BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Another CF Roof Issue...

02-09-2024, 07:24 AM   #45
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

I’m going to put this here as well, it’s on the other roof thread….

Has anyone isolated vin numbers to see if the problematic roofs are grouped together during a specific build period?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 09:48 AM   #46
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

BMW is the worst at fixing an known issue.

Look at the rear taillights in all versions of the M2 going out and faulty. There should be a recall but there is not.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 01:54 PM   #47
m2cs__
Rep
Drives: m2 cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocospeed View Post
All- Not sure which thread to post this in. I have a HS CS that has some whitening/discoloration in the passenger rear of the roof. I think a few others have seen this. The dealer is talking about replacement. Those of you that have had it replaced, any issues? Anything I should be concerned about? Does it show up on the carfax? Any advice is appreciated. I will try to post some photos tomorrow.

Mine has had PPF since day 1 and stored in my garage. No excess sun/heat issues other than when it gets driven.
Did the white spots and discoloration happen all of a sudden or was it a slow build up over time
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 04:17 PM   #48
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
I’m going to put this here as well, it’s on the other roof thread….

Has anyone isolated vin numbers to see if the problematic roofs are grouped together during a specific build period?
I suspect all roofs were made as one batch and delivered to BMW at once. Otherwise they would not all have cosmetic defects in the weave to start with.
Appreciate 2
Hedoniste3834.00
      02-13-2024, 06:25 PM   #49
nocospeed
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Wanted to provide an update. The dealer is still trying to get in touch with BMW so what I said earlier about them replacing actually hasn't been confirmed. The dealer was "just thinking" it would be.... Once I looked into how much work it was going to take, I decided to return the vehicle to the dealer. I recently bought it and they missed a number of items including the roof issues. Luckily they are giving me a full refund so kudos to them. I am back looking for another. I do think it had something to do with sitting in the sun. This particular car was a Texas car so certainly there would have been potential for hot sun baking down. For those that are dealing with the same, keep posting your experience so others know. As for me, if anyone knows of a lower mileage AW/HS with black wheels that is for sale, let me know .
Appreciate 3
chris7197334.00
Tornado1M1211.00
      02-14-2024, 03:56 AM   #50
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Thanks for the update - and yes agreed on everyone keeping eachother posted here. As soon as the Spring hits I’m taking mine in to get the process started with BMW. Also, some incredible prices on low mileage CS lately on BAT…two white ones as well, just gold wheels. Seems like a nice lull in auto pricing given rates and and a weaker macro / economy are presenting some great buying opportunities so I think this is a great time to keep an eye on the auction sites. I say find the color/spec you want but don’t worry about the wheels…can always pick up the opposite set on here and swap easily if you find the right car at the right price. Good luck!
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50
Tornado1M1211.00