BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Missed my M2 CSR had a M2 CS. Why not make a Hybrid?

09-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #67
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm intrigued by this. Between the Garmin and the track connect kit there would be a ton of info.
I've used Apex Pro, I've used Aim Solo.

The Garmin by far is the most user friendly device for bettering your driving there is on the market today.
      09-22-2022, 10:16 AM   #68
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I use TrackAddict and their Race Render software….one note: I have a very stout phone mount, and the vibration makes the video hard to watch. iPhone has no video stabilization. I aim the iPhone camera at myself so I can watch my inputs, and use GoPro for the main forward view. Race Render can then sync them up with PIP.
Old iPhone? The new ones have incredible stabilisation.

Also, great stuff. I've enjoyed these posts. I have no idea what sort of person finds this car underpowered out the box!
Yes….11 pro. My wife just told me this morning the iPhone 14 apparently has amazing stabilization….may be time for a phone upgrade since every GoPro I have bought flaked out within a year. I would rather never buy one of those again.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #69
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
I'm intrigued by this. Between the Garmin and the track connect kit there would be a ton of info.
I've used Apex Pro, I've used Aim Solo.

The Garmin by far is the most user friendly device for bettering your driving there is on the market today.
Does the Garmin capture video or just data?
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 06:31 AM   #70
driver91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I've been using the apex phone mount and iPhone 13 wirh m lap timer . Works perfect if you got the app before they took it down😡
Attached Images

Last edited by driver91; 09-23-2022 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Added
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 07:01 AM   #71
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Does the Garmin capture video or just data?
Noth video and data
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 08:31 PM   #72
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Nice my friend. Make time cause time waits for no one.

I went with Sparco CF buckets with manufacturer red stitching. Leather and Alcantara. I'm in the uphostery business and know getting something custom done is A expensive and B usually never comes out quite like the manufacturer.

$2200 per seat IIRC. The seating position alone is a big upgrade, not to mention the other benefits. The Schirmer brackets ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY. You need to drill a few holes here and there and minipulate them to get the sliders to work.

Glad to see someone else is doing the same thing to their CS. This is exactly what was done to E30 M3's and LTW's back in the day.

Heck, a lot of people even turned their LTW's into race cars. Doubt anyone would do that to a CS these days, how times have changed.

I went with the Competition Motorsports bar. It's nice but I like the Schirmer design way better but didn't want to import one. I probably should have waited but I digress.

Lifeline harnesses are so good.

More pics to come.
How complicated was to set up the the Schirmer seat mounts? I spoke to Tom and he mentioned the should mount directly to the existing wholes and no need for drilling. I want to run Recaro Podiums but he was unsure if they will fit. Do they have the ability to slide or are they fixed mounts?

Thanks for the input.

A
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #73
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

This thread is inspiring. After feeling what it was like when my 200+lb instructor was not in my car. My interest to drop another 100lbs or so has my interest.
Appreciate 2
ptgltw3777.50
Jimjamz4581.50
      10-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #74
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
How complicated was to set up the the Schirmer seat mounts? I spoke to Tom and he mentioned the should mount directly to the existing wholes and no need for drilling. I want to run Recaro Podiums but he was unsure if they will fit. Do they have the ability to slide or are they fixed mounts?

Thanks for the input.

A
Hello. They required a little massaging as per what the tech said. If you want to call my shop I'm sure he would share what all was needed. It wasn't too bad, I think he had to drill different holes in the brackets but not in the car.

He called me to vent about the drivers side. Then once he knew what the secret sauce was the passenger side was a cake walk.

They are SUPER SOLID and the sliders work with ease. Couldn't be happier with the seat mounts and well worth the effort in importing in my eyes.
      10-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #75
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This thread is inspiring. After feeling what it was like when my 200+lb instructor was not in my car. My interest to drop another 100lbs or so has my interest.
Yes, weight loss is everything. You can feel the lightness. I think my 18" wheels and new front brakes also have something to do with that feeling.

BMW is going backwards in that department!
F87EVO4033.00
      10-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #76
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, weight loss is everything. You can feel the lightness. I think my 18" wheels and new front brakes also have something to do with that feeling.

Which Alcon kit did you buy for the front. Is it the same as the M2CSR or is it the bimmerworld 380mm? Are these the same?
      10-20-2022, 03:13 PM   #77
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hello. They required a little massaging as per what the tech said. If you want to call my shop I'm sure he would share what all was needed. It wasn't too bad, I think he had to drill different holes in the brackets but not in the car.

He called me to vent about the drivers side. Then once he knew what the secret sauce was the passenger side was a cake walk.

They are SUPER SOLID and the sliders work with ease. Couldn't be happier with the seat mounts and well worth the effort in importing in my eyes.
Thank you for the feedback. I had a small issue with customs on the first package, so just got coming again full track pack from Schirmer, AP Full Kit, Air Cooling and the Diff Kit...adding the brackets to that would be the least of the concerns

After your outing on the track with the "street version" CS I am pretty excited to see what this can do with all the goodies, proper alignment and "fatter" tires on 18".

I will order the brackets and will ask you for the shops contact if I see the guys here struggling.
Appreciate 1
ptgltw3777.50
      10-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #78
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Which Alcon kit did you buy for the front. Is it the same as the M2CSR or is it the bimmerworld 380mm? Are these the same?
Yes Alcon fronts from the M2 CSR. I think it's the same

Part number CR6420 or something like that. $4738.00 ish
aatlas192.00
      10-20-2022, 07:49 PM   #79
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. I had a small issue with customs on the first package, so just got coming again full track pack from Schirmer, AP Full Kit, Air Cooling and the Diff Kit...adding the brackets to that would be the least of the concerns

After your outing on the track with the "street version" CS I am pretty excited to see what this can do with all the goodies, proper alignment and "fatter" tires on 18".

I will order the brackets and will ask you for the shops contact if I see the guys here struggling.
Exciting stuff! What does the full track pack consist of? Sounds like something I should have
      10-20-2022, 09:45 PM   #80
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Exciting stuff! What does the full track pack consist of? Sounds like something I should have
I think it does

Apparently the change is drastic. Car is expected to be stable and planted

https://www.teamschirmerparts.com/co...37997016580283

Uniball kit including spacers for rear subframe side / lower arm
Eccentric Uniball kit including spacers for wheelhub
Full adjustable toearm with Uniball and spacers
Schirmer Nitron R3 suspension
Anti-roll bar links
Unibal bearings for front axle strut

Will let you know as it is in...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #81
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I wonder what the cost would be without the Nitrons?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 02:11 PM   #82
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I wonder what the cost would be without the Nitrons?
I believe it will be just short of $3K, you can put it together by getting 1) Uniball Bearing for Front Axel, 2) Small Kinematic GT and 3)Adjustable Drop Links - but I think what makes this system ideal is that it has been designed all together, from spring rates and other characteristic on the shocks to the rest of the components.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #83
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I thought Porsche's weight reduction strategy in the new Carrera T was interesting. All the options they use are available to M though I've not seen any used (optional rear seat delete, lighter weight battery, thinner glass for sound/weight loss). It feels like M has just given up on weight loss and is going for power, stiffness and traction to compensate.
Appreciate 3
      10-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #84
driver91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Are you running square set up on the 18s what size ? I'm thinking of trying to sqweeze 285s under it after we do the front brakes
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #85
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver91 View Post
Are you running square set up on the 18s what size ? I'm thinking of trying to sqweeze 285s under it after we do the front brakes
I assume this is address to "ptgltw" - Had a conversation with Tom Schirmer, he suggested I run 265s front on 10" wheels and 295s rears on 11". He mentioned minor fender rolling would be required (Although I check the CS and not a lot of fenders to roll also I am not sure I am willing to go that far). Also I am sure the flexibility of the camber adjustment provided with their set up or camber plate might be required to minimize/avoid rubbing before any fender rolling.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:57 PM   #86
driver91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I assume this is address to "ptgltw" - Had a conversation with Tom Schirmer, he suggested I run 265s front on 10" wheels and 295s rears on 11". He mentioned minor fender rolling would be required (Although I check the CS and not a lot of fenders to roll also I am not sure I am willing to go that far). Also I am sure the flexibility of the camber adjustment provided with their set up or camber plate might be required to minimize/avoid rubbing before any fender rolling.
Thanks will definitely keep that in Mimd . I'm on the fence on taking this cs to the next level . Did recaros fall line rear bar brake lines fluid and Portfield pads. Been using the Goodyear super r on stock wheels .
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 10:30 PM   #87
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Seems like the CS+ step is the carbon buckets, Alcon front brakes, and maybe a lightweight battery, and camber plates.. I think this would be good for about 150lbs. Then maybe 18" wheels,.and better tires. Beyond that I think a cage starts to be in order and further interior stripping.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 07:25 AM   #88
driver91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Seems like the CS+ step is the carbon buckets, Alcon front brakes, and maybe a lightweight battery, and camber plates.. I think this would be good for about 150lbs. Then maybe 18" wheels,.and better tires. Beyond that I think a cage starts to be in order and further interior stripping.
Wirh the fall line rear bar and rear seats out interior still looks almost factory. Added the rear seat delete carpet to complete the look
Appreciate 0