BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > The Emulator Control Unit (ECM) - Product DEAD

01-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #45
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
I'd like to share my view as you asked

Display will be nice,display-less it's ok if cheaper
As long is a flawless and well tested solution comes available for sale asap I'm happy

For me will be nice have something to install and forget
And not with too many and complicated features.

My preference is OPF delete and valve control

I'm not going to buy with M-tax on top

I hope this makes sense
Totally!

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #46
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Must be OPF delete and cat delete as well, valve control would be nice but not a most. Personally I'm not interested in a display but one could always tuck it in somewhere discretely.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #47
AK-Motion
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 335xi

Hi folks,

another M2C installed the OPF-Delete wire to the DataDisplay Controller and is happy.
No erros, no continious regeneration of the OPF (which is the most tricky part).
Some hundrets of kilometers have been tested with a lot different driving scenarios without a problem.
So the solution looks to work 100%.
Software will be released as soon as the selling can go on (stopped because of EU electrical waste law).

BR
Alex
Appreciate 3
Moris3.00
prompt292.00
      01-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #48
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Motion View Post
Hi folks,

another M2C installed the OPF-Delete wire to the DataDisplay Controller and is happy.
No erros, no continious regeneration of the OPF (which is the most tricky part).
Some hundrets of kilometers have been tested with a lot different driving scenarios without a problem.
Software will be released as soon as the selling can go on (stopped because of EU electrical waste law).

BR
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the update

Where is going to be possible to buy this?
Can you post a link?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #49
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Hi folks,

BR
Alex
I'm wondering how can be possible that the ECU starts the regeneration if you remove the filters, it's not a diesel engine. No filters -> no backpressure flow -> no regeneration -> limp mode. Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #50
AK-Motion
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
I'm wondering how can be possible that the ECU starts the regeneration if you remove the filters, it's not a diesel engine. No filters -> no backpressure flow -> no regeneration -> limp mode. Am I missing something?
No no.
If you just remove the OPF there is no regeneration, thats right.
But if you go and work on a OPF-Delete solution, the M2C OPF mapping is very sensitiv. Means, if you have a solution without limp-mode that does not mean that it works And that was the tricky part, not to have regeneration all the time. I think that is the hardest part for other solutions, without the "top secret" opf mapping tables (in which scenarios the opf should have which pressure) it will be a work for months or years to have it perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #51
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

I just received an update from AK,it seems that the displays are going to be available again from the 13th,no mention of the OPF though
Fingers crossed for this to be the solution we are all looking for
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #52
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
I just received an update from AK,it seems that the displays are going to be available again from the 13th,no mention of the OPF though
Fingers crossed for this to be the solution we are all looking for
It's the solution as I'm using it without any issues without opf and also removed the sport cats just wait and enjoy 😜
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      02-13-2020, 02:27 AM   #53
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielo58 View Post
It's the solution as I'm using it without any issues without opf and also removed the sport cats just wait and enjoy 😜
I just ordered this
now it's time to buy an exhaust,I think I'll go with the AA midpipe again and stock backbox
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:37 AM   #54
JonD
Major
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe, M Sport

I wanted to stay warranty friendly as possible, so looking at this with just the exhaust flap control only, but at 500 euro it didn’t seem competitively priced to other options.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #55
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
I wanted to stay warranty friendly as possible, so looking at this with just the exhaust flap control only, but at 500 euro it didn't seem competitively priced to other options.
Ak motion cost less than 400€ I think
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #56
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Today I received the parcel from AK

Can't wait to buy an exhaust and have all this fitted at the same time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #57
Talx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Funny, they told me it is not available yet with the cable for OPF delete.
I looked on there site and the option is not available yet. 🤷*♂️
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #58
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

I don't know what to say man
this is what I received

tbh I don't know what I'm looking at

I see a display and a few wires

I hope all this will make sense for the guy that will install this

I've been told by Alex from AK that the OPF harnesses were included in my parcel
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #59
AK-Motion
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talx View Post
Funny, they told me it is not available yet with the cable for OPF delete.
I looked on there site and the option is not available yet. 🤷*♂️
Hi,
that's right, not official available yet.
Too many orders after our relaunch (because we had to wait for an electronic registration).
OPF Harness is in progress and the installation instruction is almost done (preview in german can be found in the wiki).

You can also make the cable set yourself, we don't want to make money with it, but we have to charge something for the effort and material.

This weekend we will update the store, add the OPF-Delete option at the product page and translate the installation instruction.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #60
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Hi,
Too many orders after our relaunch (because we had to wait for an electronic registration).
OPF Harness is in progress and the installation instruction is almost done (preview in german can be found in the wiki).

You can also make the cable set yourself, we don't want to make money with it, but we have to charge something for the effort and material.

This weekend we will update the store, add the OPF-Delete option at the product page and translate the installation instruction.
Can i delete the engine error after removing the OPFs with this harness?
http://datadisplay.store/en/accessor...e-harness.html
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:47 AM   #61
AK-Motion
Rep

Quote:
Yes, after installing the harness you can delete the error codes.
This may need an ignition switch (delete codes, ignition off, ignition on) but it will be deleted and never come back as long as there is no wire/connection problem with the DataDisplay Controller.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:50 AM   #62
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Yes you will never see back the transmission error on the screen. 100% tested for a few thousand of km
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #63
will164
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

AK Motion OPF delete works. I installed it today
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 07:37 AM   #64
Talx
Private First Class
Rep

what about the cat's?
can the cat's be removed and an open downpipe be installed with the OPF delete?

i want to remove the OPF's and the cat's and install an AA mid pipe with open donwpipes, but if i remove the cats will i get a code?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #65
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
The final word is out. The OPF-Delete ECM product is dead from my point of view. The company Awron Automotive who was developing it, has not been able to deliver what they have promised for more than a year now. It is the same person behind the company that is not giving support anymore for your Awron display. It is an one-man band right now who is unable to deliver the things he said he would deliver and which I then converted to you guys as a solution for our situation.

Over the past months, the product was promised to me and many dealers I spoke to at least more than 50 times. I even went to the office of the company mid-March to hear the latest, but now two months later nothing is there. There was a working prototype according to the owner of the business, but no further steps were made and I never saw it working.

It is a pity of course. I put more than 100 hours in this project hoping to find an option for everyone that looked out for a solution to remove his OPF without having to alter the tuning file on his car. The owner and developer of the product is simply not trustworthy enough to do business with anymore and I feel I need to take a distance.

He doesn't understand that they are clients waiting for the product and he is unable to finish it in a timely manner. Add to this to the fact that contacts of mine have experienced his inability to make it widely available for dealers and customers in the future at a decent price offer, and for me it all came together. There is a time you have to stop pulling a dead horse.

I have now decided to step away from the project knowing that it won't ever be released any time soon. It is what it is... The project is dead, and the only two options you can opt for now are to disable the sensors in the ECU or fit the AK Motion solution.

MR

[TOPIC CLOSED]

Last edited by MR.; 05-22-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      05-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #66
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
The final word is out. The OPF-Delete ECM product is dead from my point of view. The company Awron Automotive who was developing it, has not been able to deliver what they have promised for more than a year now. It is the same person behind the company that is not giving support anymore for your Awron display. It is an one-man band right now who is unable to deliver the things he said he would deliver and which I then converted to you guys as a solution for our situation.

Over the past months, the product was promised to me and many dealers I spoke to at least more than 50 times. I even went to the office of the company mid-March to hear the latest, but now two months later nothing is there. There was a working prototype according to the owner of the business, but no further steps were made and I never saw it working.

It is a pity of course. I put more than 100 hours in this project hoping to find an option for everyone that looked out for a solution to remove his OPF without having to alter the tuning file on his car. The owner and developer of the product is simply not trustworthy enough to do business with anymore and I feel I need to take a distance.

He doesn't understand that they are clients waiting for the product and he is unable to finish it in a timely manner. Add to this to the fact that contacts of mine have experienced his inability to make it widely available for dealers and customers in the future at a decent price offer, and for me it all came together. There is a time you have to stop pulling a dead horse.

I have now decided to step away from the project knowing that it won't ever be released any time soon. It is what it is... The project is dead, and the only two options you can opt for now are to disable the sensors in the ECU or fit the AK Motion solution.

MR

[TOPIC CLOSED]
Sorry. Always hard to have to drop something after putting so much time into it.
Appreciate 0