BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > UUC Short Shifter - Problem / Experience

01-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
ML_Performance_UK
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

UUC Short Shifter - Problem / Experience

Have you had any experience with UUC Short Shifter?

We were advised on the wrong fitment for a customer's car and promised an exchange, that was several months ago, and to today's date we are still waiting.

No reply to phone calls nor emails, have you had similar experiences with UUC Short Shifter?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_Performance_UK View Post
Have you had any experience with UUC Short Shifter?

We were advised on the wrong fitment for a customer's car and promised an exchange, that was several months ago, and to today's date we are still waiting.

No reply to phone calls nor emails, have you had similar experiences with UUC Short Shifter?
Rogue Engineering FTW!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Cannot provide any feedback on your situation, but when I went to have my Auto Solutions SSK installed, the first question my shop asked me was to make sure it wasn't a UUC one. He said they refuse to install any UUC parts anymore given the amount of issues they've had with the parts and company.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
monochrom3
Former P-Car Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 (TBD)

Similar problems for me. Was sent the "wrong" shifter three times. This was despite a note that they would "hand pick" a shifter to make sure they send the right one. Poor communication and long wait times. Of course I paid a shop to install each time. No sense of remorse from UUC. To top it off, when I finally gave up and asked for a refund, it took over a month and they even charged me for an additional ssk instead of a refund before finally straightening things out.
      01-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #5
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

When the F8X platform was new(ish), I know they had some issues with the shifter not sitting not resting in the center when in neutral (like OEM), as well as the knob being twisted. Two deal-breakers for me. Seems like they are still having issues.
Appreciate 0