BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Does anyone have the KW adaptive suspension?

06-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Does anyone have the KW adaptive suspension?

So as you can imagine, I live in metro Detroit Michigan. We have some pretty piss poor roads here. I was curious if anyone was running the KW DDC suspension kit, and how much of a difference the "comfort" mode makes in softening things up?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
Excezz
Rep
Drives: M2

Hey i've installed KW DDC on my OG M2.
Just do it, you will thank yourself

It's got 3 modes, comfort, sport, sport+

Comfort - 50% softer than stock. It can be a bit squishy/bouncy when you clear speed bumps, so be careful if you wanna lower the car. It's soft enuff for the front bumper to scrape the bumps.

Sport - Feels like stock. Still hard on damaged roads

Sport+ - Hard as hell, you'll feel every hole and dent on the road. I use this on track, car handles really well, you feel more confident.

My recommendation is to get the Wifi Module to control via your smartphone app, so you can custom tune the hardness settings. Reason being, i lowered my car slightly and it's very soft when you hit a speed bump, so my lip ends up scraping slightly on the bump. Now this isn't a problem if you go reaaallllly slow for the car to spring back up, but it got annoying when you drive a fast car and had to go embarrassingly slow on bumps or those really weird down sloping parking garages.

So i adjusted front to be 35% hard in order for it not to be too squishy.

I go on spirited drives on countryside roads that are about 80% okayish, the comfort mode helps.
Appreciate 1
dtmurf481.50
      07-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Waiting to have it installed on mine. Was supposed to have it installed on 7 June but apparently KW (in Germany) could not supply the kit so I'm waiting for it to come in.
      08-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
Waiting to have it installed on mine. Was supposed to have it installed on 7 June but apparently KW (in Germany) could not supply the kit so I'm waiting for it to come in.
Any word on the install? I'm looking for more reviews of this suspension setup myself.
Appreciate 0