BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Max camber with stock suspension

10-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #23
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS+1 View Post
Argh... the never ending camber struggle!!

If I buy non-adjustable camber plates, I prevent outer shoulder wear on the track but then chew up my inner tread on the street. If I buy adjustable camber plates, I will be fiddling with them constantly and my OCD will get the best of me. If I stay stock, and go all out at the track, I will have to replace my tires constantly. If I stay stock and take it easy on the track, then why bother... oh well, get M2 first, then sort out my remaining 1st world problems later!
I have the same first world problems. Coming from a full track corvette to the M2 so I can "arrive and drive" . As of now I am leaning towards 18 track wheels ( square or staggered) with track pads and just drive it to the limit..who knows what I will really do by next year!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #24
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Has anyone killed their tires on the stock alignment yet? Honestly the car turns in pretty well even on the stock alignment and I haven't seen any crazy outer edge wear yet. I wonder how much negative camber this car really needs.

I'm betting it doesn't need -3 like the E46 and E9x, those cars plowed on the stock alignment and the M2 absolutely does not.
Appreciate 0