BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Car and Driver Tested: 2020 BMW M2 CS is an Automatic Classic

07-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #67
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Not that I'm Lewis Hamilton, but the Cup2's are the best tyres I've ever had, but heck do they wear fast.

I'd be surprised to see anyone get more than10k km on a set
F87EVO4031.00
      07-21-2021, 03:33 AM   #68
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
not that I'm Lewis Hamilton, but the Cup2's are the best there's I've ever had, but heck do they wear fast.

if be surprised to see anyone get more than10k km on a set
Based on the reviews and Davil getting through a Sydney winter happy with their performance I will go for them when I have to swap out my current PSS. Though it sounds like I'll be getting a new set every year at that rate!
Appreciate 2
Davil6469.00
      07-21-2021, 07:57 AM   #69
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Based on the reviews and Davil getting through a Sydney winter happy with their performance I will go for them when I have to swap out my current PSS. Though it sounds like I'll be getting a new set every year at that rate!
Yeah, it might give you a year or so, but, you will love every day of it. Cup2 really is on another level
Ilikemike250.50
F87EVO4031.00
Fuji550i389.50
      07-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #70
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I just mounted the Cup2 Connect 240s. I haven't really tortured them yet but grip and road feel is amazing. I have to really try to break them loose. The MPSS tires were like soap bars in comparison. These tires heat up just fine, no problems there.
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4565.00
Davil6469.00
      07-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #71
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I am happy with the car on PSS. I've been thinking I would replace the PSS with PS4S in a slightly wider stagger (255/275) which is exactly what I use on my 1M as a street tire.

This thread is making me rethink going with Cup2 when the tone comes.

I knew I was going to have a winter delivery, so I did not want to car shipped with Cup2. I should be able to properly protect them during our brief winters.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #72
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am happy with the car on PSS. I've been thinking I would replace the PSS with PS4S in a slightly wider stagger (255/275) which is exactly what I use on my 1M as a street tire.

This thread is making me rethink going with Cup2 when the tone comes.

I knew I was going to have a winter delivery, so I did not want to car shipped with Cup2. I should be able to properly protect them during our brief winters.
I live in a temperate climate so even in winter my car doesn't see freezing weather or huge amounts of rain. I suppose that might be a consideration for some people. One thing that I've noticed is that they haven't been greasy even in ambient 100+ F temps.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #73
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
How hard are you all pushing your cars? I'm on PSS and I find the steering to be sublime. The car has never felt unsettled around fast corners except maybe one time when the corner was pretty bumpy. The car sticks way better than my F80, and feels quite a bit better than the hour or so I got in an M2 Comp at the M4 GT4 experience.

I live in a hot climate, so I'm leaning towards the Cup2s for the next set, but it's hard to imagine a big improvement in an already lovely steering feel from just the an upgraded tire.
Appreciate 1
Jimjamz4565.00
      07-21-2021, 02:28 PM   #74
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
How hard are you all pushing your cars? I'm on PSS and I find the steering to be sublime. The car has never felt unsettled around fast corners except maybe one time when the corner was pretty bumpy. The car sticks way better than my F80, and feels quite a bit better than the hour or so I got in an M2 Comp at the M4 GT4 experience.

I live in a hot climate, so I'm leaning towards the Cup2s for the next set, but it's hard to imagine a big improvement in an already lovely steering feel from just the an upgraded tire.
If you are looking for super smooth and quiet then try the MPS4S. I agree that the MPSS is a good tire but the grip just isn't there if you are pushing any extra power. If you never get to the point that you are sliding around a corner then IMHO the Cup2 is overkill.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #75
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post

I feel the same way … for driving on the street the PSS provides as much grip as I would ever feel comfortable using. The only exception is 1st gear launch, but I'm not the drag racing type.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0