BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Why does everyone order the Executive package?

12-18-2020, 07:59 AM   #133
thebiglubinsky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

My 2021 came standard with the hex style full adaptive led headlights. Glad I saved $1200.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #134
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

It's really amazing how the adaptive LED's transform the look of the M2 from a little long on the tooth to fresh. I had the adaptive LED's on my M2 and when I traded it in the dealer already had another used 2018 LBB M2 for sale in their showroom. Both cars within 5k km's on the ODO and the only difference (both manual transmissions) being the executive package. Despite advertising my car $2k higher it sold within a month of my trade in and the other one was still there for months after. If you plan on keeping your car for a very long time it won't matter but most savvy buyers that have done their homework researching these cars will want the adaptive LED's as it absolutely matters in the used market as in most cases when selling you will get more money and sell faster with the adaptive LED's.
Appreciate 4
natmad667.00
Bumpinjeep5531.00
BlkSVT388.50
      12-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #135
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashoutposse View Post
It’s 2% of the price. Tick the box.
Counterpoint: It's 2% off the price. Save yourself 2% without negotiating if you don't need it (I say this as someone who DID spec exec package).
Appreciate 1
Sublime001137.00
      12-20-2020, 10:00 PM   #136
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Quote:
It’s 2% of the price. Tick the box.
Counterpoint: It's 2% off the price. Save yourself 2% without negotiating if you don't need it (I say this as someone who DID spec exec package).
If you ever sell the car you'll make the money back though. Used shoppers want this option and pass over cars without it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 02:12 AM   #137
keylime503
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
If you ever sell the car you'll make the money back though. Used shoppers want this option and pass over cars without it.
Like I said, I'm someone who DID tick the box. Just providing a counterargument.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #138
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Like I said, I'm someone who DID tick the box. Just providing a counterargument.
It's true that there is a non zero amount of people who don't want the adaptive lights.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #139
keylime503
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
My 2021 came standard with the hex style full adaptive led headlights. Glad I saved $1200.
U.S. market? On MY2021 the hex style full adaptive LEDs are NOT standard. Either you have the $1200 exec package and don't know it, or you don't have the hex style LEDs.
Appreciate 2
Moflow2484.50
BigKutta3903.50
      12-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #140
thebiglubinsky
Private First Class
Rep

🤷*♂️
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #141
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
It's true that there is a non zero amount of people who don't want the adaptive lights.
I don't know. I'd take them if they were free, perhaps even if they were cheaper, but I really like the look of the standard rounded lights. They look really mean straight-on. Plus, I think I'd pay NOT to have the wireless charger in the center console.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Sublime001137.00
      12-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #142
thebiglubinsky
Private First Class
Rep

I think both look mean, have their own personality. You can't go wrong either way.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #143
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
U.S. market? On MY2021 the hex style full adaptive LEDs are NOT standard. Either you have the $1200 exec package and don't know it, or you don't have the hex style LEDs.
They came on some early cars for MY18 even though they didn't order the package. So who knows. They're certainly not supposed to be on cars that were not ordered with them, but it's happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #144
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Retrofitting Executive Package features after production costs nearly 10% of MSRP.

Executive Package also adds Speed Limit Info (tells you the speed limit in the cluster) and the top camera that’s required for Euro Adaptive Automatic Highbeams (full dynamic mode that allows for highbeams to be active while simultaneously redirecting light away from other traffic using “light tunnels”).

Seems like an objectively good move to choose a package that offers real safety and comfort upgrades, improves marketability on the used market, costs 1/4 the price of getting it installed after the car’s already built, and doesn’t compromise the car’s sporting nature.

For 2021, some base cars appear to be arriving with the Exec Pack Adaptive LEDs as was mentioned above. Here’s a window sticker I found - Adaptive is there in the long list of “Included”. You’ll still be missing the heated steering wheel, and it’s yet to be confirmed whether you get the good camera or the mid-level one that’s only good for USA basic adaptive lighting. Leaving off Exec in this case makes a lot more sense, as the biggest value-add is now free.
Do you have a picture of the front lights on that car? I believe my standard lights were described as adaptive full LED lights on the build sheet. My Uniden radar also displays the speed limit, so that’s redundant for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #145
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

I don't know how many people here actually looked at buying a used m2 before ordering an m2 so this idea that it's a huge selling point is just that, an idea.

I actually looked, all I cared about was service hx, color, where it was owned, mileage, tire and brake wear. The last thing on my list was the exec pack bc it's pointless (for me).

There were a bunch of cars in $55k range, some closer to $60k, that sellers are convinced are worth it at that insane price bc they've convinced themselves that these headlights and maybe PPF hold some sort of massive residual resale value, that would supplant much more relevant details about the car.

I can't speak for everyone else, but they dont lol. I got a smoking deal without the bullshit exec package, and when it comes to selling the car, I'm 100% certain I won't have an issue bc of my headlights.

I stand by not getting exec pack if you don't want it. It's NOT an unfathomable idea that some people don't give a fuck about those headlights lol. This whole resale value argument is horseshit. The car will sell for whatever the market demand is and more importantly your trade in value will absolutely not be affected by exec pack. Yes, you might get a few hundred dollars more selling privately, but the trade will be a negotiated price between your new car and the M2, nowhere in the calculus of that delta price will the exec pack command a massive value. It'll come down to how badly they want you to buy that new car and some people will get more $ for their trade without exec pack than those with it.

For the people who have it, why don't you listen to those that decided NOT to get it, and give them some credence. Things don't have to distill down to, you have to get exec pack and it's a no brainer decision.

IMO the final point should be, if you like the headlights or want a heater for your phone, then get it. Not everything has to be so binary and tribal esp about headlights lol.

And I do appreciate those people who chimed in saying they wanted it bc they live in rural areas, or need the adaptive functionality for their particular driving scenarios and I even appreciate people that say it looks cool or they like the speed limit info, so they opted for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 06:55 AM   #146
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Also, this package allows you to code back adaptive lighting like they have in Europe. Meaning, high beams will contour to incoming cars are the cars you're following. Since I had that featured enabled through BimmerCode, it is by far my favorite feature and made it completely worth it. Really transforms night driving!
      12-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #147
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3

I actually really dig the speed limit info
Appreciate 1
M2Crew220.50
      12-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #148
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Also, this package allows you to code back adaptive lighting like they have in Europe. Meaning, high beams will contour to incoming cars are the cars you're following. Since I had that featured enabled through BimmerCode, it is by far my favorite feature and made it completely worth it. Really transforms night driving!
For reals; I would certainly pass on a new or used vehicle, M2 or not, if it lacked the available adaptive feature but I guess if you don't care for it or isn't aware of what it is fully capable of, I could see why one would be nonchalance about opting for it.

However, you don't know what you're missing; it's way more than a mere physical design, as it's very useful, in real-world practice..

Side note, it seems that BMW is indeed including full adaptive lights without the Ex package, on all new '21 model year, gratis, in all US/Canada spec M2Cs; so this debate is kind of moot..

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
JCZ51482.50
Bumpinjeep5531.00
      12-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #149
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
I got a smoking deal without the bullshit exec package
Exactly; personally, I don't want to be on the other side of that.

It's no fun selling an enthusiast car to enthusiasts and sitting on it because I'm missing a critical cosmetic and functional option.

The small spectrum of options means no individual spec is especially rare. There will be other examples of your car in your exact spec with the addition of the updated headlights.

If you don't care about resale value or future marketability of your car, that's fine. But then, unless you specifically want the pre-LCI lights, $1200 up front on a $60k car shouldn't be a big deal, either.
Appreciate 2
Sublime001137.00
Bumpinjeep5531.00
      12-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #150
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
For reals; I would certainly pass on a new or used vehicle, M2 or not, if it lacked the available adaptive feature but I guess if you don't care for it or isn't aware of what it is fully capable of, I could see why one would be nonchalance about opting for it.

However, you don't know what you're missing; it's way more than a mere physical design, as it's very useful, in real-world practice..

Side note, it seems that BMW is indeed including full adaptive lights without the Ex package, on all new '21 model year, gratis, in all US/Canada spec M2Cs; so this debate is kind of moot..

Poochie - I've got to do this. My Audi Q7 has the anti-dazzle feature turned off in the US as well, and from folks that have coded it, it doesnt work well at all so I've left this alone. However, based on your posts, this works well for the M2. So, for someone who hasnt coded anything in their car, what device and app would you recommend? No looking for too fancy or crazy, just would be nice to do basic features and the anti-dazzle High beams. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #151
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I have a 2021 M2C. It was a July build. It did not come with the "gratis" full adaptive lights. I suppose that's a bummer? I always like getting something for free.

And as someone who pays cash for his cars, I was sensitive to every additional dollar on that check. So it was easier to turn down the cost. I also plan to own this car for 7+ years, so I presume any added value of the newer lights will be gone by then.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #152
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Quote:

I have a 2021 M2C. It was a July build. It did not come with the "gratis" full adaptive lights. I suppose that's a bummer? I always like getting something for free.

And as someone who pays cash for his cars, I was sensitive to every additional dollar on that check. So it was easier to turn down the cost. I also plan to own this car for 7+ years, so I presume any added value of the newer lights will be gone by then.
I have your same philosophy of not financing and keeping the car for the long-term. And actually, it was more reason for me to get the adaptive LEDs. Because I want superior lighting that will not be dated in 5 years. And also unlocking the "adaptive" functions via BimmerCode just brings it to the next level. No car in the US have that feature activated, natively, so talk about it being cutting edge for awhile
      12-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #153
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Quote:

No doubt, I understand; it's your money and car, you pick and choose as you like, without any judgment.

All I'm saying is I just would not give up the opportunity to have it added for a mere $1,200, when they cost over $5,000+ to retrofit them, after the fact..

Once coded, I personally know what they are capable of accomplishing, so to me, what they're asking for them are peanuts, in comparison to what you get for the money, in my humble opinion..

As far as the cost, I couldn't find a '21 model year with the standard LEDs, not to mention the previous member confirmed the window sticker, with no cost added.

So by process of elimination, I assumed that the Adaptive headlights are now a standard feature for the M2C.

It's probably one of those case by case confusing basis, like when they now came out in 2017:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22216370

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22216661
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #154
keylime503
Major
Rep

So a non exec pack 2021 M2C may or may not come with gratis upgraded headlights. That kind of sucks from someone who ordered the exec pack on his 2021 *only* for the headlights .
Appreciate 0