BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > M2 - Lowering Springs, Spacers and Recommended Garages in Kent

06-24-2020, 02:37 AM   #1
MLJGTI
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

M2 - Lowering Springs, Spacers and Recommended Garages in Kent

Hi all!

I've been a proud owner of an 18 plate M2 for about 4 months now - love it to bits! The car has had zero mods to it so far and I'm not looking to go mad on it (famous last words), but after watching some YouTube videos, I reckon lowering it with spacers is the first thing I want to do.

Eibach Springs with spacers seem to be pretty popular - would everyone agree? I don't want the ride to be much hard than it already is though really...

Also, any recommendations for Performance garages in Kent (UK) that will fit them well and reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance!

(This was my first post btw)

Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

MSS springs
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

I've been considering the same. I'm up in the air between H&R and Eibach.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJGTI View Post
Eibach Springs with spacers seem to be pretty popular - would everyone agree? I don't want the ride to be much hard than it already is though really..
With the exception of the KW HAS kit (which I believe to have rates identical to stock), all springs will ride rougher than stock. The problem is that few rates are published, and they are almost never compared to one another back to back, so it's all opinion.

As you say, for non-adjustable springs, Eibach is the most popular. H&R is the least popular, and the others are somewhere in between.

KW HAS kit is the overall most popular, and the MPS is the most popular coil-over, though the KW V3's offer more adjustability, so I'd recommend those.

The springs will kill your stock shocks/struts, so be aware of that.

With regards to spacers, 10mm all around is the safe bet, with a lot of guys going with 12/10. Myself, I prefer 10/8.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
MLJGTI
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
With the exception of the KW HAS kit (which I believe to have rates identical to stock), all springs will ride rougher than stock. The problem is that few rates are published, and they are almost never compared to one another back to back, so it's all opinion.

As you say, for non-adjustable springs, Eibach is the most popular. H&R is the least popular, and the others are somewhere in between.

KW HAS kit is the overall most popular, and the MPS is the most popular coil-over, though the KW V3's offer more adjustability, so I'd recommend those.

The springs will kill your stock shocks/struts, so be aware of that.

With regards to spacers, 10mm all around is the safe bet, with a lot of guys going with 12/10. Myself, I prefer 10/8.
That's great! Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I want to make the ride any rougher really. I'll do a bit more research
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

M
S
S
Appreciate 0