BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Milltek race system, M2 competition

07-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #45
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protatomonster View Post
I'm also incredibly impressed on how this exhaust can be so quiet with flaps closed and efficient mode it's legit stealth and I don't have to worry about driving through my neighborhood late at night. It can be quite loud but never loud enough to drone. Attached are some images if you guys need anything else let me know.
Nice!

In sport / sport + do you have a resonance / booming at 2900rpm, especially on a light throttle? Not so much in efficient though.

Unfortunately 2900rpm is highway cruise, so I have to go above or below that.

What do you think at full chat? window open? I don't find it a very harmonious kind of sound, more like a monotone blare!

From drive bys I know it sounds way better outside the car than from inside, but who is it for?? me or passers by!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #46
Protatomonster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
I'm also incredibly impressed on how this exhaust can be so quiet with flaps closed and efficient mode it's legit stealth and I don't have to worry about driving through my neighborhood late at night. It can be quite loud but never loud enough to drone. Attached are some images if you guys need anything else let me know.
Nice!

In sport / sport + do you have a resonance / booming at 2900rpm, especially on a light throttle? Not so much in efficient though.

Unfortunately 2900rpm is highway cruise, so I have to go above or below that.

What do you think at full chat? window open? I don't find it a very harmonious kind of sound, more like a monotone blare!

From drive bys I know it sounds way better outside the car than from inside, but who is it for?? me or passers by!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a resonance/boom noise, the tone is very nice though throughout all the RPM's it's definitely a bit harder to pick that up in video but I guess the best way to explain it is there's much more of a sporty tone it makes more of a naturally aspirated sound than it did stock. I think both the driver and people from the outside can enjoy the car sound, though with any sports car I think most people these days can careless what your car sounds like unless they are a car person. With windows open at full blare it sounds great especially when shifting and driving quick, when sitting still and Revving high to show off, sounds good but expect really loud pops. At 2900 RPM or cruising speeds if you're trying to you can definitely hear the exhaust, but not a drone at all, now when you decide to kick it up a bit and speed up even if you stay in 6th gear and just put the throttle in more you'll get a really enjoyable sporty sound. I really enjoy the added shift up backfires I am now getting all the way to 6th gear. I'll try to capture that for you guys
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #47
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a resonance/boom noise, the tone is very nice though throughout all the RPM's it's definitely a bit harder to pick that up in video but I guess the best way to explain it is there's much more of a sporty tone it makes more of a naturally aspirated sound than it did stock. I think both the driver and people from the outside can enjoy the car sound, though with any sports car I think most people these days can careless what your car sounds like unless they are a car person. With windows open at full blare it sounds great especially when shifting and driving quick, when sitting still and Revving high to show off, sounds good but expect really loud pops. At 2900 RPM or cruising speeds if you're trying to you can definitely hear the exhaust, but not a drone at all, now when you decide to kick it up a bit and speed up even if you stay in 6th gear and just put the throttle in more you'll get a really enjoyable sporty sound. I really enjoy the added shift up backfires I am now getting all the way to 6th gear. I'll try to capture that for you guys
i believe he means drones
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 05:59 AM   #48
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydinsmoothx View Post
Milltek with carbon tips. I dont like how it sounds in the video. Sounds much deeper in real life with no rasp. Not to loud but sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3zRC6KCPms&feature=youtu.be

Attachment 2099385

Attachment 2099386

Attachment 2099387

Attachment 2099388
I'm seriously thinking about the Milltek, but I want to replace the damn OPFs so I'm considering the EU approved version with GPF/OPF bypass, maybe just a bit louder than your race version with mid-kats.
I've been considering this route also, but from what I understand, even with the milltek catted mid pipe, you have to have OPF delete sw, which may be a deal breaker for me.

Original plan was Milltek mid pipe and rear section, leaving the original DPs. Then using BM3 sw to suppress the OPF checks/CELs. Now with BM3 not supporting my DME I will likely just Forego the ass pain and do the back section only.

Damned EU regulation..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #49
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
I've been considering this route also, but from what I understand, even with the milltek catted mid pipe, you have to have OPF delete sw, which may be a deal breaker for me.

Original plan was Milltek mid pipe and rear section, leaving the original DPs. Then using BM3 sw to suppress the OPF checks/CELs. Now with BM3 not supporting my DME I will likely just Forego the ass pain and do the back section only.

Damned EU regulation..
I will delete OPFs, they bring more problems than benefits. I'm waiting for a new BM3 release supporting my DME, otherwise i will flash to another tuner (this for example).
On the fence between Milltek or AA midpipe + Remus axle back.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      07-24-2019, 07:59 AM   #50
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
but from what I understand, even with the milltek catted mid pipe, you have to have OPF delete sw, which may be a deal breaker for me.
I have the catted milltek mid pipe on my EU car in place of OPF and I have had no OPF faults even before I used BM3 to map it.

I haven't used the BM3 OPF sensor OFF function.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 08:09 AM   #51
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Quote:

Damned EU regulation..
I will delete OPFs, they bring more problems than benefits. I'm waiting for a new BM3 release supporting my DME, otherwise i will flash to another tuner (this for example).
On the fence between Milltek or AA midpipe + Remus axle back.
I had a single mid pipe on the F80 and it was much deeper sound. I'm surprised there aren't more EU companies making the single mid pipe tbh
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #52
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
but from what I understand, even with the milltek catted mid pipe, you have to have OPF delete sw, which may be a deal breaker for me.
I have the catted milltek mid pipe on my EU car in place of OPF and I have had no OPF faults even before I used BM3 to map it.

I haven't used the BM3 OPF sensor OFF function.
That's great info and wonder if it will still be good with the updated DME. I think a good route would be to buy milltek mid and rear section, wait until BM3 supports newer DME and have that as a backup if it does kick codes.

Thanks much
Appreciate 0