BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

04-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #1717
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Yep - +1 to MSB+Gold for me if I get an allocation
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #1718
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
1. HS/Blk wheels
2. MSB/Gld wheels

I think I'll go back and forth until the day I sign the papers.
Ha! I've already signed the papers for HS / Black / Red.

However. Now that I've seen the blue / black / red combo I'm in a dilemma. Argh. It looks very tasty.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 06:52 AM   #1719
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I wonder if the M2 CS would also be allotted a similar poster and braggadocios lap times..
I'd like that for my Garage wall, any idea of the source??
I'm no sure and I've search pretty deep :
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #1720
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
No new M2CS news is making me sad. I'm still debating my color options. I really want the gold wheels. I'm not going to do it on HS and am not really interested in a white or black car. I'm down to two options:

1. HS/Blk wheels
2. MSB/Gld wheels

I think I'll go back and forth until the day I sign the papers.
I don't know you Dave, but I figure you could do 100% Baller and carry the Scooby look.

It's option 2.
      04-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #1721
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I didn't realize how strongly I want the gold wheels until the realization came that what I thought I wanted was not going to work for me. I thought I was set on HS, but I think I will regret getting a combo that doesn't have the flare that I enjoy. I'm leaning back towards Scooby clown car spec. Misano leaves much to be desired in some lighting, but does it really matter if you're sporting gold wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #1722
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
I too find myself often undecided and continually go back and forth between several options. At this stage if a gun were pointed to my head, I am leaning for the 'Subie decor', based on the following personal rationale:
  • Principle of exclusion:
    - I do not intend to ever own a(nother) black car (my E39 M5 in Carbon Black was enough to sway me away from black/near-black colors)
    - Have a white 1///M so want something 'different'
    - HS is just another silver car on the road, while still very nice it will just make up the 80% of cars on the road that are black/white/gray/silver
  • Blue w Gold is the CS exclusive and launch color - another distinguishing feature of the CS
  • Will do ceramics so less concerned about the gold wheels matching
  • Will eventually do an aftermarket wheel option which will be black/anthracite, so easy to stir up the look when you feel like it

Some Cons:
  • A bit too blingy and attention grabbing for my taste, but seems that's part of the CS creed
  • There isn't a lot in the car you can tie the gold motif with, in fact a hot-potch of colors (blue paint, gold calipers, different shade of gold wheels, red stitching, etc.) Almost calls for some tasteful sprinkling of gold accents (saying that very cautiously more to integrate than highlight, things like perhaps a thin strip along the border edge of front apron/rear spoiler/diffuser, etc.

Decisions, decisions... (I know, first world problems)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #1723
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I'm surprised by the number of folks going CCB. You all are my heroes. I figured it would be an unpopular option. I want them but just don't want the immediate depreciation. Granted, who cares if you keep it forever. My thoughts are to spec the read calipers and one day but the surface transform rotors if I really get the CCB itch.

It would be one thing if they charged 8k going from blue to gold, but the red brakes are standard on the comp. Arguably your just paying for the rotors. Anyhow, I just can't seem to get past this and tick the box.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #1724
Mastertec
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17m240i

I like the idea of tying the colours together. But also as few colours as necessary. Hence Misano Blue with Black wheels no CCB’s. The red calipers kinda go with the red stitching and the taillights. The black wheels kinda go with the carbon bits. Ties it together for me!
Appreciate 2
Davil6333.50
Tornado1M1206.00
      04-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #1725
GPGP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I think these shots look really good. Yes, HS, black wheels and gold calipers is money.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...89&page=14

Hey that's my car. Just so it's on record, I had it before the CS.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #1726
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGP View Post
Haha, and I think it looks great in those shots. I was hoping more of the silver in the wheels would come out more often like in these photos. Some photos I'm seeing a lot more of the gold, which is less my jam on HS. From your experience which hue seems to dominate in most situations?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #1727
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I'm probably an outlier, but I'm not a fan of the gold *or* the black wheels.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24824.50
      04-24-2020, 03:47 PM   #1728
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
I'm surprised by the number of folks going CCB. You all are my heroes. I figured it would be an unpopular option. I want them but just don't want the immediate depreciation. Granted, who cares if you keep it forever. My thoughts are to spec the read calipers and one day but the surface transform rotors if I really get the CCB itch.
Dave - I will give you my perspective - personal opinion and my own justification for ceramics (i.e. YRMV).

In no particular order of consideration:
  • Inherent 'benefits' of CCBs, among which are:
    - Reduced weight - overall gross vehicle weight reduction and rotational mass effects
    - Longevity (car will be for street use and I don't see replacement needed considering it won't be anywhere near a daily)
    - Reduced cost of maintenance makes price more digestible (i.e. changing pads and rotors over the life of the car if equipped with steelies which I would otherwise need to factor in)
    - Lack of brake dust and ease of upkeep (may sound silly, but I can't even begin to tell you what world of difference that has on my other car, and on these gold wheels you will be sure to see brake dust immediately from steelies)
  • Length of ownership - indefinite (in no way short/medium term, but rather for the long long haul). Original 1///M owner (9 years and counting, at least that many more), and similar holding period envisioned for this car - hence I don't particularly care about value and short term depreciation (over the holding period when amortized it becomes a smaller factor)
  • Another unique and differentiating characteristic of the M2CS
  • Caliper color a better match to the gold wheels (which I will opt for)

On the topic of cost - by far a material amount - no doubt about it, but having purchased 3 GT Porsches in as many years has made me a bit more...shall I say...'accepting', and thus the ask price has become a lot more 'digestible'. ($13K for paint to sample is outright madness for most - yet I am guilty of such, as are $9.2K ceramics which are priced higher in P-car territory for essentially an equivalent set in BMWs). Having experienced them firsthand it is one of those things that further help decisionmaking as it is based on my real world experience. Throughout the ownership I know I will have "second thoughts" if I didn't spec CCBs, but I will not have second thoughts if I didn't get steelies.

And the below is purely speculative and in no way suggesting it is a firm outcome. But an argument can be made that perhaps, assuming the majority of cars get build with stealies (IMO highly likely), and say 20% are with CCBs (which would mean under 100 cars in total, if lucky to get 500 CSs in the USA), the low supply may be a good upward pricing factor, so there will be some (maybe not full) premium those CCB-determined secondary buyers will be willing to pay for a CCB equipped car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #1729
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Brake dust sucks. It's what I dread most about washing my car. I refuse to spend the required time to make them perfect. Wheels take twice as long as cleaning the entire car and my back hurts afterward. It would be nice to have clean wheels all the time.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17426.00
hlm2c289.50
      04-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #1730
GPGP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGP View Post
Haha, and I think it looks great in those shots. I was hoping more of the silver in the wheels would come out more often like in these photos. Some photos I'm seeing a lot more of the gold, which is less my jam on HS. From your experience which hue seems to dominate in most situations?
They're pretty much gold and I love them. I don't get how anyone would choose black over the frozen gold. You either love it or hate it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      04-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #1731
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Brake dust sucks. It's what I dread most about washing my car. I refuse to spend the required time to make them perfect. Wheels take twice as long as cleaning the entire car and my back hurts afterward. It would be nice to have clean wheels all the time.
Just throwing a wrench In here. My favorite is hock silver/ gold wheels
Appreciate 1
GPGP226.50
      04-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #1732
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Dave

I make no secret about fact that I am not into washing, polishing, etc my vehicles. I just drive them. Just me.

The reason I say this is because I noticed my silver car really masks my lack of interest in exterior maintenance. So, while you are sitting on HS vs MB fence, I would bet dollars to donuts the HS will be easier to keep 'clean looking' than the darker MB.

For that matter, I bet the black wheels will hide brake dust better than the gold wheels. In fact, the brake dust gives the shiny black wheels the appearance of a matte finish after time, which I personally actually like more than the shiny finish. . . or maybe that is just what I tell myself?

So, I just talked you completely off the fence. Your decision is easy. HS with black wheels.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #1733
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

My current car is blue, and it masks the dirt very well. Just need some easy to clean wheels. The CS wheels should be pretty easy to wash.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 06:14 PM   #1734
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
My current car is blue, and it masks the dirt very well. Just need some easy to clean wheels. The CS wheels should be pretty easy to wash.
Dave

When I agreed to your CS purchase I thought you were going to let me pick out the color and wheels

Seriously, I think the HS/black and MB/gold would both be great picks . . . I hold out hope you go with the former but something tells me you are going to end up with the latter.

I have said this before and I know you will do your due diligence when deciding . . . I love the LBB online, but do not like it at all in person. Conversely, the HS looks OK online and fabulous in person. Not sure how the MB will look in person, but I do like it online. Also not sure how you will see MB in person before deciding?

The only real problem here is that we have been talking about the CS for year now, and it does not seem likely you are going to actually take ownership for at least another 6 months. I guess the next phase of discussion will entail online reviews once released to the press. Covid aside, I really do not understand why it has taken BMW so long to release the CS to the press? Kind of irrelevant really, as there is no way any reviews will be anything but glowing. . . but we have run out of shit to talk about when it comes to the CS. We need an influx of new material.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
cncmastr1568.50
      04-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #1735
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

I checked out a Z4 in person in MSB. That was how I confirmed my color comfort there.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      04-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #1736
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Dave

When I agreed to your CS purchase I thought you were going to let me pick out the color and wheels

Seriously, I think the HS/black and MB/gold would both be great picks . . . I hold out hope you go with the former but something tells me you are going to end up with the latter.

I have said this before and I know you will do your due diligence when deciding . . . I love the LBB online, but do not like it at all in person. Conversely, the HS looks OK online and fabulous in person. Not sure how the MB will look in person, but I do like it online. Also not sure how you will see MB in person before deciding?

The only real problem here is that we have been talking about the CS for year now, and it does not seem likely you are going to actually take ownership for at least another 6 months. I guess the next phase of discussion will entail online reviews once released to the press. Covid aside, I really do not understand why it has taken BMW so long to release the CS to the press? Kind of irrelevant really, as there is no way any reviews will be anything but glowing. . . but we have run out of shit to talk about when it comes to the CS. We need an influx of new material.

///AVM
No kidding, the Corvette rollout leaked online. I'm all about some c8 Z06 with the c8r flat plane v8. I love my kids, but.....BMW needs to get a move on. Good things in horizon
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 01:43 AM   #1737
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Blue/Black/Gold. Good photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
Poochie9099.00
///AVM2528.00
pz6193275.50
Karmic Man1996.00
QM287.00
gmhl10384.50
      04-25-2020, 02:02 AM   #1738
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Blue/Black/Gold. Good photo.
Oh yes, the CS is worth the extra money over a Competition, just on its dominant appearance alone
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50
Davil6333.50