BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > N55 M2 - CS or GTS Coding or XHP?

03-28-2024, 01:08 PM   #1
varooshgog
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

N55 M2 - CS or GTS Coding or XHP?

Hey Folks,

Currently using an M2 with full bolt-ons (no tune) and have it flashed with the CS parameters for DCT, Steering, and Diff. I know most people like this tune, and its frankly pretty good, but it leaves a lot to be desired for the transmission. It seems pretty meh in terms of shifting aggressiveness while in auto-mode (tries to go to 7th gear ASAP even in Sport+ mode), but the steering and diff parameters feel pretty good.

I know some folks have recommended the GTS coding for the transmission (since it apparently solves the problem I mentioned), but unsure how it would impact steering feel/weight or diff. Anyone have any insight to share on the difference between these two?

I've also toyed around with going with Xhp for their DCT transmission flash, but that is significantly more expensive and I likely wouldn't yield much benefit from it since I'm not pushing more power through the transmission.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 06:49 AM   #2
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

From what I've read, both the CS and GTS are no good for the N55 M2. I decided to try XHP and it's fantastic. You can customise different settings for each of the different drive modes, and so for me I made the shifting in Comfort faster which I find a great improvement for daily driving.

They seem to do a Black Friday sale every year.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 05:18 PM   #3
varooshgog
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
From what I've read, both the CS and GTS are no good for the N55 M2. I decided to try XHP and it's fantastic. You can customise different settings for each of the different drive modes, and so for me I made the shifting in Comfort faster which I find a great improvement for daily driving.

They seem to do a Black Friday sale every year.
Gotcha, has the 1st gear takeoff been improved with XHP? That is the biggest drawback I'm noticing so far, and hopefully what XHP can solve for in all modes.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 05:34 AM   #4
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

From what I recall on the coding the DCT for GTS/CS are all designed to work best with the S55 motor characteristics so on the OG M2 it wasn't a great match and the aftermarket tunes were really the only option.

I did the steering/MDM things but just simply left the factory DCT software for that reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 06:16 AM   #5
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by varooshgog View Post
Gotcha, has the 1st gear takeoff been improved with XHP? That is the biggest drawback I'm noticing so far, and hopefully what XHP can solve for in all modes.
What exactly is wrong with 1st?

Prior to flashing, I used to have an issue where 1st would be a bit jerky/bunny hop first thing in the morning which is now gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 10:17 AM   #6
varooshgog
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

atlas

Yep, just a clunky 1st gear in all modes (mainly drive in Sport and Sport+).

I'm guessing the transmission is trying to guess whether it wants to stay in first or shift into second, and makes it feel jerky and rough when doing slower maneuvers in a parking lot or in stop-and-go.

Kind of sucks, but may end up moving to XHP and giving that a go to resolve that.

I was considering flashing to the GTS Steering, Diff, and DCT flash to hopefully fix it, but doesn't seem like it would fix the problem.
Appreciate 0