BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS USA allocation: anyone ?

07-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #111
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

No need for anyone to state they don't have an allocation. . . for two months I've offered one sitting unclaimed at MSRP - and likely a few points off - and not a sniff of interest.

I'm pretty certain my local dealership is not alone in its unclaimed M2CS allocation. Interestingly, the M2C appears to keep flying off the shelves.

Dave, you have quite eccentric list of considerations. M2CS vs Tesla vs SUV . . . 🤣

///AVM
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #112
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
No need for anyone to state they don't have an allocation. . . for two months I've offered one sitting unclaimed at MSRP - and likely a few points off - and not a sniff of interest.

I'm pretty certain my local dealership is not alone in its unclaimed M2CS allocation. Interestingly, the M2C appears to keep flying off the shelves.

Dave, you have quite eccentric list of considerations. M2CS vs Tesla vs SUV . . . 🤣

///ABM
I'm pretty sure that using the Tesla Whoopi cushion on the wife would never get old for the kids and I no matter how numb the driving experience. I must stick to one car because it would really take. At least 3 to keep me fully entertained.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #113
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:

///ABM
I'm pretty sure that using the Tesla Whoopi cushion on the wife would never get old for the kids and I no matter how numb the driving experience. I must stick to one car because it would really take. At least 3 to keep me fully entertained.
Dave

Not to complicate the matter. . . but the G87 M2/M2C looks like it is going to be a sweet-ass ride. Just say'n 🤣

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #114
gx470
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BSM

Quote:

///AVM
Let me know if anyone is interested in a brand new Sunset Orange M2C 6MT!! My super dealer in Lousiana has one available!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #115
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Dave

Not to complicate the matter. . . but the G87 M2/M2C looks like it is going to be a sweet-ass ride. Just say'n 🤣

///AVM
You're right the G87 M2 and M2C should be awesome but that is not coming until 2023. The lack of DCT is somewhat disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:34 PM   #116
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
Dave

///AVM
You're right the G87 M2 and M2C should be awesome but that is not coming until 2023. The lack of DCT is somewhat disappointing.
Wow!!!!!! What???!!!! No DCT?

///AVM

Edit: I am not being sarcastic. . . I must have missed something? Seriously, no DCT in G87?
Appreciate 1
Hegge880.00
      07-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #117
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dave

///AVM
Then it'll be too refined and I might as well get a 911.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #118
RPM33
Captain
Rep

Quote:

///AVM

Edit: I am not being sarcastic. . . I must have missed something? Seriously, no DCT in G87?
Yes seriously. It has been mentioned that the M2 CS is the last DCT car for BMW. With the M8, M5, and now G Series M3/M4 all having standard ZF8 automatic transmission, the G87 M2 is expected to follow suit and not have a DCT.
Appreciate 1
Hegge880.00
      07-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #119
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dave

Well, as the Porsche fanboy carrying step-child status on Bimmerpost, I cannot discourage you from 911 considerations. I am not about to say anything stupid about the 911 because they are incredible sport cars, refinement and all. Still, the driver in me remains devout when it comes to the 718 CGTS. Now, back to BMW . . .

For all the lighthearted banter we have shared, I wonder if you have given consideration to saying, 'f*ck it, I am going to just get an M2C?'

No value in rehashing the whole M2C vs M2CS debate. One simple fact remains true, the M2C is a sh*tload of fun and you could take ownership of one tomorrow if you wanted . . . save yourself enough to get all the CF bits and wheel/tire options your heart desires and still have significant leftover.

I am ONLY throwing this out there because I have had an absolute blast with my M2C, and know you would as well.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #120
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Yes seriously. It has been mentioned that the M2 CS is the last DCT car for BMW. With the M8, M5, and now G Series M3/M4 all having standard ZF8 automatic transmission, the G87 M2 is expected to follow suit and not have a DCT.
RPM

Hearing this really pisses me off . . . please give me a moment to digest.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Hegge880.00
      07-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #121
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:

Well, as the Porsche fanboy carrying step-child status on Bimmerpost, I cannot discourage you from 911 considerations
Everybody shoots for a Porsche because they feel like it's the pinnacle of a modern sports cars offerings but as ground-breaking and high-tech as they are, they are no longer the plateau of automotive engineering.. A lot of automobiles out there can match or beat their performance, for sometimes half the comparable price tag..

I feel (and hope) that aside for the obligatory added dimensions and a potential butterface, the next gen M2 is going to be one wild ride - for its sub-60k MSRP, in comparison to a 911.

Not to mention, the potentially last of the manual transmissions.. I can't wait to see what they bring to the table..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      07-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #122
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Everybody shoots for a Porsche, as they it's the pinnacle of a modern sports cars offerings but as ground-breaking and high-tech as they are, they are no longer the plateau of automotive engineering.. A lot of automobile out there can match or beat their performance, for sometimes half the comparable price tag..

I feel (and hope) that aside for the obligatory added dimensions and a potential butterface, the next gen M2 is going to be one wild ride - for its sub-60k MSRP, in comparison to a 911.

No to mention, the potentially the last manual transmissions.. I can't wait to see what they bring to the table..
I would expect a base price increase for the G87 M2 so it will probably be more than $60K. But yes, I see your point as the M2 is a good car that allows buyers to save thousands of dollars compared to a 911. I'm sure someone can have just as much fun in an M2 as a 911.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      07-22-2020, 03:19 PM   #123
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dave

Well, as the Porsche fanboy carrying step-child status on Bimmerpost, I cannot discourage you from 911 considerations. I am not about to say anything stupid about the 911 because they are incredible sport cars, refinement and all. Still, the driver in me remains devout when it comes to the 718 CGTS. Now, back to BMW . . .

For all the lighthearted banter we have shared, I wonder if you have given consideration to saying, 'f*ck it, I am going to just get an M2C?'

No value in rehashing the whole M2C vs M2CS debate. One simple fact remains true, the M2C is a sh*tload of fun and you could take ownership of one tomorrow if you wanted . . . save yourself enough to get all the CF bits and wheel/tire options your heart desires and still have significant leftover.

I am ONLY throwing this out there because I have had an absolute blast with my M2C, and know you would as well.

///AVM
Yes, one just went up for sale in Raleigh with what looks to be under 1k miles. 2020, black, aftermarket gold/bronze wheels. $57k.

I don't like the interior on the M2/M2C. The CS upgrades it just enough that it doesn't turn me off. I also wouldn't end up modding the M2C with goodies because I'd find "better" ways to spend my money. Im not good at rewarding myself if it's not all in one shot.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      07-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #124
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:

///AVM

October 2019:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Transmission? Is DCT dead?
I believe to have understood that we won't see M-DCT again in the G87 (next gen M2). ZF8 is bound to replace it.
November 2019:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BMW M boss Flash confirmed last Summer - in a general way about BMW M cars - that currently no plans exist to discontinue the manual gearbox (see for example here). However, almost certainly we won't see the M-DCT on the next generation M2 (G87). The M-DCT is on its way out.
      07-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #125
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

At least a ZF8 is a real automatic.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #126
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If BMW wanted to truly "go after" the 911 I believe they could. Im not really sure I understand their target high end market, but they seem to cater to them. Or they're a little lost.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #127
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
. . . I'm sure someone can have just as much fun in an M2 as a 911.
Hegge

Absolutely! No doubt about it.

My GTS and M2C could not be any different . . . yet, they are both a blast to drive.

No doubt they same is true between the M2C and 911.

I really do not want to turn this into Porsche vs BMW bullshit again.

Dave suggested he might look into a 911. Awesome! Cannot imagine owning a 911 and being disappointed.

However, I was suggesting Dave could get as much enjoyment out of the M2C as he could the M2CS. I will state emphatically that the M2C has lived up to my expectations, and then some.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #128
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hegge

Absolutely! No doubt about it.

My GTS and M2C could not be any different . . . yet, they are both a blast to drive.

No doubt they same is true between the M2C and 911.

I really do not want to turn this into Porsche vs BMW bullshit again.

Dave suggested he might look into a 911. Awesome! Cannot imagine owning a 911 and being disappointed.

However, I was suggesting Dave could get as much enjoyment out of the M2C as he could the M2CS. I will state emphatically that the M2C has lived up to my expectations, and then some.

///AVM
I think there is like doubt about the M2C = CS for enjoyment. My guess is that day to day it would be tough to perceive any difference. Especially without driving both back to back. It's the shallow intangibles of the CS that will bring extra enjoyment. And the interior
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #129
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, one just went up for sale in Raleigh with what looks to be under 1k miles. 2020, black, aftermarket gold/bronze wheels. $57k.

I don't like the interior on the M2/M2C. The CS upgrades it just enough that it doesn't turn me off. I also wouldn't end up modding the M2C with goodies because I'd find "better" ways to spend my money. Im not good at rewarding myself if it's not all in one shot.
Dave

The M2C does not need any 'upgrades' or mods. It is about fun, which comes standard out of the box. I think enthusiasts just like to tinker and are always looking for something to 'do' to their cars.

Black, gold wheels, $1K miles and $57K (asking price). . . sounds like it was built for you

Since I am sharing my perspective on M2C ownership, the interior is perfectly adequate. Could it have more? Sure. But it does have everything you need. Honestly, again, it is all about fun . . . which comes in spades.

Anyway, do not want to overextend myself in trying to convince you what is right for you. I will simply state I KNOW you would love the hell out of an M2C if you should decide to go down that path.

///AVM

Edit: Dave, you squeezed your post in before I could hit the 'submit' button
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 06:15 PM   #130
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Getting back to BMW's plan to discontinue DCT . . . this really pisses me off.

I enjoy DCT manual mode for the engagement and performance advantages.

On the other hand . . . I must admit, I have explored driving in automatic mode (Sport and Sport Plus), and they are really quite impressive.

I am assuming that ZF8 equates to driving in DCT automatic mode with Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus options? If that is the case, I am more willing to go the ZF8 route than back to a MT.

Now, before I start setting my mind to fact that the G87 M2/M2C will not have DCT, is there an official statement from BMW that is definitive?

Artemis, your reference does suggest DCT is on its way out, but it does not state definitively whether this will be the case with the G87.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #131
RPM33
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Getting back to BMW's plan to discontinue DCT . . . this really pisses me off.

I enjoy DCT manual mode for the engagement and performance advantages.

On the other hand . . . I must admit, I have explored driving in automatic mode (Sport and Sport Plus), and they are really quite impressive.

I am assuming that ZF8 equates to driving in DCT automatic mode with Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus options? If that is the case, I am more willing to go the ZF8 route than back to a MT.

Now, before I start setting my mind to fact that the G87 M2/M2C will not have DCT, is there an official statement from BMW that is definitive?

Artemis, your reference does suggest DCT is on its way out, but it does not state definitively whether this will be the case with the G87.

///AVM
For the confirmation of no DCT in G87 M2, you will probably have to wait for interior spy photos which may be another year away. I'm not happy of no DCT either, as it separates the M models from non-M models.
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
Hegge880.00
      07-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #132
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Ok, I am going to extend this DCT topic a bit . . .

WHY is BMW bagging the DCT?

Is ZF8 basically DCT automatic mode . . . eliminating manual mode option (shifter/paddle shifting options)?

///AVM
Appreciate 0