BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > According to my dealer "M2 Competition will officially be called M2 CS"

02-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #89
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

People use TT's and Caymans much more as weekend cars, whereas 2-series and A3 (S3/RS3) are used as daily drivers more often. Just because the TT/Cayman have 2 doors does not mean they are more similar in the way they compete with the 2-series and utilized day-to-day. (IE. M4 is more similar to M3, than a Cayman or TT - even though amount of doors is different between M4/M3.)

Here's another way to look at it:

2-Series base MSRP: $35k
A3 base MSRP: $32K

TT base MSRP: $44k

Also, not to be rude but your anecdote about your friend doesn't really prove much and the 1LE isn't even close to the ZL1 1LE in terms of performance.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #90
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
People use TT's and Caymans much more as weekend cars, whereas 2-series and A3 (S3/RS3) are used as daily drivers more often. Just because the TT/Cayman have 2 doors does not mean they are more similar in the way they compete with the 2-series and utilized day-to-day. (IE. M4 is more similar to M3, than a Cayman or TT - even though amount of doors is different between M4/M3.)

Here's another way to look at it:

2-Series base MSRP: $35k
A3 base MSRP: $32K

TT base MSRP: $44k

Also, not to be rude but your anecdote about your friend doesn't really prove much and the 1LE isn't even close to the ZL1 1LE in terms of performance.
The ZL1 LE is a 2018 model and wasn't available 3-4 years ago. I couldn't even tell you what camaro model it was my friend had but it was one that had no trunk liner and no trunk insulation and it was a helluva performance bargain at the time. If you know which model that is perhaps that helps.

I don't think nor did I try and say that my anecdote " proves much "... because I am aware that this is a single data point. My friend has owned 10 to 12 BMWs from E36 318ti, E39 and E60 5 series all the way to the F80 M3 that he traded in for the Camaro. He has also owned a highly modified Subaru. It's MY OPINION that a lifelong BMW owner generally isn't going to have their imagination captured by an American car for an extended period of time and it turned out to be the case for my friend. Eventually.. daily practicality.. daily comfort.. as well as the higher quality fit and finish usually win out. As always.. YMMV- Your Mileage May Vary.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-28-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0