BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > Looking for South Jersey ///M2 owners

04-11-2024, 07:23 PM   #67
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
I guess the meet up never happened?
We all really should get together for a cruise and maybe stop at some eatery to take over the parking lot. I don't have any "recently visited" suggestions at the moment, but it's South Jersey and they're are plenty spots. I know a few nice ice cream / cheesesteak places we could hit. Paulsboro has a decent spot with custard that I hit: https://maps.app.goo.gl/1uYERvRncuFyPoHs6

Here are more examples: https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bur...h+Jersey%2C+NJ

Anyway, there are a ton of unsuspecting take out spots down here and I'll bet you guys have much better suggestions. I would be badass to take over one of their parking lots randomly and end up on their social media as the BMW Burger Crew or some similar stupid name. Lord knows a lot of these places are barely hanging on, so any help would be appreciated (hopefully).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 07:33 PM   #68
TUDMG
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I’m in South Jersey too. There are some takeout spots I’d like to try out, so I’m up for an F87 meetup 🤝
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 10:52 PM   #69
RocketTR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Yeah, it certainly is iconic, but with both my wife and I with full time jobs, 2 young kids, me spending 2 hours a day commuting for work, my bad back and totally shot shoulders from being a swimmer for 18 years and no lift in my garage, I'd rather not do my own work. I know it sounds like I'm bitching out, but I'm not in my 20's anymore, and it feels it!

I still change the oil and stuff that doesn't require me to tweak my back or put my arms over my head. Anyway, watch out for a lowered red tesla model 3 P ripping by the park. You won't hear, only optical pleasure, LOL. That's my daily.
You went electric? Nice....how do you like it compared to your M cars? I don't know if I could make the switch. I guess you didn't really either since you still have your other cars.

Maybe we gotta set up a little drag race when I have my new clutch. My Audi will run high 11s, which is right where the Model 3 Performance is at, so it should be a great matchup. I caught a guy in a red Model 3 Performance on Rt. 55 North one morning on my way to work. This was last summer. He took off real hard on the ramp, so I did the same. I passed him at about 110 mph, but I think he just didn't want to keep going. I know for sure that I would have gotten him on the top end anyway because those cars are limited to about 160 mph, I believe.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 07:54 AM   #70
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
We all really should get together for a cruise and maybe stop at some eatery to take over the parking lot. I don't have any "recently visited" suggestions at the moment, but it's South Jersey and they're are plenty spots. I know a few nice ice cream / cheesesteak places we could hit. Paulsboro has a decent spot with custard that I hit: https://maps.app.goo.gl/1uYERvRncuFyPoHs6

Here are more examples: https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bur...h+Jersey%2C+NJ

Anyway, there are a ton of unsuspecting take out spots down here and I'll bet you guys have much better suggestions. I would be badass to take over one of their parking lots randomly and end up on their social media as the BMW Burger Crew or some similar stupid name. Lord knows a lot of these places are barely hanging on, so any help would be appreciated (hopefully).
Hope you guys can get something going. I have long since left NJ and the M2 is way in the rearview.