BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Drivetrain malfunction (official! Another spun crank hub)

06-04-2020, 05:47 PM   #67
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
They cannot legally charge you a surcharge for using a credit card. Especially not in California.
Discounts for cash are allowed, however.
As long as you phrase that way, and make it a common practice. Good luck arguing that in court however if the CA AG wants to come after you. And if the CC card finds out, you can say bye to being able to process credit card charges directly due to violating the payment card rules.

But this is another conversation for another time. Just wanted to say generally, that surcharges are illegal, and consumers should always push back then decide for themselves whether or not to proceed with the transaction. Either way, a $500 difference (discount) is absolutely a shady practice. $5-10 maybe. But that much of a difference would make me walk away and never do business with that shop. That's just me though, so if OP wants to proceed no harm no foul, I know the shop he is talking about at least does good work.
? I do that kind of stuff so no one has to pay any taxes if they so wish

350 for card-bookkeeper and intuit basically get the 50

300 for cash

Are you saying that if somehow intuit found out I do cash business I could get in trouble with them?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #68
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Well just spoke to the shop and they're not gonna get to my car until next week! Pretty fucking annoying considering that's a pretty important detail to share. Exactly why I just wanted to go to performance technic!!
I hate when you make an "appointment" with a shop and you're somehow still at the back of the line🤔🤦🏼
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #69
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
I hate when you make an "appointment" with a shop and you're somehow still at the back of the line🤔🤦🏼
No not the shops fault I didn't bother to ask how busy the shop was. All I had in mind was damn my brand new cars engine just got trashed potentially for good and yeah I
understand your sarcasm lol
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #70
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
? I do that kind of stuff so no one has to pay any taxes if they so wish

350 for card-bookkeeper and intuit basically get the 50

300 for cash

Are you saying that if somehow intuit found out I do cash business I could get in trouble with them?
Yeah I don't understand what the issue was to them if anything the shops doing the consumer a favor
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2023, 12:45 PM   #71
jayk_007
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
I believe you are correct, hence why I also mentioned in my post that they advise torque to the wheels to be kept around 500wtq / low 500's so that crank torque doesn't exceed 600tq.

The problem is that even some stock S55 engines have had the SCH, even though admittedly that is very very rare. Alas, the percentage of failure definitely increases dramatically among tuned cars.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment...khub_or_could/

I think I spun mine on stock power... I got a 4 pin crankhub installed as well a week ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 02:53 PM   #72
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk_007 View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment...khub_or_could/

I think I spun mine on stock power... I got a 4 pin crankhub installed as well a week ago.
Wait, you spun a 4 pin hub? Or you got the 4 pin after? Reddit mods took your post down for now because your account is too new.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 02:12 PM   #73
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
I do feel for you. Same thing happened to my f82 m4 when I used Alex alpine. Ran stage 1 beautifully without a hitch. Went to stage 2 and on my test drive home coming to a stop sign in my neighborhood, I spun. No one should be running ethanol and stage 2 on the s55 without fully understanding and accepting the risks of a SCH imo. Stage 1 is safe, any higher it's best to do the fix. It's just not worth the hassle because it's a matter of time before it will spin. Either that or you need to drastically change your driving habits on stage2/ethanol and if that's the case then what's the point of owning the car. Alex reset my car fully and had someone login remotely to erase all data logs. Then I drove a few miles to log new data and took it to the dealer. Took 2 weeks for them to fix the car. I had the same codes as you and on my paperwork it explicitly stated they looked for aftermarket tunes/modifications and that none were found and they proceeded with warranty repair. I don't feel bad doing this because imo it's a design flaw and it's proven by the fact that stock s55 also have SCH. Only the alignment was out on my m4. Now I have a m2cs with a stock locked DME and will probably keep it that way till my warranty expires
Appreciate 0