BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > What will you buy if the M2 is unavailable?

View Poll Results: What will you buy if the M2 is unavailable?
BMW M3 32 20.78%
BMW M4 32 20.78%
BMW M235i 22 14.29%
Mercedes 8 5.19%
Audi 21 13.64%
Porsche 46 29.87%
Lexus 1 0.65%
Corvette/Camaro 16 10.39%
Ford Focus/Fiesta ST 8 5.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

05-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #67
BrutalTUNA
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 DCT MG

Garage List
If I could get a good deal on an M4, (by whining about the M2 allocations ) I'd take it...!
But I probably would have continue waiting for and ask my dealer to do me a discounted short term lease on a 435 or 235, until I get the M2....
I've been waiting for the this car since the first rumors...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #68
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

I'm the OP. Today I drove a Macan S. It was nice on the inside. Unique two-tone interior. The performance was adequate. It was boring. I need a fun daily driver. Macan is off the list. I just don't think I can ever drive an SUV. Not even a "race car SUV".
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #69
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalTUNA View Post
If I could get a good deal on an M4, (by whining about the M2 allocations ) I'd take it...!
But I probably would have continue waiting for and ask my dealer to do me a discounted short term lease on a 435 or 235, until I get the M2....
I've been waiting for the this car since the first rumors...
This. I got a pretty good deal on an M4 ZCP and let go my M2 spot. I'm not regretting one bit so far because I always liked the look of M4 better than M2. So, I chose an M4 although I voted for Camaro in this poll.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #70
BrutalTUNA
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
This. I got a pretty good deal on an M4 ZCP and let go my M2 spot. I'm not regretting one bit so far because I always liked the look of M4 better than M2. So, I chose an M4 although I voted for Camaro in this poll.
If I had the $$$ to buy an M4 ZCP,
I would have put my name on that waiting list from day one..., f&&k the M2

But personally, I prefer the overall design and the stance of the M2, compared to a base M4....,
The front facia of the M2 is just a piece of art..!
Appreciate 2
      05-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #71
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

I didn't want to wait so I got a 435i zhp
[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psrvodhlcr.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:13 AM   #72
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
I'm the OP. Today I drove a Macan S. It was nice on the inside. Unique two-tone interior. The performance was adequate. It was boring. I need a fun daily driver. Macan is off the list. I just don't think I can ever drive an SUV. Not even a "race car SUV".
Apparently you have a lot more cars to drive ...

Can't pull the trigger on an M2 or any BMW.. #because not nice enough interior

Can't pull the trigger on Macan or and SUV
#because not enough performance

Not sure I've heard your Mercedes opinion... ?

Agree with you on the "sporty SAV".. I haven't driven the Macan.. Pulled up to a lot a few weeks ago while my X1 was in the shop for warranty maintenance and when I saw a Macan price tag mid 70s. It would have to truly provide a sportscar performance and also be a an everyday vehicle. Doesn't seem like it can do that. I'll keep with the 2 vehicle method.

You want a "fun daily driver " that's also a luxury car and apparently BMW isn't luxury enough and most luxury cars aren't " fun enough " ...right??

Perhaps you should consider two versus one ?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 05:05 AM   #73
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
I didn't want to wait so I got a 435i zhp
[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psrvodhlcr.jpg[/IMG]
Niiiiice! Congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 05:13 AM   #74
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl

Agree with you on the "sporty SAV".. I haven't driven the Macan.. Pulled up to a lot a few weeks ago while my X1 was in the shop for warranty maintenance and when I saw a Macan price tag mid 70s. It would have to truly provide a sportscar performance and also be a an everyday vehicle. Doesn't seem like it can do that. I'll keep with the 2 vehicle method.

You want a "fun daily driver " that's also a luxury car and apparently BMW isn't luxury enough and most luxury cars aren't " fun enough " ...right??

I'm still at "one" car. I'm just looking for that sweet spot. Maybe I need to test the C450 even though the C43 will be different. There's no Mercedes to drive yet because the C43's aren't here. Lexus is not an option. Audi is withholding everything I would want until 2017 and 2018. Then there is the rumored M2 gran coupe. Camaro was super fast and I liked both the manual and automatic. But...not for me. Sooooo many first world "problems"! Not really a problem at all.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #75
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
I'm still at "one" car. I'm just looking for that sweet spot. Maybe I need to test the C450 even though the C43 will be different. There's no Mercedes to drive yet because the C43's aren't here. Lexus is not an option. Audi is withholding everything I would want until 2017 and 2018. Then there is the rumored M2 gran coupe. Camaro was super fast and I liked both the manual and automatic. But...not for me. Sooooo many first world "problems"! Not really a problem at all.
Stretch and get the C63S Coupe in Matte Grey. That's what I would have done if I wasn't able to get the M2...Bit I had my 1M as down payment so the price wouldn't have hurt all that bad.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #76
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

Dude, if they would have made an X1M...Oh yeah! TITTAYS! Now, I'm talking the old X1, the rear wheel drive X1. Not this new fangled front wheel drive X1. It would have been the SUV version of the 1M. Can you say TITTAYS!!!!!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #77
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:

Dude, if they would have made an X1M...Oh yeah! TITTAYS! Now, I'm talking the old X1, the rear wheel drive X1. Not this new fangled front wheel drive X1. It would have been the SUV version of the 1M. Can you say TITTAYS!!!!!

I wish they would have made an X1M also. I would own it.

I picked up a used X1 just recently with the M sport package sdrive 2.8. It's rear wheel drive and not all wheel drive like the 3.5 version and the new model.

It's pretty fun to drive as a daily and I have even done some tours with it and an autocross , but its got paddles and electric steering , so when I really want to have fun I'm taking the 1M.

It's interesting seeing both in the garage as they are both the same E8x chassis. Of course they were built on the same line at Leipzig as well.

I haven't yet had a chance to try my track wheels and tires from the 1M on the X1, but now that I have a bigger garage I'll have to do so.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 08:35 PM   #78
BrutalTUNA
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Quote:
I wish they would have made an X1M also. I would own it.
They will do an X1M..., but it'll be 4WD!

And I might consider it...!
Appreciate 1