BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Spotify issue on iDrive 6

07-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
Blaacky
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Spotify issue on iDrive 6

hello members,

I have a 2018 M2 with iDrive 6. I recently switched from iPhone to Android.

I connected the new phone to the car without a problem I can use the spotify app directly through the Navigation system which works flawlessly! However I can't skip tracks from the steering wheel when I go to skip (scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel) it just says loading and nothing more happens. If I go through the iDrive there's no problem at all everything works.

I didn't had the problem on my iPhone device which makes me believe that it is maybe a problem with Android?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

I've got the same issue running the latest iStep revision from the dealer and streaming from a Pixel 2 XL. Chalking it up to BMW giving Android users the cold shoulder and being in bed with Apple.

They're one of the few manufacturers that don't have both, Android Auto and CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #3
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
My spotify stopped working after a few months. Then car went to service and something was updated in idrive so then it started working again but with the same issue of not being able to scroll tracks like the OP describes.

But then after a few months it stopped working again. I suspect updates in spotify to be the culprit.

I can however still play via Bluetooth and change songs on the phone which is not recommended while driving. I therefore uploaded lots of songs to the hard drive in the car which has its pros and cons...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

I have the same issue with my iPhone. Doing it via iDrive once seems to fix it though on the steering wheel/dash control.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #5
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
spotify support via android is horrible indeed :|
Appreciate 0