BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > The Topic That Answers All M2C(S) Exhaust Questions

04-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #67
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
The small one closer to the DP looks like an OPF to me...
Thanks. I think so too. Its a slightly different design and the rectangle box is probably a resonator..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 01:54 AM   #68
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Check out realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #69
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Check out realoem.com
Thanks this page is good and better arranged 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #70
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherNiko View Post
So, any updates in this matter @MR. ? I'm getting an M4C with OPF soon and I have a full original pre-OPF exhaust system laying around.

How long until we have a solution that doesn't require losing an air vent or bench-flashing my DME and completely giving up my warranty?

Can I just drive around with the CEL, or does the car cut power completely once the error message pops up?
This.
It doesn't happen often, but it's annoying and can be dangerous in some conditions (the engine cut power at 2000rpm).
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #71
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
So, any updates in this matter @MR. ? I'm getting an M4C with OPF soon and I have a full original pre-OPF exhaust system laying around.

How long until we have a solution that doesn't require losing an air vent or bench-flashing my DME and completely giving up my warranty?

Can I just drive around with the CEL, or does the car cut power completely once the error message pops up?
The CAT-delete solution is ready, the OPF-Delete has a working prototype. If the virus situation would not have been a problem, it would have been in my car to run beta tests, but we can't test right now.

As soon as opens up again, testing will continue, according to my contact. For the beta run they will need some people to test, but as soon as that becomes a point I will reach out to you guys.

MR
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #72
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
The final word is out. The OPF-Delete ECM product is dead from my point of view. The company Awron Automotive who was developing it, has not been able to deliver what they have promised for more than a year now. It is the same person behind the company that is not giving support anymore for your Awron display. It is an one-man band right now who is unable to deliver the things he said he would deliver and which I then converted to you guys as a solution for our situation.

Over the past months, the product was promised to me and many dealers I spoke to at least more than 50 times. I even went to the office of the company mid-March to hear the latest, but now two months later nothing is there. There was a working prototype according to the owner of the business, but no further steps were made and I never saw it working.

It is a pity of course. I put more than 100 hours in this project hoping to find an option for everyone that looked out for a solution to remove his OPF without having to alter the tuning file on his car. The owner and developer of the product is simply not trustworthy enough to do business with anymore and I feel I need to take a distance.

He doesn't understand that they are clients waiting for the product and he is unable to finish it in a timely manner. Add to this to the fact that contacts of mine have experienced his inability to make it widely available for dealers and customers in the future at a decent price offer, and for me it all came together. There is a time you have to stop pulling a dead horse.

I have now decided to step away from the project knowing that it won't ever be released any time soon. It is what it is... The project is dead, and the only two options you can opt for now are to disable the sensors in the ECU or fit the AK Motion solution.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 05-22-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #73
Akppka
Rep
Drives: bmw m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
The final word is out. The OPF-Delete ECM product is dead from my point of view. The company Awron Automotive who was developing it, has not been able to deliver what they have promised for more than a year now. It is the same person behind the company that is not giving support anymore for your Awron display. It is an one-man band right now who is unable to deliver the things he said he would deliver and which I then converted to you guys as a solution for our situation.

Over the past months, the product was promised to me and many dealers I spoke to at least more than 50 times. I even went to the office of the company mid-March to hear the latest, but now two months later nothing is there. There was a working prototype according to the owner of the business, but no further steps were made and I never saw it working.

It is a pity of course. I put more than 100 hours in this project hoping to find an option for everyone that looked out for a solution to remove his OPF without having to alter the tuning file on his car. The owner and developer of the product is simply not trustworthy enough to do business with anymore and I feel I need to take a distance.

He doesn't understand that they are clients waiting for the product and he is unable to finish it in a timely manner. Add to this to the fact that contacts of mine have experienced his inability to make it widely available for dealers and customers in the future at a decent price offer, and for me it all came together. There is a time you have to stop pulling a dead horse.

I have now decided to step away from the project knowing that it won't ever be released any time soon. It is what it is... The project is dead, and the only two options you can opt for now are to disable the sensors in the ECU or fit the AK Motion solution.

MR

For some reason the ECM module from Manhart for G20/21 is also removed from the store - is this associated somehow? Btw Don’t you know whether there are any solutions for G chassis? I am with you in this fight!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #74
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, I had a hunch it would go this way...

So now I'm down to 2 options:
  • Data Display with OPF-delete (Where I give up an air vent and have cable clamps and crimps run through the car and into the engine bay, which my dealer can spot 100%)
  • pureboost.de OBD unlock and OPF delete in the DME (Which again my dealer can spot if something went catastrophically wrong and I needed the warranty)

Which would you personally recommend? Fuck the warranty and flash away, or get the data display with the plastic cable clips everywhere in the car's Canbus?

Is it possible to the data display OPF delete without the display itself?
My car has the OPF-Delete fix in the ECU tune, and I have no issues with warranty cases. All depends on the relationship with your dealer, as I always have said.

No, you need to have the OPF-Delete cable and display together. The brain power is in the display. The OPF-Delete is just a cable going from the OPF sensor control unit to the data display.

MR
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #75
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akppka View Post
For some reason the ECM module from Manhart for G20/21 is also removed from the store - is this associated somehow? Btw Don’t you know whether there are any solutions for G chassis? I am with you in this fight!
Yep, MANHART has fully removed the product range from their website and web store. You can ask MANHART for the reason why that happened.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 09:11 AM   #76
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:

MR

• Data Display with OPF-delete (Where I give up an air vent and have cable clamps and crimps run through the car and into the engine bay, which my dealer can spot 100%)
  • pureboost.de OBD unlock and OPF delete in the DME (Which again my dealer can spot if something went catastrophically wrong and I needed the warranty)

Which would you personally recommend? Fuck the warranty and flash away, or get the data display with the plastic cable clips everywhere in the car's Canbus?

Quote:
Quote:

MR

You can always install the display in the glove box, and lock it when you go to the dealer or simply remove the display and disconnect the controller, This is what I'm intending on doing (it's simple enough). I am also thinking of extending the wiring loom from the connector in the side wall box directly into the glove box which will make disconnecting it simpler.
Also I don't like the fact that I will losse a vent, it gets up to 120 F in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #77
GloriousMan1180
Rep
Drives: BMW M2c

Hello, am I reading this right? US cars do not need to be tuned if you replace the full exhaust system from the DP to the muffler? All of this without throwing any codes, or limp mode?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #78
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousMan1180 View Post
Hello, am I reading this right? US cars do not need to be tuned if you replace the full exhaust system from the DP to the muffler? All of this without throwing any codes, or limp mode?
Correct

If you leave the factory DPs, primary cats and O2 sensors in place you shouldn't have any issues replacing the rest of the exhaust system
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 06:09 AM   #79
M-Azing
Antonito
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

M2 CS MPE

Anyone know yet if the MPE available on the M2C is compatible with the M2 CS? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 04:14 AM   #80
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Any M2C exhaust fits the M2 CS !

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:09 AM   #81
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

On EU car with opf I have now akrapovic slip on.
I intend to replace the resonator for loud sound.
I saw remus ( straight pipes), dinan ( x pipes) and supersprint ( H pipes).

I wonder if anyone works without CEL/ limp mode?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:43 AM   #82
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post

How do you like slip on Akra in comparison to stock?
Has the sound became louder? Is the difference noticeable?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 04:06 AM   #83
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Quote:

It is big difference akra/ stock. Different sound and louder. I've running it for a year and buy it again without blinking.

Now I would like to sound even louder and that s why I m thinking to replace the resonator....

Warrany period till end of next year and I don t give up
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:00 AM   #84
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It is big difference akra/ stock. Different sound and louder. I've running it for a year and buy it again without blinking.

Now I would like to sound even louder and that s why I m thinking to replace the resonator....

Can you please make a video with the sound of Akra slip on?

I was about to order Akra but before doing so I came to hear Akra on my friend’s car in person and didn’t like the sound. But my feeling is that maybe it had some defect and that was the reason of poor sound.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #85
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You give me homework when the internet is full of recording made with professional tools.

It s hard for me to believe that what I record with phone will be relevant to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:38 AM   #86
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep

Difference between a new exhaust and a burned one in 10,000 km does not catch in a record
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #87
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You give me homework when the internet is full of recording made with professional tools.

It s hard for me to believe that what I record with phone will be relevant to you.
It will be! As those may differ.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #88
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can you please make a video with the sound of Akra slip on?

I was about to order Akra but before doing so I came to hear Akra on my friend’s car in person and didn’t like the sound. But my feeling is that maybe it had some defect and that was the reason of poor sound.

Here is the M2C (HS) with Akra and my M2C (LBB) with OEM exhaust

I didnt like the Akra sound in person on this particular car. It sounded louder but it sounded as if something is wrong with the sound. There was some strange sound in person as if some metal parts are broken.
And having heard that car in person I cancelled my order for Akra. The guy told me that he had some problems with the valveson his Akra

And later on I met the guy with M2C with Akra slipon + midpipe amd the sound was amazing.
Appreciate 0