BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > As a person who is having a M2 delivered soon and just hearing about the M2 CS VINs..

09-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #45
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
And you get the sweetest sounding exhaust of any current BMW model.One thing for sure is that the S55 in the M2 CS definitely isn't going to sound as good as the exhaust in the current M2.
If there is one thing we know for sure is that no one likes the S55 sound. Who is to say that they won't REALLY focus on it and improve it for the M2CS???
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #46
S1monQc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
If there is one thing we know for sure is that no one likes the S55 sound. Who is to say that they won't REALLY focus on it and improve it for the M2CS???
They tried for 3 years with the M3/M4.... Still underwhelming
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #47
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
You'll be pissed.
My views have changed dramatically in the past 24 hours as the realization has set in. I posted my new thoughts in all the other threads about the Comp M2 version and how things will most likely pan out for it.

It'll be a good 2 years from today before anyone gets to sit in a new M2 Comp they bought at MSRP. First year will probably be all marked up or you will be on a long wait list. My guess is end of MY2020/early MY2021 will be when the market for the M2 comp mirrors the market today for the MY18 LCI. The hype for the S55 M2 will be far greater than the N55 and the market will reflect that.

Thats a long time from now and I'll enjoy my N55 until then. When the S55 M2 gets to where I can place an order at MSRP without waiting on a list I'll reasses my situation, but most likely by that time I will be looking at a P-car.
Appreciate 1
jjclyde125.50
      09-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #48
StephGOD
KYHOMPB
United_States
Rep
Drives: Only BMW's Ja

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
2017 M3 Comp  [0.00]
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
My views have changed dramatically in the past 24 hours as the realization has set in. I posted my new thoughts in all the other threads about the Comp M2 version and how things will most likely pan out for it.

It'll be a good 2 years from today before anyone gets to sit in a new M2 Comp they bought at MSRP. First year will probably be all marked up or you will be on a long wait list. My guess is end of MY2020/early MY2021 will be when the market for the M2 comp mirrors the market today for the MY18 LCI. The hype for the S55 M2 will be far greater than the N55 and the market will reflect that.

Thats a long time from now and I'll enjoy my N55 until then. When the S55 M2 gets to where I can place an order at MSRP without waiting on a list I'll reasses my situation, but most likely by that time I will be looking at a P-car.
A lot of us have been on multiple CS wait lists for over a year now and believe it or not but dealerships that have internal sale policies that prevent them from marking up any BMW they sell do exist. Point being some of us will be driving our new M2 Comp, that we bought @ MSRP by this time next year, that's a fact.
Appreciate 1
Nkc1600.50
      09-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #49
importriders
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephGOD View Post
A lot of us have been on multiple CS wait lists for over a year now and believe it or not but dealerships that have internal sale policies that prevent them from marking up any BMW they sell do exist. Point being some of us will be driving our new M2 Comp, that we bought @ MSRP by this time next year, that's a fact.
I am not doubting that. But I would bet you are a small group. It will be interesting to see how many dealers stick to their word. Also, "a lot" is a very relative term when talking about M2's, and even more so when talking M2 Comp. I have only seen 2 M2's in San Diego since its release.

Last edited by importriders; 09-29-2017 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:18 PM   #50
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
WHERE DO YOU FALL ON THIS TIMELINE FOR BUYING AN M2?
  • Start hearing rumors about M2
  • Wait 2 years for M2 to start production
  • Order M2
  • Cancel Order for M2 due to rumor about M2 LCI
  • Order M2 LCI
  • Cancel Order for M2 LCI due to rumor about M2 CS
  • Order M2 CS
  • Cancel Order for M2 CS due to rumor about all-new M2
  • Die of old age
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #51
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephGOD View Post
The dealer agreement (if they even care to recognize it) guarantees you an opportunity to buy a M2 Comp at MSRP. But it doesn't guarantee which allocation they will give you or if you'll get one at all. Your CA/SA can tell you you're #1 or #2 on the list but at the end of the day it's the GM/GSM who are the keepers of the list. They are the ones who can guarantee you MSRP. They are the ones that determine who gets the allocation. I made sure to have the GM and GSM sign off on my MSRP M2 LCI allocation, did you for the CS?

One of my good friends is a GSM at a Ferrari dealership. Since I'm not Ferrari material (just yet) he referred me to his 'friend' at the BMW dealership who promised to take care of me. This 'friend' then proceeded to try and markup my MF on a M3 Comp Lease.

I do not trust any dealerships. Period.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #52
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Why?

The end of production for the current M2 is supposed to be June 2018.
Because it'll likely either be totally discontinued in favour of the CS/Competition or replaced with the superior B58.

There's a lot of sarcasm and insults in this thread. If you don't think a mid-cycle change from an older, defunct N55 to modern B58 with significantly higher tuning headroom is somehow an insignificant change, you're being straight up ignorant. We aren't talking S50->S52 here. We are talking a massive step change in architecture, cooling, tuning potential, power and torque, etc. No more need for overboost, etc. The fact that we get a motor change ONE model year after an LCI is both surprising and bad for depreciation. If you made an educated guess, you'd say the N55 would go to end of the base F87 as this noise about the emissions certification isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be (EJ257 anyone?)
      09-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #53
TampaF87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I am not doubting that. But I would bet you are a small group. It will be interesting to see how many dealers stick to their word. Also, "a lot" is a very relative term when talking about M2's, and even more so when talking M2 Comp. I have only seen 2 M2's in San Diego since its release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
The dealer agreement (if they even care to recognize it) guarantees you an opportunity to buy a M2 Comp at MSRP. But it doesn't guarantee which allocation they will give you or if you'll get one at all. Your CA/SA can tell you you're #1 or #2 on the list but at the end of the day it's the GM/GSM who are the keepers of the list. They are the ones who can guarantee you MSRP. They are the ones that determine who gets the allocation. I made sure to have the GM and GSM sign off on my MSRP M2 LCI allocation, did you for the CS?

One of my good friends is a GSM at a Ferrari dealership. Since I'm not Ferrari material (just yet) he referred me to his 'friend' at the BMW dealership who promised to take care of me. This 'friend' then proceeded to try and markup my MF on a M3 Comp Lease.

I do not trust any dealerships. Period.
I've had plenty of experience with my local Euro dealership. I got my allocation for my M2 at MSRP, and know countless others who have purchased everything from base Audi A3's to limited edition Porsche's, ect. They never charge a markup, as per internal policy. Now, I have other gripes with them, but I am fully confident that they will not charge a markup, and they are a relatively high volume dealership for the upper end of the market considering the affluent areas adjacent.

I understand this isn't representative of every dealership, and probably not even common, but it does happen. I had numerous calls with other dealerships before getting an allocation for my M2, and they all wanted to charge a fee above MSRP just for the allocation. I wasn't even ready to pull the trigger on the car (another 6-8 months) but decided to do it after my experiences with the other dealerships and the fear that I would end up waiting quite a long time if I passed it up. Ordered Aug 3rd, take delivery ~Oct. 10th of a LCI LBB 6MT
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      09-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #54
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

by then there won't be any S55 M2s left. so yes you will be looking at a P-car anyhow.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      09-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #55
importriders
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Because it'll likely either be totally discontinued in favour of the CS/Competition or replaced with the superior B58.

There's a lot of sarcasm and insults in this thread. If you don't think a mid-cycle change from an older, defunct N55 to modern B58 with significantly higher tuning headroom is somehow an insignificant change, you're being straight up ignorant. We aren't talking S50->S52 here. We are talking a massive step change in architecture, cooling, tuning potential, power and torque, etc. No more need for overboost, etc. The fact that we get a motor change ONE model year after an LCI is both surprising and bad for depreciation. If you made an educated guess, you'd say the N55 would go to end of the base F87 as this noise about the emissions certification isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be (EJ257 anyone?)
I was also wondering why this hasnt been discussed. I would think the next logical step would be a B58 M2 as the base, but nobody seems to think thats going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #56
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
I was also wondering why this hasnt been discussed. I would think the next logical step would be a B58 M2 as the base, but nobody seems to think thats going to happen.
It doesn't appear that they are testing a b58 car out in the wild, so that's why people don't think that will happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #57
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Lol these threads are always entertaining. People who have the car will always say the new ones suck or have more cons than pros, and those who are waiting will justify why they're waiting.

At the end of the day, CS will be a fantastic car. It will cost more than the current M2 by at least 10-15k. The current M2 is a low margin car, adding S55 (conservatively $5-8k more than N55) and all the other expected add ons (brakes, seats, colors, development, cs markup) isn't free. For everyone with an M2 already, awesome, you get a great car for 15-25% less $$$ than the CS and you get it now. And if a tuned version of the new B58 makes it into the M2 base, great. It's a fantastic motor and a new direction with more potential. At the same time, N55 has been around a while and you know exactly what youre getting with it. No unknowns for reliability, etc. Who knows what other cars will be released over the next 4-5 years that will be amazing as well.

There will always be something better in the pipeline.
Appreciate 3
devo755.00
S1monQc223.50
      09-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #58
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimma View Post
Lol these threads are always entertaining. People who have the car will always say the new ones suck or have more cons than pros, and those who are waiting will justify why they're waiting.

At the end of the day, CS will be a fantastic car. It will cost more than the current M2 by at least 10-15k. The current M2 is a low margin car, adding S55 (conservatively $5-8k more than N55) and all the other expected add ons (brakes, seats, colors, development, cs markup) isn't free. For everyone with an M2 already, awesome, you get a great car for 15-25% less $$$ than the CS and you get it now. And if a tuned version of the new B58 makes it into the M2 base, great. It's a fantastic motor and a new direction with more potential. At the same time, N55 has been around a while and you know exactly what youre getting with it. No unknowns for reliability, etc. Who knows what other cars will be released over the next 4-5 years that will be amazing as well.

There will always be something better in the pipeline.
This ^^^
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #59
strato58
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Just enjoy whatever M2 you have or will be getting. Great cars become "classics" with age and whatever powertrain they had in that particular time frame. You'd never have "classics" if you always had to have the newest, fastest and current best. Relax, enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #60
importriders
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimma View Post
Don't recall anyone saying the CS/comp will suck...well other than the exhaust note but that's been talked about ever since the M2 first came out (M2 vs. M4 exhaust).

The M2 with just an S55 alone and no other upgrades will be a beast and will kill the base M4. Don't think anyone is denying that fact.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #61
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't recall anyone saying the CS/comp will suck...well other than the exhaust note but that's been talked about ever since the M2 first came out (M2 vs. M4 exhaust).

The M2 with just an S55 alone and no other upgrades will be a beast and will kill the base M4. Don't think anyone is denying that fact.
if it happens, it will be priced accordingly; higher
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #62
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
  • Order M2
  • Order M2 LCI
  • Order M2 CS
  • Die of old age
On my timeline, I enjoyed today (again) some automotive vitamins and quality time in the mountains in Northern Italy.

Drove the 1M and my M2 back-to-back through the twisties. The proper place to show their true colors.

Allow me to say that I had a blast with both those 'driving fun facilitators'. Almost 28K kms clocked with my M2.

Jaufenpass:

Passo Manghen:
S1monQc223.50
      09-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #63
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ rock on

the m2 looks menacing
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #64
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
The M2 looks damn good in all available colors!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #65
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Quote:
  • Order M2
  • Order M2 LCI
  • Order M2 CS
  • Die of old age
hilarious post

I fall in the 'Order M2 LCI' category.
After going through the different stages of anger and grief regarding the impending Competition, I have finally reached acceptance and will be happy with my car when I get it in a couple of weeks
Appreciate 1
S1monQc223.50
      09-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #66
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
It doesn't appear that they are testing a b58 car out in the wild, so that's why people don't think that will happen.
Really? Because M240.