BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > BMW M2 European Delivery - Full Multi-Cam BTG Lap of the Nurburgring Nordschleife

07-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

BMW M2 European Delivery - Full Multi-Cam BTG Lap of the Nurburgring Nordschleife

Appreciate 1
riottyp18.00
      07-21-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Duke Silver
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2

Quite the ballsy lap, looks like you know the cars/your limits quite well. Out of interest have you done many laps on the Nordschleife before?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #3
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Quite the ballsy lap, looks like you know the cars/your limits quite well. Out of interest have you done many laps on the Nordschleife before?
Not my video, but I liked the camera and sound work and thought it needed attention here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6k...3Ob6X4etrHXKRQ Perhaps the producer will respond?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Was the Ring lap done BEFORE or after the shakedown service?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 04:02 AM   #5
M2UROTRSH
@M2UROTRSH
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for sharing my video :)

Hi guys, joined the forum a while back but was waiting to put together a proper intro post until after I wrapped up my European Delivery. I dropped off the M2 on Tuesday, and I’m still going through the 200+ GB of videos and photos from the trip.

To answer the questions above - I followed the break-in procedure religiously (but put the 1,200 miles on in the first 4 days of the trip, so I could get to having proper fun ASAP!). This lap was from Sunday’s TF at the ‘ring. I’ve driven a few cars there before during TF’s over the last year or so, including a rental M2 last year. Definitely took it easier on my own car to ensure that it would make it back to the US when I was done with my fun in Europe

I’ve got a few other videos up on that YouTube channel, and posted up a bunch of live photos and videos during my 2 week, 4,200 mile adventure in Europe across 8 countries and about 6 track days (Spa and the Ring were the best, of course!). Most of that lives on Instagram and more YouTube videos are coming soon so follow/subscribe if you want to get easy updates:

http://instagram.com/m2urotrsh

Full thoughts on the car and the adventure coming soon, but the quick summary is: I’m over the moon with the car, even more than I was expecting, extremely happy that I got the 6spd, and this was literally the best vacation that I’ve ever had. Anyone on the fence about doing European Delivery, do it, and drive the hell out of the car there. Where else can you drive so many amazing roads, track at some of the best circuits in the world, and max out your car legally on the Autobahn?

Oh, and here is my favorite photo from the entire trip thanks to the excellent @ringmoments photographer:

Appreciate 6
Robin_NL8710.00
zenmaster1576.50
Dirtboy197.00
Jadar1752.50
riottyp18.00
      07-24-2017, 02:49 AM   #6
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2UROTRSH View Post
Hi guys, joined the forum a while back but was waiting to put together a proper intro post until after I wrapped up my European Delivery. I dropped off the M2 on Tuesday, and I’m still going through the 200+ GB of videos and photos from the trip.

To answer the questions above - I followed the break-in procedure religiously (but put the 1,200 miles on in the first 4 days of the trip, so I could get to having proper fun ASAP!). This lap was from Sunday’s TF at the ‘ring. I’ve driven a few cars there before during TF’s over the last year or so, including a rental M2 last year. Definitely took it easier on my own car to ensure that it would make it back to the US when I was done with my fun in Europe

I’ve got a few other videos up on that YouTube channel, and posted up a bunch of live photos and videos during my 2 week, 4,200 mile adventure in Europe across 8 countries and about 6 track days (Spa and the Ring were the best, of course!). Most of that lives on Instagram and more YouTube videos are coming soon so follow/subscribe if you want to get easy updates:

http://instagram.com/m2urotrsh

Full thoughts on the car and the adventure coming soon, but the quick summary is: I’m over the moon with the car, even more than I was expecting, extremely happy that I got the 6spd, and this was literally the best vacation that I’ve ever had. Anyone on the fence about doing European Delivery, do it, and drive the hell out of the car there. Where else can you drive so many amazing roads, track at some of the best circuits in the world, and max out your car legally on the Autobahn?

Oh, and here is my favorite photo from the entire trip thanks to the excellent @ringmoments photographer:

That's awesome, congrats. That photo looks spectacular. Definitely a great memory for years to come hanging on the wall in the garage
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
That's awesome, congrats. That photo looks spectacular. Definitely a great memory for years to come hanging on the wall in the garage
Awesome photo indeed!

Where do you go to look for pics online from ring photographers?
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      07-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
M2UROTRSH
@M2UROTRSH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Awesome photo indeed!

Where do you go to look for pics online from ring photographers?
Glad you guys like that pic as much as I do Here's the best place to go the day or two days after you do some Touristenfahrten laps:

https://www.ringportal.nl/en/photography

Then it's a matter of manually digging through hundreds or thousands of photos... these photogs snap away like crazy during the day, rain or shine; much respect to them. Having Long Beach Blue helps the car stand out in the thumbnail view, fortunately
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      07-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Glad you guys like that pic as much as I do Here's the best place to go the day or two days after you do some Touristenfahrten laps:

Then it's a matter of manually digging through hundreds or thousands of photos... these photogs snap away like crazy during the day, rain or shine; much respect to them. Having Long Beach Blue helps the car stand out in the thumbnail view, fortunately
Awesome thank you!

LBB is eye catching so its hard for the photographers to miss!

I want to definitely drive on the ring so I can purchase a photo of me driving on the ring in my own car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Quote:

Awesome thank you!

LBB is eye catching so its hard for the photographers to miss!

I want to definitely drive on the ring so I can purchase a photo of me driving on the ring in my own car.
That's my dream as well one day euro delivery and ring drive .
      07-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I got some photos from RaceTracker.de, they do try to group photos of cars based on license plates or something so you don't have to scroll through all the photos.

You still have to find the first photo but then the site shows a set of other photos it thinks are of your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #12
M2UROTRSH
@M2UROTRSH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I got some photos from RaceTracker.de, they do try to group photos of cars based on license plates or something so you don't have to scroll through all the photos.

You still have to find the first photo but then the site shows a set of other photos it thinks are of your car.
Ahh yes their site is probably the best organized, but in practice, this feature didn't really work for my car so I can't recommend it to others; it did indeed find 2 other pictures of my M2, but also suggested a bunch of white M3's and even some Minis for some reason as being the same car! The ring portal site lists all of the photographers that I've ever heard about who shoot the TF's, and with the "Last Updated Date" gives a pretty good idea of where you might be able to find your photos and not miss any.

Happy hunting, and to all who are doing European Delivery in the near future, enjoy the 'ring, it's truly a magical place
Appreciate 0