BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2c and gt4??

12-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #23
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I think you've got the best combo of cars personally. Kind of the best of both brands at the moment. Btw, I just got my E36 M3 back on the road this weekend after 3 months. Throttle cable bushing disintegrated while driving back from work, so I know the feeling.

Personally, the M2C would be at the very top of my list for current M cars (above F80C too). Having said that, owning some type of Porsche has always been a bucket list of mine. My dream car would be a 997 GT3, but I have a feeling it's also too fast for the street. Been looking to sell my E36 M3 and Z4M for a 981 Boxster Spyder, but have yet to test drive one. Hoping since the car is not as focused as a GT4, and it's top down car, the 2nd gear being long won't bother me as much.

To the OP, I think GT4 and M2C combo makes perfect sense. They're completely different cars, which is what you want.
Thanks man! It's a great combination for sure – and it definitely seems the M2C is more fun than the F80 M3 ZCP, but I think I'd take the added practicality for a slight drop in fun, considering what I intend to use it for.

I don't know if I'd sell a Z4M + E36 M3 for a Spyder. I haven't driven the Spyder, but I've driven a friend's Z4M and it's a really great car (feels 2/3 as capable as the GT4, with the addition of being a lot more practical). I've never driven an E36 M3, but I absolutely love the E36 (biased obviously). Unless you live somewhere with amazing twisties or will be tracking it weekly, I think you'd regret the 2 for 1 trade.
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 1
W///7468.50
      12-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Thanks man! It's a great combination for sure – and it definitely seems the M2C is more fun than the F80 M3 ZCP, but I think I'd take the added practicality for a slight drop in fun, considering what I intend to use it for.

I don't know if I'd sell a Z4M + E36 M3 for a Spyder. I haven't driven the Spyder, but I've driven a friend's Z4M and it's a really great car (feels 2/3 as capable as the GT4, with the addition of being a lot more practical). I've never driven an E36 M3, but I absolutely love the E36 (biased obviously). Unless you live somewhere with amazing twisties or will be tracking it weekly, I think you'd regret the 2 for 1 trade.
That's awesome insight, thank you! I've been on Rennlist trying to pick everyone's brains that I can who have made the move. I should add that my Z4M is a Roadster. I'm in South Carolina, so the top is down when I drive that car. Considering the car is also a good $10k cheaper than a Coupe, I honestly think it's an absolute bargain in the used M market. Being able to drive top down adds another element as well, which is why I'll always have some type of top down 2 seater in my garage.

The 2 for 1 trade is what makes me very hesitant. I'm selling 2 very good cars, plus $50k for a 981 Spyder. The math doesn't add up for me at the moment. So I just keep living vicariously through guys like you... or just throw more mods at them
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #25
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
That's awesome insight, thank you! I've been on Rennlist trying to pick everyone's brains that I can who have made the move. I should add that my Z4M is a Roadster. I'm in South Carolina, so the top is down when I drive that car. Considering the car is also a good $10k cheaper than a Coupe, I honestly think it's an absolute bargain in the used M market. Being able to drive top down adds another element as well, which is why I'll always have some type of top down 2 seater in my garage.

The 2 for 1 trade is what makes me very hesitant. I'm selling 2 very good cars, plus $50k for a 981 Spyder. The math doesn't add up for me at the moment. So I just keep living vicariously through guys like you... or just throw more mods at them
Yeah honestly I wouldn't do it. You won't be happier even if it was just a straight trade...AND you're parting with $50k.

I'd hold off for now...if anything find something else for $50k that's going to be a lot of fun! Maybe even an older Cayman S.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #26
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

One thing I don't like about the ''rarer'' P cars is potential hesitation to put mileage on it. When I own a car I want to feel good about using it, abusing it and not even think about adding miles (kms) on it.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #27
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
One thing I don't like about the ''rarer'' P cars is potential hesitation to put mileage on it. When I own a car I want to feel good about using it, abusing it and not even think about adding miles (kms) on it.
Yup that's another good point to +1 the M2C. I always feel a bit bad seeing the mileage rack up on the GT4, and I feel the exact opposite with the M2C.

I put 7,500km (4,600 miles) on it in Europe when I picked it up, but I was actually disappointed as I really wanted to crack 10,000km at least lol.

My goal is essentially to put as much mileage on it as possible.

With the GT4, a lot of the mileage feels like a waste (sitting in traffic, etc.). The GT4 belongs in Germany, simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #28
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I think I put around 15k km on my GT4 over 2 summers - didn't feel bad about any of it lol. Funny enough, it's actually a way better car for road trips. Took it on Ace Spade Rally, tons of back road cruises, and even to NYC and back. It doesn't have that horrid drone the M2 does when you cruise at 120kmh. It also has a great amount of storage for such a little car - huge frunk, some room in the back also and behind the seats.

Another negative for me was I felt you can't really mod/customize the GT4 like you can the M2. Other than new exhaust/headers (which is like 10k CAD because Porsche tax) and maybe some wheels.. idk.. I personally love modding to make my car 1 of 1. I went to some Porsche meets and realized my car looked like 100's of others and felt kinda meh about it all lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:42 PM   #29
SOM_M2C44
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 SOM M2C, '24 Dravit M4

I like putting miles on my cars. I dont think I would be too upset about putting mileage on the GT4. It would be a nice weather weekend car anyways as I have my M2C and my F150 to do the majority of the mileage. As far as modding i'm sure there are a few to do but, I don't think I would want to do too many things to it anyways. Just drive it and enjoy it. Maybe some sharkwerks love...lol