BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Sport exhaust alignment

01-03-2023, 10:09 AM   #23
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

I am installing my Remus Sport right now and the hangars that came with it will NOT go into my factory red hangars. I tried oil, other lubricants and c-clamps/similar to push it through and it is damaging the rubber hangar. I’m keeping the stock chassis barbs since there is just no way they are going to go in. I’ve seen multiple videos where the stock hangars were used but don’t know why I haven’t seen more about people not being able to use the once’s that come with the kid. Wondering if they are the wrong ones?
      01-03-2023, 10:56 AM   #24
AWFTMFWIN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 AW M2C, Roush 440A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
I am installing my Remus Sport right now and the hangars that came with it will NOT go into my factory red hangars. I tried oil, other lubricants and c-clamps/similar to push it through and it is damaging the rubber hangar. I’m keeping the stock chassis barbs since there is just no way they are going to go in. I’ve seen multiple videos where the stock hangars were used but don’t know why I haven’t seen more about people not being able to use the once’s that come with the kid. Wondering if they are the wrong ones?
Buy a pair of these....

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-38350-E.../dp/B0012S9A5U
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 11:01 AM   #25
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWFTMFWIN View Post
Buy a pair of these....

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-38350-Exhaust-Hanger-Removal/dp/B0012S9A5U
Might try these but it seemed as though it just wasn’t going to fit regardless.
      01-05-2023, 07:31 PM   #26
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
I had a rough time swapping the rubber hangers as well, took 20 min each with lube and a table clamp to barely get them on.
I have the Remus Race though, didn't you have the Race and swapped to the Meisterschaft GT? Are you going for the Resonated EL + Remus Sport combo now?
      01-05-2023, 07:34 PM   #27
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
I had a rough time swapping the rubber hangers as well, took 20 min each with lube and a table clamp to barely get them on.
I have the Remus Race though, didn't you have the Race and swapped to the Meisterschaft GT? Are you going for the Resonated EL + Remus Sport combo now?
Yes I don’t prefer the meisterschaft tip design as much and I loved the Remus all around so I’m going to sell the meisterschsft as soon as I’m done. This will be the same AA EL resonated mid pipe with the Remus sport this time. I can’t wait!!! If I need a little more, or expecting to, I can always swap out the resonated AA connection pipes.
      01-05-2023, 07:42 PM   #28
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know this sounds stupid but what exactly did you do. I was beginning to damage the rubber insulator trying to use a c-clamp and other means to press it in. I’m order two new rubber insulators to try and get it on there but I’m not hopeful.
      01-05-2023, 08:47 PM   #29
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
I know this sounds stupid but what exactly did you do. I was beginning to damage the rubber insulator trying to use a c-clamp and other means to press it in. I’m order two new rubber insulators to try and get it on there but I’m not hopeful.

To be clear I used a table vise- maybe it gave me more leverage than a clamp, and I had most trouble getting the Remus bracket on the red rubber mount- the rubber mount to the remus exhaust was relatively easy.

I had to tighten down turn by turn while making sure the "pin" on the bracket was aligned straight into the rubber mount, while feeding lube inside.I had a piece from inside the hole push out from inside, sort of deforming the rubber mount and possibly tearing inside somewhat, but I just pushed through and once the pin was out, it kind of went back inside the hole.

I also considered the AA resonated EL with the Remus Sport! Just decided to stick with the Race but you might make me change my mind!
      01-05-2023, 08:50 PM   #30
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To be clear I used a table vise, but to be clear I had most trouble getting the Remus bracket on the red rubber mount- the rubber mount to the remus exhaust was relatively easy.

I had to tighten down turn by turn while making sure the "pin" on the bracket was aligned straight into the rubber mount, while feeding lube inside.I had a piece from inside the hole push out from inside, sort of deforming the rubber mount and possibly tearing inside somewhat, but I just pushed through and once the pin was out, it kind of went back inside the hole.

I also considered the AA resonated EL with the Remus Sport! Just decided to stick with the Race but you might make me change my mind!
Mine deformed badly and it did damage the shape some but returned once removed from being halfway in the insulator. I gave up and had planned to use the stock mounts (which worked on my race) but the alignment was definitely lower near the crossmember than I would have liked which I used the stock ones. Maybe I’ll order some new ones and try again. Surprised I don’t hear about this issue more and I’ve seen many videos of folks using the stock mount brackets.
      03-26-2023, 05:02 AM   #31
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, I got my exhaust on, FINALLY. I had the same issue with the rear section hangers being backwards. Once fixing that and playing with clearances on the mid-pipe and under the rear lower control arms, I’m finally happy with it and breaking it in to enjoy the new sound!
Attached Images

pz6193278.50