BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS delivery - Mexico (BSM - 6MT - M-CCB - GLD 763M - PSS) - With first impressions

07-09-2020, 12:50 AM   #133
HELROTM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1995 e36 M3

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 01:17 AM   #134
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
Some more cool pics taken by the missus. I hope you enjoy them.
Take care!

Knight Rider's Kitt ...2020 !

Thanks for the additional pictures. Added those to the first post of this thread.

Care to take pictures looking from outside inside the M2 CS CF hood air vent + showing the inside part of the M2 CS hood (showing the CF) ? It's one of the M2 CS design highlight features.
ki__409.00
      07-09-2020, 03:08 AM   #135
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

That's cute; the "Door Open" warning is labeled in Spanish but "Sport/Efficient" on the cluster is in English..

Not sure if that's an oversight or the result of cost-cutting - I'm betting the latter..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #136
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
So is the plastic trim just missing in your original pic? It seems like its a hole in the console there, no? Is that from the BMW Configurator too? The CF looks unpolished in those pics
See the earlier post (also the Merino Leather of the M2 CS seats is not properly represented - looks still Dakota in the configurator):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
M2 CS - interior - rear (configurator):
      07-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #137
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Looks great. Congrats, and enjoy in good health!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #138
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Absolutely gorgeous car with words to match.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #139
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Take care!
One word: gorgeous...!
And absolutely high level pictures
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #140
Orjan
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 1994 Alpina B3 3.0

Stunning car and stunning pics! And the black/gold combo is amazing!
      07-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #141
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

I wasn't expecting to like the black / gold combo so much...

now contemplating whether to upgrade my M2C wheels to the frozen gold...the $ factor makes is a likely "no" 😬
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #142
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Black Sapphire on gold wheels looks phenomenal! How would you compare Adaptive M Suspension on your M2CS to stock suspension on an OG M2? And how does it compare to your M4GTS suspension?
      07-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #143
Tigeroujimo
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M M4GTS M2CS M3CS '89 325iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's cute; the "Door Open" warning is labeled in Spanish but "Sport/Efficient" on the cluster is in English..

Not sure if that's an oversight or the result of cost-cutting - I'm betting the latter..
From what I have seen, alerts and safety warnings have always been displayed in Spanish while common settings and a few other labels like the "start/stop" function have always been presented in English. Like all bimmers, language on the media console is configurable though and with the exception of a few common terms, everything will be displayed in the selected language.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00
clee1982797.50
      07-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #144
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
From what I have seen, alerts and safety warnings have always been displayed in Spanish while common settings and a few other labels like the "start/stop" function have always been presented in English. Like all bimmers, language on the media console is configurable though and with the exception of a few common terms, everything will be displayed in the selected language.
Poochie, they got to draw the line somewhere.

Otherwise the BMW logo should also be changed to "BEF" ("Bavarian Engines Factory").

"Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili Torino" (FIAT) should be "IFTV" (Italian Factory of Turin Vehicles).

And "Audi (alteram partem)" (Audi) should be "Listen (to the other side)".

Of course, as expected - just like "Poochie" would remain "Poochie" - "Porsche" would remain "Porsche" (or maybe "TINS" - "There Is No Substitute").
clee1982797.50
///AVM2528.00
      07-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #145
BrooklynG87
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s REX  [10.00]
2021 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
2018 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Compet ...  [10.00]
1999 BMW M3  [10.00]
Absolutely Stunning! Wow such an incredible car. Congrats with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #146
Dr. Devilcars
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Black Shadow F87

Quote:
Take care!
A had the opportunity to follow that M2 CS last Saturday. The way it looks while driving!!!!!

I'm considering buying the rear spoiler for my car.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #147
Tigeroujimo
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M M4GTS M2CS M3CS '89 325iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato2084 View Post
Black Sapphire on gold wheels looks phenomenal! How would you compare Adaptive M Suspension on your M2CS to stock suspension on an OG M2? And how does it compare to your M4GTS suspension?
Perhaps it is too early to make a proper comparison between the OG M2 and the CS' suspension Kuato. The OG was and still is a great car. It turns in, holds its line and likes to misbehave on its way out without ever showing disrespect for its owner. It's naughty in such a subtle and elegant way; it's exemplary. Definitely a well balanced fine piece of engineering. Initially, the CS feels more responsive and planted to the ground however we must remember that there are many contributing factors in addition to the electronic damper controls (EDC); the fact that the carbon fiber roof is now a structural part of the bodywork and is much lighter thus lowering the car's center of gravity is a biggie. The CS conveys confidence in a way second to none. It is as though it was built to please its owner. Dogs all over the world must be worried. My first impression is of a more responsive car on turn in and a much stable one mid corner to exit. This comes at a price though as the moment the thing snaps, it won't do so with the ballet-like elegance and cleverness of its younger mate. This still to be confirmed.

Suspension wise, it is hard for me to directly compare the M2s to the GTS as this last car was built solely while the Bavarian engineers dreamt of a Nurburgring Nordschleife record time. The M4 GTS came equipped with manually three-way adjustable coil-over dampers from the factory. Heck it even has front uprights machined from a solid chunk of billet aluminum. This is a hardcore track car and the track is where my car has spent most of its life. The feel is very different to that of a street or even street/track car; it is plainly raw. You can make out every bump on an uneven surface with mathematical precision; the feedback you get from the chassis is precise. The steering is found to be somewhat light however we will leave that discussion for some other time. Proper suspension set up requires knowledge and is not something that can be achieved after just a few laps around the track; it takes time and an engineering degree however once taken care off, the car becomes a challenge for any competition out there. Aftermarket camber plates are a must. When put through its paces, the car must be handled like a front engined coupe; if you mistreat it on turn in, it will understeer however when treated as it likes to be it becomes a blast. Trailbraking helps the car rotate. Once you have the back of the car on your side, precise throttle application helps you navigate through the mid turn and on to the fun part; turn exit. Depending on whether you want to achieve a lap time or want to impress the crowd, you either modulate or put the pedal to the metal. Interesting lap times can be achieved on this beast. Short tracks are its preferred battle grounds; that is were the GTS shines given its suspension characteristics and geometry and where it turns into Porsche enthusiasts worst nightmare. They will all be scratching their hollow heads after the meet.

Stay safe!
Appreciate 5
Poochie9103.00
Igor_M52134.00
Davil6467.50
VCP1390.00
      07-09-2020, 11:54 AM   #148
beezyM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Frozen gold ftw

Name:  01594313648.jpeg
Views: 1035
Size:  734.4 KB
Poochie9103.00
F87EVO4026.50
      07-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #149
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Poochie, they got to draw the line somewhere.

Otherwise the BMW logo should also be changed to "BEF" ("Bavarian Engines Factory").

"Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili Torino" (FIAT) should be "IFTV" (Italian Factory of Turin Vehicles).

And "Audi (alteram partem)" (Audi) should be "Listen (to the other side)".

Of course, as expected - just like "Poochie" would remain "Poochie" - "Porsche" would remain "Porsche" (or maybe "TINS" - "There Is No Substitute").
I know, I'm just busting their balls; I get that English is like the de facto world language.. It keeps things simple, that was just a random detail I'd recognized, on the cluster because I'm a nerd like that.

Just like I recently learned that the US currency is used throughout the world, more than any other bill because it's the most recognized and trusted of any.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #150
iamcoy
Rep
Drives: 335 i coupe hard top convert

That car looks amazing congratulations! I love the black and gold!
      07-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #151
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Quote:
My first impression is of a more responsive car on turn in and a much stable one mid corner to exit.
Thanks for such a descriptive response, very interesting stuff! And you too, stay safe out there. -Patrick
      07-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #152
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Perhaps it is too early to make a proper comparison between the OG M2 and the CS' suspension Kuato. The OG was and still is a great car. It turns in, holds its line and likes to misbehave on its way out without ever showing disrespect for its owner. It's naughty in such a subtle and elegant way; it's exemplary. Definitely a well balanced fine piece of engineering. Initially, the CS feels more responsive and planted to the ground however we must remember that there are many contributing factors in addition to the electronic damper controls (EDC); the fact that the carbon fiber roof is now a structural part of the bodywork and is much lighter thus lowering the car's center of gravity is a biggie. The CS conveys confidence in a way second to none. It is as though it was built to please its owner. Dogs all over the world must be worried. My first impression is of a more responsive car on turn in and a much stable one mid corner to exit. This comes at a price though as the moment the thing snaps, it won't do so with the ballet-like elegance and cleverness of its younger mate. This still to be confirmed.

Suspension wise, it is hard for me to directly compare the M2s to the GTS as this last car was built solely while the Bavarian engineers dreamt of a Nurburgring Nordschleife record time. The M4 GTS came equipped with manually three-way adjustable coil-over dampers from the factory. Heck it even has front uprights machined from a solid chunk of billet aluminum. This is a hardcore track car and the track is where my car has spent most of its life. The feel is very different to that of a street or even street/track car; it is plainly raw. You can make out every bump on an uneven surface with mathematical precision; the feedback you get from the chassis is precise. The steering is found to be somewhat light however we will leave that discussion for some other time. Proper suspension set up requires knowledge and is not something that can be achieved after just a few laps around the track; it takes time and an engineering degree however once taken care off, the car becomes a challenge for any competition out there. Aftermarket camber plates are a must. When put through its paces, the car must be handled like a front engined coupe; if you mistreat it on turn in, it will understeer however when treated as it likes to be it becomes a blast. Trailbraking helps the car rotate. Once you have the back of the car on your side, precise throttle application helps you navigate through the mid turn and on to the fun part; turn exit. Depending on whether you want to achieve a lap time or want to impress the crowd, you either modulate or put the pedal to the metal. Interesting lap times can be achieved on this beast. Short tracks are its preferred battle grounds; that is were the GTS shines given its suspension characteristics and geometry and where it turns into Porsche enthusiasts worst nightmare. They will all be scratching their hollow heads after the meet.

Stay safe!
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2020, 06:41 AM   #153
Emme2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats! But allow me to share my opinion too...

The CS is definitely unique and my choice if it there were available before Competition, however, the end specs do not make it worth the price nor can it be said it is as collectable as an M3 CSL (the standard CS is not much lighter than the Competition if at all) or M4 GTS (the CS engine hardware is the same as the Competition... it's just an engine retune with the same 550Nm of torque).

Dynamically, this is effectively a short wheelbase M4 Competition and if you've driven the big brother, you'll find the adaptive suspension will make it more stable on rough roads or circuit kerbs, but that's it. Its wheels are an existing design and you can add stickier tyres to any car. For a car seeking hero status, it would have needed to be more analogue and yet here they've added adaptive dampers with associated weight penalty and future electronic complexity.

Can't comment on the optional carbon ceramic brakes that do make the CS lighter, but they also make it as expensive as a more capable Porsche for the same price.

Also, I agree upgrading an OG M2 to a Competition would not be worth it, but it's silly seeing OG M2 asking for comparisons. The Competition already was a superior car and the CS is closer to it than the OG (starting from the M2C and CS suspension and engine components lifted from the F80/82 M models).

Finally, check out the track-only M2 CS Racing. It's actually closer to the Competition than the road CS. It really only shares the carbon roof and, otherwise, it has the same steel Competition hood and non-adaptive suspension. The brakes too are steel. Meaning that the CS is more marketing than collectable, unfortunately (just like an M3/M4 CS).

Last edited by Emme2; 07-11-2020 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8714.50
///AVM2528.00
      07-11-2020, 09:20 AM   #154
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

We should beat this horse again.
Appreciate 4
cptobvious2531.50