BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Audi RS3 vs BMW M2 Competition vs Camaro SS 1LE

11-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #133
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfall View Post
The sound of the camaro definitely is a winner. The agility of the RS3 is awesome, but it doesn't come with a manual and is awd.

The handling of the M2c wins. I test drove the regular M2 for more than half an hour and loved it.
The camaro has a sound tube which pipes intake noise directly into the cabin. I installed a catch-can and it required removing this. It still sounds good with the tube removed. On start, the exhaust valves always open so it sounds like it explodes to life each time. I keep the exhaust in "track" mode all the time (4 settings). Nothing better than natural noise. There are some cars that still sound better, but this is not bad by any means.

Handling? 1LE. This car nails handling. I'm sure the M2C is nimble and can quickly change directions.
      11-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #134
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfall View Post
The sound of the camaro definitely is a winner. The agility of the RS3 is awesome, but it doesn't come with a manual and is awd.

The handling of the M2c wins. I test drove the regular M2 for more than half an hour and loved it.
The camaro has a sound tube which pipes intake noise directly into the cabin. I installed a catch-can and it required removing this. It still sounds good with the tube removed. On start, the exhaust valves always open so it sounds like it explodes to life each time. I keep the exhaust in "track" mode all the time (4 settings). Nothing better than natural noise. There are some cars that still sound better, but this is not bad by any means.

Handling? 1LE. This car nails handling. I'm sure the M2C is nimble and can quickly change directions.
Yeah the 1LE has immense grip (I tracked mine as well) ::. turn-in, mid corner and tracking out are all very stable and comfortable. The car does NOT feel small or lightweight though. I'm sure the fact that there's a fat V8 out front makes it feel that way. I haven't driven the M2 but I'm suspecting the front end feels a bit lighter which helps it feel nimble. The RS3 probably feels nimble because of this. My S3 was really tossable too which was fun but on the track it an under understeering mess. The Camaro wasn't really tossable but was very surefooted.

As a purely street car, I'd probably be really torn between the RS3 (clear choice of cold/wet climates) and the M2 (if rear seat less of an issue).

Weekend drives, some commuting and rare track day: M2

More track days but still some commuting: 1LE

At the end of the day... these are 3 of the best multitasking cars under the price of a 911.

Appreciate 3