BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > bootmod3: Direct ENET cable support for iOS/Android (BETA)

09-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #23
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
Wasted 3 hours of my life today trying to get the iPhone BM3 App to see the OBD Agent. Tried everything I found in this and other threads but no luck. My iPhone works for everything else so I'm going to assume it's good (probably a mistake!). The cables are all good (enet to OBD works fine with a laptop, no issue with the laptop running the agent and connecting to Bootmod3.net) which leaves me with the RPi3B...

It there a way to run or test the RPi other than having it connect to the App?

I download the agent software and flashed it to the SD card 4 different times with new SD cards and using both Win32DiskImager and Etcher (windows version).

The RPi3 seems to power up just fine, red and green lights and the green and orange light either side of the enet port are flashing or constant but it can't see/find the iPhone's hotspot Wi-Fi (yes, I changed the SSID and password) or when it's tethered.

Guess I'll order another one.
No wonder you lost time when this beta is for a direct connection ENET to iPhone. It doesn’t work with the hardware box yet but they said they have some updates for it and will release that too for the hardware wifi box as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #24
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
No wonder you lost time when this beta is for a direct connection ENET to iPhone. It doesn’t work with the hardware box yet but they said they have some updates for it and will release that too for the hardware wifi box as well.
Not using the bata but I see where I've posted this problem in the wrong place/thread. I'll look for a more appropriate thread.

Last edited by dtmurf; 09-27-2020 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0