BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Help with iPhone on iDrive screen (Connected Drive)

03-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz

Help with iPhone on iDrive screen (Connected Drive)

My wife has a 2014 F15 with nav and idrive.

When we bought the car, they had me download an older version of the connected drive app and i could get spotify/pandora controls on the idrive when connected via USB.

I downloaded the new connected drive app but nothing happens related to that app when I plug the phone in.

What am I doing wrong here?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
420Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
My wife has a 2014 F15 with nav and idrive.

When we bought the car, they had me download an older version of the connected drive app and i could get spotify/pandora controls on the idrive when connected via USB.

I downloaded the new connected drive app but nothing happens related to that app when I plug the phone in.

What am I doing wrong here?
Same occurred to me. Had pandora controls working on idrive.

Not sure when it updated, as it is set to auto update on wifi; but now nothing occurs when pandora is on control wise; still plays the music and typically only displays the first song and album art work that played. It will change songs but the album art work and text remain that of the first song that played.

edit: i've also updated the bmw software to their latest available with no affect other than sometimes the album art work and song change with pandora. However; it is sporadic and doesn't always change.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
Same occurred to me. Had pandora controls working on idrive.

Not sure when it updated, as it is set to auto update on wifi; but now nothing occurs when pandora is on control wise; still plays the music and typically only displays the first song and album art work that played. It will change songs but the album art work and text remain that of the first song that played.

edit: i've also updated the bmw software to their latest available with no affect other than sometimes the album art work and song change with pandora. However; it is sporadic and doesn't always change.
That's exactly what mine is doing! It's driving me crazy. I can skip tracks but can't control playlists or thumbs up via the idrive wheel like I could before.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
420Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
That's exactly what mine is doing! It's driving me crazy. I can skip tracks but can't control playlists or thumbs up via the idrive wheel like I could before.
Try updating the software in car; you just need a thumb drive. Didn't solve it and still doesn't connect via pandora app but the controls started working again and it sometimes works as it should changing the tracks. Others it just get's stuck again; however, i did find a work around for this. Turn you phone off then back on and plug in again and it should start loading the tracks and albums artwork again.

Follow link below and enter your VIN for latest update for your car.

https://www.bmw.com/content/bmw/mark...e-updates.html
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Did you delete the phone from the vehicle and re-pare it?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Did you delete the phone from the vehicle and re-pare it?
yup, tried that - didn't do anything.
Appreciate 0