Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@BigKutta For the time being, I will wait for the MY21, I am in no rush.
JC

I thought I had talked you over to the 'dark side.' I even picked out a unique colored beauty for you.

It is all good, though, as I can live my out my admiration for the M2C vicariously through you and other owners on Bimmerpost.

///AVM
WoW, that's your car?

So WFT you doing here us downtrotters?

J/k
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 09:24 PM   #376
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@BigKutta For the time being, I will wait for the MY21, I am in no rush.
JC

I thought I had talked you over to the 'dark side.' I even picked out a unique colored beauty for you.

It is all good, though, as I can live my out my admiration for the M2C vicariously through you and other owners on Bimmerpost.

///AVM
Haha I do love that color and would totally rock it!

Unfortunately, after further evaluation I have to be somewhat practical and financially responsible. Also the fiancé put an end to it...

Still think I would get a lot of joy out of the M2C. But Porsche may have to wait until the next time.
      04-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #377
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
WoW, that's your car?

So WFT you doing here us downtrotters?

J/k
Poochie

Huge fan of the M2C (M3 and M4). One day I might even own one . . . even bigger fan of Bimmerpost forum and its members.

I am, however, a Porsche guy when it comes to my driving performance pleasures.

JC shares my enthusiasm for the BMW and Porsche offerings, most notably the 718 and M2C models . . . I thought I had swayed him to the 'dark side,' but he remains understandably committed to the M2C.

The green 718 CGTS is not mine. Although I like the color, I prefer the GT Silver.

Disclaimer: the pic below is shortly after delivery about six months ago. I love to drive my cars, but not big on keeping them 'shiny.' For that reason alone I am probably not a great M2C owner candidate, as I have never seen a group of car owners that collectively maintain their cars so well.

///AVM
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Poochie9107.50
JCZ51483.50
Brandt51944.50
      04-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #378
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

That green would be my jam.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00
      04-16-2020, 06:44 AM   #379
Mito21
Virile Driver
Spain
Rep
Drives: SO M2C / G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Here the production of MY21 F87 started on 1st March.
Highlights:
- price increased
- tyre repair kit (2VC) is not part of the standard equipment anymore (60€)
- new black arches on the fenders
- new engine code 1J31 (M2CS)

That's all, but it's even more than MY20 (black taillights)
Thank you for the info. I has the same information, some changes were made from production 1st march. My car was produced on 7th march, so i assume it has the new specifications.

In Spain they added too the Radio DAB (654) option for the new models manufactured from 1st march.

Take care saying that this is the 2021 model or you could receive some bad words here, as i did.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 06:52 AM   #380
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
That green would be my jam.
If it's the model with the ridiculous smiley face at the front (GT something or other?), you'd have to approach it with a banjo singing rainbow connection.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #381
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Germany is planning to reopen the economy next week. So we shall see if there will be MY21 announcements soon
      04-16-2020, 08:21 AM   #382
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Poochie

Huge fan of the M2C (M3 and M4). One day I might even own one . . . even bigger fan of Bimmerpost forum and its members.

I am, however, a Porsche guy when it comes to my driving performance pleasures.

JC shares my enthusiasm for the BMW and Porsche offerings, most notably the 718 and M2C models . . . I thought I had swayed him to the 'dark side,' but he remains understandably committed to the M2C.

The green 718 CGTS is not mine. Although I like the color, I prefer the GT Silver.

Disclaimer: the pic below is shortly after delivery about six months ago. I love to drive my cars, but not big on keeping them 'shiny.' For that reason alone I am probably not a great M2C owner candidate, as I have never seen a group of car owners that collectively maintain their cars so well.

///AVM
G'damn thats gorgeous!! I was seriously considering the 718 this go around, but for some reason this M2C really spoke to me the minute I laid my eyes on it. I always wanted an M car, and this is the perfect one. So M for now, maybe...a P car in the future....
As with keeping them so clean, dont worry, not all of us are insane. I've had mine almost 4 months and have washed her 3 times. Other than that no ppf, ceramic pro etc. I keep my cars forever now it seems, and they are great after many years without any of that. Just be slightly anal about looking after them, otherwise drive them and have fun!
I certainly appreciate your contribution to this board and your balanced approach.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00
      04-16-2020, 09:11 AM   #383
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
G'damn thats gorgeous!! I was seriously considering the 718 this go around, but for some reason this M2C really spoke to me the minute I laid my eyes on it. I always wanted an M car, and this is the perfect one. So M for now, maybe...a P car in the future....
As with keeping them so clean, dont worry, not all of us are insane. I've had mine almost 4 months and have washed her 3 times. Other than that no ppf, ceramic pro etc. I keep my cars forever now it seems, and they are great after many years without any of that. Just be slightly anal about looking after them, otherwise drive them and have fun!
I certainly appreciate your contribution to this board and your balanced approach.
Kutta

Thank you for the kind words - appreciated!

I keep up with mechanical maintenance, but gave up a long time ago trying to keep up with the roadway assault on the exterior. . . . still, I appreciate the investments others make toward exterior upkeep of their vehicles.

///AVM
Attached Images

Last edited by ///AVM; 04-16-2020 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2020, 09:51 AM   #384
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Looks great. I follow the p-cars enough to have an app that pulls the build sheets from the VIN .
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00
      04-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #385
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Looks great. I follow the p-cars enough to have an app that pulls the build sheets from the VIN .
Thank you Dave.

You and I like to play in the same sandbox; we just spend our time enjoying the toys in different corners of the box.

I look forward to when you can post up some of your M2CS pics.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #386
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Dave

My interest in starting this thread stems deeper than to simply spur discussion.

I find the M2C and 718 CGTS to be extremely different cars. I know it rubs some people the wrong way when I say Porsche builds sport cars and BMW sporty coupes/sedans.

First, it is what makes Porsche and BMW different that draws my interest to both. Second, never my intent to irritate anyone; sport car vs sporty coupe/sedan is wording I use to try and convey differences I perceive in my driving experiences. It all starts with the chassis and engine mount. . .

I do not typically keep my cars very long. I daily drive the piss out of whatever car I own for a year, or two, then move on. MY 718 CGTS is the best CAR I have ever owned and the only thing that MIGHT get me out of it any time soon is the 718 GTS 4.0.

Relating the above to the topic of this thread, I really like the M2C for what it is, including how different it is from my 718 CGTS. I have had a growing impulse to own one. Couple reasons I have not pulled the trigger. One is that I do not need another car, and do not know how often I would be willing to leave the GTS in the garage in favor of the M2C? Second, I have always also really liked the M4.

So, I have curtailed my purchase impulse by playing the ‘wait and see’ game in my own head. Wait to see what the 21’ M2C has to offer, if anything, over the 20’ M2C? Wait and see if the 21’ M4 appeals to me? Although not yet available, I do not think I will ever be able to get past the M4 kidney grille that looks like it ate a Lexus.

I hope my better judgement prevails over impulse. . . or is it the other way around?!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #387
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I couldn't agree with you more about purpose built sports car vs sports coup. Totally different. Sport coup will never eclipse a purpose built sports car. I don't care how it gets sliced. It just won't. Im am searching for the ONE. The car that ignites the passion. It doesn't have to be the fastest, meanest, sportiest, or do everything. It just needs to be there one that makes me smile every time I get in it and fit my lifestyle.

I actually like the big grill. I think the I4 looks great and will make a good looking M car. BMW is brilliant in my opinion. The big grill leaps the look into the future. Perfect for bringing in the futuristic electric platform. Everything is cyclical. By going to the largest grill now, they will always be able to evolve backwards. And all the purists will cheer about the throwback smaller grill. Folks get to hung up on brand. I don't look at BMW as a baby step to a Porsche. It's completely different with a different experience. I really enjoyed driving a GT3. I thought the interior was a turd. I'm might still add a 997 GT3 at some point. The sound is incredible and it's fun to feel like you're driving a race car. I say if the 4.0 GT4 is that buy and keep forever fun car, then get on the list. You won't regret it. I think BMW will keep the small M cars around and work on ensuring there are capable coupes with some rawness that makes things fun. I find that I want "raw" in my mind, but as I age my body tends to want a little less of it.
Appreciate 3
///AVM2531.00
BigKutta3907.50
      04-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #388
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

"It just needs to be there one that makes me smile every time I get in it and fit my lifestyle."

Spot on Dave!!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #389
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:

///AVM
Here ya go. Six weeks back at the "Black Lake", Michelin Proving Grounds autocross (2nd overall raw and PAX time) This is a high speed sweeper across a large part of the width of the venue. The M2C is so super controllable near/at/over the limits of the tires whether it's managing incipient understeer, neutral drift or power oversteer. The Active-M LSD is phenomenal...one of the best parts about this car.

First one is the fast way through the sweeper; put the car right on the limits not a 0.1 mph over, keep it tight as possible, be patient.

Second pic is the "fun way" around but a good bit slower; nice super controllable drift.

Third is side view so people can guess at wheels.

Regards,
Chuck
Attached Images

2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 4
///AVM2531.00
Poochie9107.50
Moflow2484.50
KevinM2937.00
      04-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #390
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Here ya go. Six weeks back at the "Black Lake", Michelin Proving Grounds autocross (2nd overall raw and PAX time) This is a high speed sweeper across a large part of the width of the venue. The M2C is so super controllable near/at/over the limits of the tires whether it's managing incipient understeer, neutral drift or power oversteer. The Active-M LSD is phenomenal...one of the best parts about this car.

First one is the fast way through the sweeper; put the car right on the limits not a 0.1 mph over, keep it tight as possible, be patient.

Second pic is the "fun way" around but a good bit slower; nice super controllable drift.

Third is side view so people can guess at wheels.

Regards,
Chuck
Thanks Chuck!

I am not a tracker, but it sure looks fun!

My 'track' are rural roads that boarder BFI . . . I love getting spirited out on the open roads.

On a different note, were you going through a car wash after each lap? . . . nobody on this forum seems to own an M2C that ever gets dirt on it.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 04-17-2020 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 3
CSBM52756.00
natmad674.50
BigKutta3907.50
      04-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #391
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

I would love to own a 718 Cayman. If i ever feel my S2k is getting to be too old i might think about trading up. Its honestly the only real upgrade. I do agree with what a lot of people say though. I've had a good share of sports coups, but a proper built Sports car is just something else entirely.

I've never had a chance to drive a porsche, but its something i really want to do soon.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00
      04-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #392
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Quote:
JC

It is all good, though, as I can live out my admiration for the M2C vicariously through you and other owners on Bimmerpost.

///AVM
Is this python green?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #393
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPedalAddict View Post
Quote:
JC

It is all good, though, as I can live out my admiration for the M2C vicariously through you and other owners on Bimmerpost.

///AVM
Is this python green?
I cannot tell you for certain, but I believe it's a custom paint color.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
fullstack337.50
      04-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #394
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Anyone have the computer savvy to put that 718 green paint on a M2C?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #395
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Here the production of MY21 F87 started on 1st March.
Highlights:
- price increased
- tyre repair kit (2VC) is not part of the standard equipment anymore (60€)
- new black arches on the fenders
- new engine code 1J31 (M2CS)

That's all, but it's even more than MY20 (black taillights)
Those wheel arches are coming standard now?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:35 PM   #396
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Those wheel arches are coming standard now?
Definitely not for Australia, I saw the email from BMW. I believe they are Euro only.
Appreciate 0