BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

10-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #1233
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post
thanks buddy. you also resolved my auto mirror fold issue...it was my only factory gripe with the car....like how is that not default? haha.

that and ASD alone was worth the $47 bucks. after a year i was tired of those fake ass sounds. especially the rev match sound.
Where are the settings for this. I want to do the angel lights, asd off and auto mirror fold down still on the fence to buy the app if I can’t get those done.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #1234
humanista
Rep
Drives: F32 MY18 440xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30.M View Post
I can confirm that the turn signal blink option is not found on my 2018 M2 LCI.
I know I don't have a M2, but it is not on my 2018 440xi LCI in iDrive either.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 03:24 AM   #1235
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skasol View Post
Where are the settings for this. I want to do the angel lights, asd off and auto mirror fold down still on the fence to buy the app if I can’t get those done.
The app handles all of those things at least on the M2. For the mirrors you need to ALSO set the comfort settings delay to 0 so that lock and unlock fold instantly, no waiting holding down lock or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #1236
///M²
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Just had my service done at Pfaff BMW, no issues with the car being coded, the service was great, I highly recommend them to anyone in the GTA.

Thanks to the people in this thread who recommended them!!
      10-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #1237
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

***Stupid Question of the Day ALERT***

So after ordering my iCar VgateII (yes I got the WiFi one) about a month ago, it finally arrived.

Now if I could only find the port in the car where I am supposed to plug it in...

...be nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #1238
///M²
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue View Post

So after ordering my iCar VgateII (yes I got the WiFi one) about a month ago, it finally arrived.

Now if I could only find the port in the car where I am supposed to plug it in...

...be nice.
Underneath the dash, drivers side of course, on top of the hood latch opener, look there and you'll see it. Code away!
      10-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #1239
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M² View Post
Underneath the dash, drivers side of course, on top of the hood latch opener, look there and you'll see it. Code away!
Appreciate it, thanks! I assume it is in the same/similar place on most BMW's?
Will practice on my F30 until my F87 arrives next month.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #1240
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

...be nice.
At your left knee below the dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #1241
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:

...be nice.
Not stupid, took me a while to find it because it?s right up against the panel on the left. I pretty much had to get on my knees and stick my head in there until I saw it. Oh and it faces the opposite of what you?d think too haha
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #1242
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Does anyone know if there's a coding in expert mode where the windows won't crack open when you press the unlock button with your key fob?

For example, I want it to behave just like when you unlock with comfort access where it doesn't crack open the window. And this is different from when you actually open the door, it does crack down slightly but not as much when you press the unlock on the key fob.

Hopefully I described it well enough...haha
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #1243
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jycf87 View Post
Does anyone know if there's a coding in expert mode where the windows won't crack open when you press the unlock button with your key fob?

For example, I want it to behave just like when you unlock with comfort access where it doesn't crack open the window. And this is different from when you actually open the door, it does crack down slightly but not as much when you press the unlock on the key fob.

Hopefully I described it well enough...haha
available in stereo buttons settings. set delay for unlock away from instant. and leave instant for lock so you don't have to hold the button to close mirrors if that is coded.
      10-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #1244
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Dealer updated my 2017 M2 to the current software version and now BimmerCode is unable to code the head unit. Hmph.
That isn't what i wanted to hear. Literally just dropped the car off to get ISTEP updated yesterday.

You should email them and tell them to fix it: info@bimmercodeapp.de

I will do the same if i have the same issue (which presumably i will)

Last edited by AndrewC1989; 10-19-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      10-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #1245
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
That isn't what i wanted to hear. Literally just dropped the car off to get ISTEP updated yesterday.

You should email them and tell them to fix it: info@bimmercodeapp.de

I will do the same if i have the same issue (which presumably i will)
The app just needs to get updated. Happened to me when I got my firmware updated to update the electronic steering. I could still access most of the modules to code, but not all of them until the app was updated.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50
      10-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #1246
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
The app just needs to get updated. Happened to me when I got my firmware updated to update the electronic steering. I could still access most of the modules to code, but not all of them until the app was updated.
They emailed me back and said the same thing. Glad to hear they're on top of things.

I just got their bimmerlink link app as well to be able to play with the exhaust flap. Can't wait to try it.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #1247
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Dealer updated my 2017 M2 to the current software version and now BimmerCode is unable to code the head unit. Hmph.
Ried, i just got my car back with the updated ISTEP and i'm able to code the headunit with bimmercode. The first two times i tried it showed an error message but after being persistent and trying 3-4 more times it loaded and is working. Might be worth giving it another try.
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      10-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #1248
Kapachui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

bimmercode on Android

anybody using the Android version?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #1249
Perp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapachui
anybody using the Android version?
I am. Just waiting on expert mode to make it over. No issues do far with what I've coded.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #1250
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Coding under Warranty

Ive been bitching to my dealership, trying to get them to remove ASD on my month old M2. I had gone through a service adviser and also the business mgr... It was reported back to me that their software from bmw wont let them do this.. This time I took a different approach.. When the local BMW Genius at the dealership called me to inquire how everything was with the car, I laid out my feelings on ASD and how its so objectionable to so many people and how owners right and left are coding it out, and if they can do it why cant BMW?

This was his emailed response:

"While the ASD can be shut off through coding we actually had a customer yesterday in for service and his warranty was voided due to him altering the factory settings. While I understand where you’re coming from and the annoyance this can be unfortunately it’s not something I would recommend to do this early into your purchase. Maybe something to think about towards the end of the warranty period."

So theyre standing fast on this. Im disappointed and will probably choose not to risk jeopardizing the warranty even though Ive bought the hardware and paid for the bimmercode software. I think they should offer this service to new bmw owners in the same way that they offer other services..Id even pay a reasonable amount for them to do it. I can see why they cant open this up to individual coding under warranty, but at least they need to provide the option of disabling it at the dealership.

Last edited by boostm3; 10-23-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
Zippin0.00
      10-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #1251
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Ive been bitching to my dealership, trying to get them to remove ASD on my month old M2. I had gone through a service adviser and also the business mgr... It was reported back to me that their software from bmw wont let them do this.. This time I took a different approach.. When the local BMW Genius at the dealership called me to inquire how everything was with the car, I laid out my feelings on ASD and how its so objectionable to so many people and how owners right and left are coding it out, and if they can do it why cant BMW?

This was his emailed response:

"While the ASD can be shut off through coding we actually had a customer yesterday in for service and his warranty was voided due to him altering the factory settings. While I understand where you’re coming from and the annoyance this can be unfortunately it’s not something I would recommend to do this early into your purchase. Maybe something to think about towards the end of the warranty period."

So theyre standing fast on this. Im disappointed and will probably choose not to risk jeopardizing the warranty even though Ive bought the hardware and paid for the bimmercode software. I think they should offer this service to new bmw owners in the same way that they offer other services..Id even pay a reasonable amount for them to do it. I can see why they cant open this up to individual coding under warranty, but at least they need to provide the option of disabling it at the dealership.
That customer just needs to use his first backup and restore things to factory settings if anything comes up. That response sounds like the typical, “Don’t mess with anything in the car, we know more than you (but really we dont)” response.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 09:12 AM   #1252
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Personally, I consider that response absolute bullpucky. My BMW shop knows full well of my coding, and has happily done whatever my car has required in terms of service. Moreover, as has been discussed ad nauseam on this board, neither BMW nor any other car manufacturer can void a warranty for modifications unless those modifications can be shown to have caused the problem or problems for which service is required. So if you code out ASD, and BMW tries to deny a repair for the screeching brake noise, they are out of luck, at least legally speaking. Practically speaking, though, the dispute is a pain in the ass, so you need a good dealer relationship.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #1253
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogerf View Post
That customer just needs to use his first backup and restore things to factory settings if anything comes up. That response sounds like the typical, “Don’t mess with anything in the car, we know more than you (but really we dont)” response.
Im fully aware of Magnuson-Moss and all its implications, as Ive lived with modified cars most of my adult life. Backups dont always work as users here have reported.. Plus which, shaddow codes in the ecu are created which, if any dealer is looking for a reason to deny warranty coverage, can find. Users here have reported that occasional dealer attempts at flashing ecus where factory ecu configs have been changed have resulted in failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Personally, I consider that response absolute bullpucky. My BMW shop knows full well of my coding, and has happily done whatever my car has required in terms of service. Moreover, as has been discussed ad nauseam on this board, neither BMW nor any other car manufacturer can void a warranty for modifications unless those modifications can be shown to have caused the problem or problems for which service is required. So if you code out ASD, and BMW tries to deny a repair for the screeching brake noise, they are out of luck, at least legally speaking. Practically speaking, though, the dispute is a pain in the ass, so you need a good dealer relationship.

Youre very lucky you have a dealer you can work with. However, I dont think theyd even attempt do deny warranty coverage for brake problems... But what if something electronically is afoul? I dont think its a huge stretch for the dealer to try and draw a connection between any electronic problem and any hacked software which was used to interface with the ECU in a non factory change. Listen, Im not trying to make the dealers' case for them, and I wish I had a dealer who was willing to go out on a limb for this. But there are real cases reported here where dealer flashes failed because of a coding changes which customers applied, etc. Each person has to make the determination for themselves whether the reward is worth the risk. The approach Im taking is that the dealer, not unlike most Insurance providers, will look for any opportunity to deny coverage, and its up to the owner to not give it to them.. Is this right? Absolutely not. But I think its the reality most of us have to live in, unless we dont mind spending lots of bucks and time in court.

As an aside, I used to have an E36 M3 which I bought new from a bmw dealer who was also a Dinan dealer.. I had the car outfitted with Dinan vortech supercharger, Dinan Koni suspension, and Dinan exhaust among a lot of other stuff.... In time, to get more power, I changed the pulley size on the blower to develop a couple more psi and HP... Not long after, the Dinan muffler blew a weld. While still under warranty, I went to Dinan for redress, and was informed that they had been reading the forums and know for a fact that I upped the boost... Its that small boost increase which they lorded over my head as to why I wont find any help from them in replacing the exhaust.. I guess Ive been around long enough to expect the worst rather than the best of many dealers in the field.

Last edited by boostm3; 10-23-2017 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #1254
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Maybe, but backups dont always work as users here have reported.. Plus which, shaddow codes in the ecu are created which, if any dealer is looking for a reason to deny warranty coverage, can find.

Youre very lucky you have a dealer you can work with. However, I dont think theyd even attempt do deny warranty coverage for brake problems... But what if something electronically is afoul? I dont think its a huge stretch for the dealer to try and draw a connection between any electronic problem and any hacked software which was used to interface with the ECU in a non factory change. Listen, Im not trying to make the dealers' case for them, and I wish I had a dealer who was willing to go out on a limb for this. But there are real cases reported here where dealer flashes failed because of a coding changes which customers applied, etc. Each person has to make the determination for themselves whether the reward is worth the risk. The approach Im taking is that the dealer, not unlike most Insurance providers, will look for any opportunity to deny coverage, and its up to the owner to not give it to them.. Is this right? Absolutely not. But I think its the reality most of us have to live in, unless we dont mind spending lots of bucks and time in court.

As an aside, I used to have an E36 M3 which I bought new from a bmw dealer who was also a Dinan dealer.. I had the car outfitted with Dinan vortech supercharger, Dinan Koni suspension, and Dinan exhaust among a lot of other stuff.... In time, to get more power, I changed the pulley size on the blower to develop a couple more psi and HP... Not long after, the Dinan muffler blew a weld. While still under warranty, I went to Dinan for redress, and was informed that they had been reading the forums and know for a fact that I upped the boost... Its that small boost increase which they lorded over my head as to why I wont find any help from them in replacing the exhaust.. I guess Ive been around long enough to expect the worst rather than the best of many dealers in the field.
They may have had a point with your boost increase on the E36.

The rest is BS. They just can't say you changed a setting and voided your warranty. The burden of proof is squarely on them thanks to a 1975 law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

That being said, I get it about limiting the drama. No point fighting with the dealer. Suck it up or find a different one is the path of least resistance.

Now if that ASD is still bugging the crap out of you (like it did me), get yourself a bypass cable. Under $60 and installs in about 15 minutes. No coding and easy to undo if you wish. Some earlier cars with the coded ASD disable had some owners reporting a little of amp hiss in the stereo after doing so. the cable totally removes the ASD amp from the loop.

https://technicpnp.com/product/asd-bypass-harness/

Good luck (btw, most love the car minus the ASD).
Appreciate 0