BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Pads: Hawk 5.0 vs Pagid RSL29

08-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
Bolt27
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Pads: Hawk 5.0 vs Pagid RSL29

Alright so I know the Pagids are obviously better, but there is a $400 price difference and I don’t live at the track. I have a track day later this month and who knows when the next one will be - probably next year. I plan to swap in pads for the track and then swap the stock pads back in after. Is it really worth the extra cash in this instance?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Do you have an option of getting their Street/Race pad instead of the 5.0? It’s a higher temp compound than 5.0 and advertised as dual duty pad.

I think the answer to your question depends on your driving style and skill. If you brake harder but for shorter duration and lift throttle a few seconds before going into a brake zones this could work. Also do a cooling lap every few laps and that will help.

On the other hand if you plan on swapping anyway might as well get a good track pad which will last a few years. I recommend PFC 08. I have 3 days on mine and they only lost 1-2mm of lining.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
Bolt27
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Fair point on getting something that will last. I’m sure I can track down the PFC-08s
Appreciate 0