BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive sat-nav "loading"

10-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
M4SW
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M Competition

iDrive sat-nav "loading"

For the last week my sat nav in my 2018 M2 LCI has not worked at all. When I started the car on Sunday the sat nav screen displayed "Loading" and the screen displays an image of the BMW Welt. It's been saying this for days now. No maps nothing. Today is Friday! That's a long time to load in my books!!

I've tried to reset the iDrive by holding the volume button in for circa 30 seconds. The system restarts, but it's still not working.

Any suggestions much appreciated folks. Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by M4SW; 10-05-2018 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
M4SW
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4SW View Post
For the last week my sat nav in my 2018 M2 LCI has not worked at all. When I started the car on Sunday the sat nav screen displayed "Loading" and the screen displays an image of the BMW Welt. It's been saying this for days now. No maps nothing. Today is Friday! That's a long time to load in my books!!

I've tried to reset the iDrive by holding the volume button in for circa 30 seconds. The system restarts, but it's still not working.

Any suggestions much appreciated folks. Thanks.
Fixed under warranty. Dealer had to install new head unit and nav! Took 3 days but all working fine on collection. Will see how I get on over the next few days. Excellent service from local dealer. Couldn't fault them.
Appreciate 0