someone else take it. Hopefully when I return, I will be able to get my hands on one. My local dealership has 20 people in line so I'm not even going to mess with that. But we will see what happens. Again thank you all.
Appreciate 0