BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Additional Color for M2 LCI?

05-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Allegro Vanden Plas

Additional Color for M2 LCI?

Yesterday I was chatting to a "BWM Genius" who said the Seaside Blue and the Sunset Orange were available options for the M2 LCI. After posting the conversation on here I decided that maybe he'd confused the M2 with the MSport. So today I called them and spoke to a different guy who said they are definitely available for the M2 and he wasn't confusing it with the MSport. He then said I could have any colour, at which point I realised he probably didn't know what he was talking about. I explained to him the issue with the Leipzig plant...

why-will-the-bmw-m2-only-have-four-colors

He then said he'd need to speak to HQ and he'd call back, which he did a couple of hours later to say there were no custom colours. When I asked if the Sunset Orange was still an option he said he didn't know and I would have to wait until July when production starts.

So in summary, no one working at BWM knows. Well, I'm sure someone does. He or She is just not telling anyone else. All I wanted was a yes or no. I'm not that bothered. I'm more bothered no one at BWM can tell me.

Does anyone on here know?

M2Wolf posted the UK LCI price list is below and it doesn't mention additional colours
http://https://juicelp-dev.s3.amazon...F87+LCI+PT.pdf

Last edited by Lieutenant Biscuits; 05-12-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

All of the LCI promotional materials for other countries released so far only show the original 4 colors, so draw your conclusion from those.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lowman View Post
Yesterday I was chatting to a "BWM Genius" who said the Seaside Blue and the Sunset Orange were available options for the M2 LCI. After posting the conversation on here I decided that maybe he'd confused the M2 with the MSport. So today I called them and spoke to a different guy who said they are definitely available for the M2 and he wasn't confusing it with the MSport. He then said I could have any colour, at which point I realised he probably didn't know what he was talking about. I explained to him the issue with the Leipzig plant...

He then said he'd need to speak to HQ and he'd call back, which he did a couple of hours later to say there were no custom colours. When I asked if the Sunset Orange was still an option he said he didn't know and I would have to wait until July when production starts.

So in summary, no one working at BWM knows. Well, I'm sure someone does. He or She is just not telling anyone else. All I wanted was a yes or no. I'm not that bothered. I'm more bothered no one at BWM can tell me.

M2Wolf posted the UK LCI price list is below and it doesn't mention additional colours
This is not uncommon, BMW needs to educate their non-German employees better. Anything a "Genius", sales/service/dealership, or even BMW NA (here in the US) employee tells you about model specifics is likely wrong.
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      05-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
All of the LCI promotional materials for other countries released so far only show the original 4 colors, so draw your conclusion from those.
I'll be sticking with the LBB then
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
This is not uncommon, BMW needs to educate their non-German employees better. Anything a "Genius", sales/service/dealership, or even BMW NA (here in the US) employee tells you about model specifics is likely wrong.
They are like the Apple "Geniuses" you find at Apple stores. "Did you try turning it off...and then turning it back on again? Oh, that didn't work? Well...I'm stumped."

Basically one extra pair of chromosomes than the rest of us.
Toss them a banana and move on.
Appreciate 4
chris7197335.50
m34m697.00
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      05-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue View Post
They are like the Apple "Geniuses" you find at Apple stores. "Did you try turning it off...and then turning it back on again? Oh, that didn't work? Well...I'm stumped."

Basically one extra pair of chromosomes than the rest of us.
Toss them a banana and move on.
The definition of "Genius" seems to have been watered down somewhat. On the plus side, that probably makes me a maths genius as I know all my times-tables. Well, when I say all, I mean like I know my fives and tens and I'm pretty hot on the twos. The other ones I don't care for as they are too hard to remember.
Appreciate 3
chris7197335.50
PiK61.00
BruceM985.50
      05-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
johanva
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 MY2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lowman View Post

why-will-the-bmw-m2-only-have-four-colors

I ordered a LCI this week (have the adaptive LED lights selected) and the configurator of the dealer only showed four colours, same as pre-LCI .
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Well your first mistake was listening to a "BWM" genius.

:P
Appreciate 3
ORIGIN M.3160.50
zenmaster1576.50
      05-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #9
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Trusting a BMW genius is like trusting a fortune teller.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Oracle knows best
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      05-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #11
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Ha ha....love it!....but is the M2, "The One" ?
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #12
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Wink

Nope, the 1 M Coupe was "The One"... The M2? isss... "The Two" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadz View Post
Appreciate 4
      05-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #13
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadz View Post
Only a Genius can share that "one"
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #14
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Ok the whole thing with BMW Genius / Sales / Marketing not being able to tell you what they are selling is so old now, it's surprising people are still incredulous at the confidently provided, yet incorrect, info they vomit across the phone or into your email inbox. They are, on the whole, f'ing stupid and lack sufficient critical thinking and honesty to know when they don't know info.

In my experience, BMW Genius is worthless unless you want to know what production stage your car is in, which they should have automated long ago.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17489.00
      05-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #15
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep

The BMW Oracle....err I mean Genius that I dealt with was pretty knowledgable and owned an M3 so was an enthusiast as well. Always easy to paint a broad picture, but capable people show up sometimes. All experiences come down to meeting the correct individual who can either make or ruin your day.
Appreciate 2
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      05-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #16
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Nope, the 1 M Coupe was "The One"... The M2? isss... "The Two" !
Okay, thanks, it's all making sense now.
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      05-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I recommend waiting for a second LCI... they will probably add more colors then..
Appreciate 5
M2 CSL446.50
Spa2k1194.00
1M Tex240.00
Corinne1171.00
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      05-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #18
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Ok the whole thing with BMW Genius / Sales / Marketing not being able to tell you what they are selling is so old now, it's surprising people are still incredulous at the confidently provided, yet incorrect, info they vomit across the phone or into your email inbox. They are, on the whole, f'ing stupid and lack sufficient critical thinking and honesty to know when they don't know info.

In my experience, BMW Genius is worthless unless you want to know what production stage your car is in, which they should have automated long ago.
It seems I was naive in assuming a Genius would know the answer but don't worry, they won't fool me twice! Actually, make that thrice.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #19
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post

I only utilize a BMW genius when I want to test drive a car. Beyond that I do not expect them to know much other than what is currently in inventory.
Appreciate 0