BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2: more production time required than other models at the Leipzig factory

01-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #89
dave72
BMW M2
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN View Post
Also Belgian: order placed 17 October with expectations of an April delivery. Financing approved, trade-in agreed on. Mail today says there were 130 allocations for Belgium this year and we aren't one of them. Dealer is trying to work something out with BMW. We'll see.
I also ordered in oktober 2015, and delivery in april 2016 but today i had contact with the head off Bmw Belgium and they tell me that my car will be delivered end october2016
I think i am going to cancel my order.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #90
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
I also ordered in oktober 2015, and delivery in april 2016 but today i had contact with the head off Bmw Belgium and they tell me that my car will be delivered end october2016
Very bad news.
According to my dealer, delivery should be as promised i.e. week11. But it's true, perhaps I find myself in a favoured position since my dealer sold me his showroom specimen.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #91
dave72
BMW M2
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Very bad news.
According to my dealer, delivery should be as promised i.e. week11. But it's true, perhaps I find myself in a favoured position since my dealer sold me his showroom specimen.
Who is Your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #92
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
I hope we can start placing our orders soon here in the US.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 04:58 AM   #93
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Who is Your dealer?
Dave, You have mail.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #94
Arcanum-UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i on Order

The information coming out from dealers in the UK is that orders will be staged across 2016. Dealers who have been allocated three cars get them in May, August and December. I've got an 1100 screenshot from the dealer showing a May delivery and I was first on the list for my dealer.

Maybe the US will be different from the UK...

If people are interested, Evo has just released an 'unwrapped' video of the M2. Nothing new, but interesting for those that are waiting:

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #95
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Very bad news.
Just visited my dealer. My car has been bumped to week 9 production, so one of the first customer cars. But no word yet if they will be able to release it to me before April 16. Sometimes BMW won't release the cars to the dealer but keeps them at the port until the official release date.

Also just a few of their cars have allocations, about one per month or so. The rest are still waiting for allocations.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #96
qbishon
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 is coming soon

Hello guys. I'm new here, but I check this forum almost everyday.
After read this discussion I am bit worry. I made an order around end of October in my local dealer in Warsaw in Poland. They told me there will be only 16 cars in 2016 available to buy. All sold out of course, my was the last one. Anyway they told me the car should be ready in March and beginning of April is final deadline. I already sent an email to my dealer asking if he knows anything about delay. Its gonna be huge problem for me, because now I have a car in leasing until end of february. My plan was to rent a car for 1 month until my M2 arrived. But if its true that M2 may be in October or even later its gonna be a big problem for me. Because of difficult financial procedures ( I bought car in Poland, but will be registered in Czech Republic - Tax issues ), I already paid around 55% of my car. Do you think in case delay is real I could change an order ? I dont know, for example M3/M4 ? But I still prefer M2. Its my first brand new car from dealer so its big deal for me. Let me know guys what do you think.

Sorry for my English...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #97
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbishon View Post
After read this discussion I am bit worry. I made an order around end of October in my local dealer in Warsaw in Poland. They told me there will be only 16 cars in 2016 available to buy. All sold out of course, my was the last one. Anyway they told me the car should be ready in March and beginning of April is final deadline. I already sent an email to my dealer asking if he knows anything about delay. Its gonna be huge problem for me, because now I have a car in leasing until end of february. My plan was to rent a car for 1 month until my M2 arrived. But if its true that M2 may be in October or even later its gonna be a big problem for me. Because of difficult financial procedures ( I bought car in Poland, but will be registered in Czech Republic - Tax issues ), I already paid around 55% of my car. Do you think in case delay is real I could change an order ? I dont know, for example M3/M4 ? But I still prefer M2. Its my first brand new car from dealer so its big deal for me. Let me know guys what do you think.

Sorry for my English...
I guess it depends on your contract. If it is delayed and you get another car it shouldn't be an issue really, but it is impossible to answer without knowing all the details.

The dealers doesn't know too much yet regarding allocations and such so much of the info is just speculation at this point.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #98
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Quote:

Sorry for my English...
I guess it depends on your contract. If it is delayed and you get another car it shouldn't be an issue really, but it is impossible to answer without knowing all the details.

The dealers doesn't know too much yet regarding allocations and such so much of the info is just speculation at this point.
Is your current car a BMW? That may help matters. They could either extend your lease a few months or find you something to drive. My brother had a 911, lease was up and his new convertible was still 8 months out (got first one of new body style). They literally just gave him a Panamera off the pre owned lot to drive while he waited. Is 55% down typical in Poland? That seems crazy here in the U.S. dealers ask for anywhere from $500 to $1000 down on almost any car that you order. I have $500 down on an RS3 right now to hold build slot #1 at my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #99
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
A Belgian who ordered his M2 shortly after the October launch, reported yesterday about status code 111 with M2 delivery expected for September 2016 (instead of earlier as initially assumed). No information whether he's first on the dealer list or not + the precise order date.

I did not inquire yet about the approximate delivery period of mine. No stress.
Also Belgian: order placed 17 October with expectations of an April delivery. Financing approved, trade-in agreed on. Mail today says there were 130 allocations for Belgium this year and we aren't one of them. Dealer is trying to work something out with BMW. We'll see.
wow
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #100
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

Interesting little snippet of information from the recent EVO article that accompanies the preview video. (http://www.evo.co.uk/bmw/2-series/16...-the-m2s-growl)

"With regular 2-series produced at BMW's Leipzig facility, and no dedicated line for the M2, M division will convert cars at a separate workshop. This means numbers will be limited, and BMW UK says it'll be 'lucky to get 400-500'."
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 04:25 AM   #101
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Jason View Post
Interesting little snippet of information from the recent EVO article that accompanies the preview video. (http://www.evo.co.uk/bmw/2-series/16...-the-m2s-growl)

"With regular 2-series produced at BMW's Leipzig facility, and no dedicated line for the M2, M division will convert cars at a separate workshop. This means numbers will be limited, and BMW UK says it'll be 'lucky to get 400-500'."

This has been known since last October.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #102
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
This has been known since last October.
I was specifically referring to:

"M division will convert cars at a separate workshop."

I left the rest as context for others who may not be as well informed.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #103
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
A Belgian who ordered his M2 shortly after the October launch, reported yesterday [December 30, 2015] about status code 111 with M2 delivery expected for September 2016 (instead of earlier as initially assumed). No information whether he's first on the dealer list or not + the precise order date.
I did not inquire yet about the approximate delivery period of mine. No stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN View Post
Also Belgian: order placed 17 October with expectations of an April delivery. Financing approved, trade-in agreed on. Mail today [January 6, 2016] says there were 130 allocations for Belgium this year and we aren't one of them. Dealer is trying to work something out with BMW. We'll see.
Quote:
I also ordered in October 2015, and delivery in April 2016 but today [January 6, 2016] I had contact with the head of BMW Belgium and they tell me that my car will be delivered end October2016
I think I am going to cancel my order.
Got the confirmation today of my dealer that mine is scheduled to go into production in April 2016, with delivery at my dealership at the end of April 2016. Early adopter with #1 spot at my dealer (it's no dealer demo, so no HEA [Handler-Erst-Ausstattung]). If all goes along plan (i.e. no production push-backs), I guess I'll be taking delivery someday in May.

130 allocated M2s for Belgium for MY2016 ? Didn't know that figure yet. Hm, so it seems that all were very quickly spoken for. Maybe a tell-tale sign for elsewhere. If you want to secure one, don't wait for the publication of rave reviews later this Winter (and no, I am not affiliated to BMW). As commented before: no limited production, but available in limited quantities.

"Monday, I could wait till Tuesday | If I make up my mind | Wedn'sday would be fine | Thursday's on my mind | Friday'd give me time | Saturday could wait | But Sunday'd be too late..."

01-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #104
Artemis
Rep

Updated the first post of this thread: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2#post19141742
      01-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #105
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Artemis - Which week was your production week? All three allocations I have seen in Sweden are the first week of each month (March, April and May). Don't know if this is just for my dealer or maybe if it is M2 specific.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #106
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Artemis - Which week was your production week? All three allocations I have seen in Sweden are the first week of each month (March, April and May). Don't know if this is just for my dealer or maybe if it is M2 specific.
Did not get that info specified today ("Your car is scheduled for production in April and will normally be with us at the end of April"), but I guess week 14 or 15, if the car is expected to arrive at the Belgian dealer by the end of that same month (over here, normally add ± 2 weeks to the scheduled production date).
      01-10-2016, 07:44 AM   #107
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Allocations for the 1M came out at the start of each month. No clue on the production week.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #108
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Allocations for the 1M came out at the start of each month. No clue on the production week.
I was talking about actual production weeks, as all three allocated cars my dealer had were scheduled for the first week in each month three months in a row. Sounds more like a system than a coincidence.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2016, 08:25 AM   #109
qbishon
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 is coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Is your current car a BMW? That may help matters. They could either extend your lease a few months or find you something to drive. My brother had a 911, lease was up and his new convertible was still 8 months out (got first one of new body style). They literally just gave him a Panamera off the pre owned lot to drive while he waited. Is 55% down typical in Poland? That seems crazy here in the U.S. dealers ask for anywhere from $500 to $1000 down on almost any car that you order. I have $500 down on an RS3 right now to hold build slot #1 at my dealer.
No, it is not typical. Like i said. It is because I register my car in Czech Republic. This way i can avoid pay 19% tax + 18% special polish tax for luxury goods. Luxury in Poland is every car with engine bigger then 2.0L...
So this way may car cost me around 37% less. I paid for M2 around $57K
with almost full equipment.

I just got information from my dealer, and he said there is no delays for my car. So it should be ready around april.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #110
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Quote:
No, it is not typical. Like i said. It is because I register my car in Czech Republic. This way i can avoid pay 19% tax + 18% special polish tax for luxury goods. Luxury in Poland is every car with engine bigger then 2.0L...
So this way may car cost me around 37% less. I paid for M2 around $57K
with almost full equipment.

I just got information from my dealer, and he said there is no delays for my car. So it should be ready around april.
WOW!
Appreciate 0