03-06-2023, 10:28 PM   #1
Hawkdriver
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [10.00]
Question: DSC and coding

I threw a cage, seats and 6 points in the car. It's a track only car. I haven't had the usual stuff coded out yet (airbag seat occupancy sensors, seatbelt warning lights, etc). I have an event this weekend and not sure I can get it coded in time. Can I run the car with DSC off or will it try to kick the nannies back on like when TPMS shows low pressure? Just wondering how urgently I should be hunting down a coder.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 06:41 AM   #2
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Atleast in my experience it should be fine. I usually code it on and off when i put the pssenger seat back in but have had it with warnings on for like 10 track days since i no longer have the passenger seat in

Also accidently cut some airbag harness cables lol. Even with a cut harness and ectra warnings….Ran fine last weekend in MDM and DSC off as far as i could tell.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #3
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Based on my experience with my 2017, the car will turn into comfort mode with the nannies on if you let the TPMS read the pressures below a certain threshold, typically below around 28lbs. This is higher than what ideally you may want to start the day on. So you have three options:

1. Work with the setup you currently have and manage pressures throughout the day. Start above 28lbs and bleed out air in between sessions as needed to keep hot pressures where you want then. Add air in if the car has been sitting for a while and pressures drop. Doing this will enable you to run with everything off.

2. Take out the TPMS sensors. This will let you run in any mode without having to spend effort managing the systems. Albeit, you will have a light on the dash indicating a TPMS error.

3. Code out the TPMS
      03-07-2023, 03:10 PM   #4
Hawkdriver
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 M2  [10.00]
dvas Thanks bud, but that wasn't my question. I am aware of the TPMS. I already have that coded out because of all the sets of wheels and tires I use. I was asking about the airbag and sealbelt issues when seats are replaced. Do you know if I can run the car full DCS off with it kicking UT back into comfort mode with the airbag and seat warnings?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 04:10 PM   #5
jnwin
M2 From Down Under
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdriver View Post
dvas Thanks bud, but that wasn't my question. I am aware of the TPMS. I already have that coded out because of all the sets of wheels and tires I use. I was asking about the airbag and sealbelt issues when seats are replaced. Do you know if I can run the car full DCS off with it kicking UT back into comfort mode with the airbag and seat warnings?
No you can drive with dsc off with the airbag and seat warnings, I have done this numerous of times.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2023, 07:51 PM   #6
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Ahh, my bad. Misunderstood your question.
      03-08-2023, 01:30 PM   #7
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Are you planning on coding out the stock occupancy sensors/airbags/ect when you replace the seats?

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 08:12 PM   #8
Hawkdriver
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Are you planning on coding out the stock occupancy sensors/airbags/ect when you replace the seats?
Whatever takes the Christmas tree off my dash. Seats are in already. Got all sorts of lights. Codemycar.com is helping me out.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 02:53 AM   #9
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Whatever takes the Christmas tree off my dash. Seats are in already. Got all sorts of lights. Codemycar.com is helping me out.
Pulled this from here a few years back but if anyone needs
[*] set the following codes from aktiv to nicht_aktiv:[/LIST]
CIS_Beifaher (Occupancy sensor)
Sitzairbag_Thorax_Fahrer (Driver seat airbag)
Sitzairbag_Thorax_Beifahrer (Passenger seat airbag)
Sitzpositionsensor_Fahrer (Driver seat position sensor)
Sitzpositionsensor_Beifahrer (Passenger seat position sensor)
Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Fahrer (Driver seat position sensor memory)
Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Beifahrer (Passenger seat position sensor memory)

Save, FDL code, and wait for success

What I use to code out the passenger and driver side warnings when swapping seats
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2023, 06:32 AM   #10
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

You can run in dsc off with the seatbelt warning light on.
Appreciate 1