BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Cooling ducts

11-25-2023, 12:57 AM   #1
simontemplar90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Cooling ducts

Hey all,

Has anyone actually done this mod and cut into the bumper to add the cooling ducts?

https://ind-distribution.com/product...oling-duct-set

I personally love the look it is, and the thought of making it functional is even better. Any thoughts if this would devalue the cs overall?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 02:48 PM   #2
OGM2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 AW DCT MPS,N180 4Runner

If I had a CS I wouldn’t cut into it but I love the look as well. You could play it safe and try to find and buy the M2CSR bumper which already has an opening for the ducts or just buy a spare comp bumper and cut into the spare instead so you can keep the original unmolested. That way if you ever sell you could just swap it back.

Last edited by OGM2; 11-25-2023 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2023, 07:07 PM   #3
simontemplar90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGM2 View Post
If I had a CS I wouldn’t cut into it but I love the look as well. You could play it safe and try to find and buy the M2CSR bumper which already has an opening for the ducts or just buy a spare comp bumper and cut into the spare instead so you can keep the original unmolested. That way if you ever sell you could just swap it back.
Yeah that is a good idea and one I am considering. Totally in agreement, the look is awesome and sets off the car’s uniqueness even more!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 08:09 PM   #4
Beenz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2CS

I think cutting your bumper would definitely devalue. Far better off long term to just buy a whole CSR bumper if you really want it but also care about potential resale later.
I know a few have done that with rear boot, such as buy a whole extra boot lid and sacrifice that to affix a CSR wing to. Then return to stock to sell.
Appreciate 0