05-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #23
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk View Post
I didn't have much luck with the directions in the manual, and finally went to my GDO manufacturer's website. They usually have Homelink instructions for the model you have. The instructions to make mine work were quite different from the manual. After a lot of frustration, I was able to finally get it to work.
I had to do the same thing. I somehow (by accident) got two of the three buttons on the rear view mirror to work for opening the garage door.

Once set up it works great.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 10:26 PM   #24
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
I had to do the same thing. I somehow (by accident) got two of the three buttons on the rear view mirror to work for opening the garage door.

Once set up it works great.
If you want to clear the mirror, press and hold the outer two buttons (1 & 3) for approximately forever. (I think 30sec+) That fully resets the mirror back to completely unprogrammed state.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #25
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
It's for any exhaust system that retains stock valve control. I use it with my Remus set up and it works great.
Can you notice a difference?
I'm still on the stock catback, but I have the Awron gauge with the valve control option. I can definitely hear the valve being changed (the mechanical motion of the valve itself), but sound-wise, from inside the car, I can't tell much of a difference TBH. Much larger sound change just going from Comfort to Sport, which tells me that a lot of the sound difference is coming from different spark / fuel strategy and not so much the flap...
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.

Last edited by ZPrime; 05-09-2018 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #26
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I'm still on the stock catback, but I have the Awron gauge with the valve control option. I can definitely hear the valve being changed, but sound-wise, from inside the car, I can't tell much of a difference TBH. Much larger sound change just going from Comfort to Sport, which tells me that a lot of the sound difference is coming from different spark / fuel strategy and not so much the flap...
It's not very noticeable with the stock exhaust. One I got my new catback I 100% noticed a difference.
Obviously a valve change won't be as dramatic as a driving mode change but it's still helpful when you want to make the car noticeably louder or quieter. I'd say 75% of the volume is controlled with driving mode and 25% with the valves.
Appreciate 2
ZPrime611.50
      05-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
Bazgab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
It's for any exhaust system that retains stock valve control. I use it with my Remus set up and it works great.
I'm still on the stock catback, but I have the Awron gauge with the valve control option. I can definitely hear the valve being changed (the mechanical motion of the valve itself), but sound-wise, from inside the car, I can't tell much of a difference TBH. Much larger sound change just going from Comfort to Sport, which tells me that a lot of the sound difference is coming from different spark / fuel strategy and not so much the flap...
Depends, I agree with that assessment if the stock exhaust valves are used. My Dinan exhaust was roughly the same volume with the valves open or closed. Drive mode was the biggest difference.

On the other hand my FI exhaust with vacuum controlled valves is at least twice as loud when the valves are open compared to when they are closed. Drive mode still effects it to some extent but moreso the amount of pops/crackles (with Traction and Sport+ being the most aggressive).
      05-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #28
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
If you want to clear the mirror, press and hold the outer two buttons (1 & 3) for approximately forever. (I think 30sec+) That fully resets the mirror back to completely unprogrammed state.
I know. I don't mind having two of the buttons work.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 01:15 AM   #29
JackMayyam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2-seater

my garage door opener's been acting up lately as well. I have the Chamberlain and it stopped working the other day. We were having an intermittent network and I think it affected the Chamberlain, our garage door is stuck. Got back running fine though when the internet went more stable.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 05:24 AM   #30
DianaForsyth
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The cost of installing a garage door opener ranges from $218 to $512, or $356 on average. Expect to pay $150 to $500 for parts and $65 to $85 per hour for labor on this project. The final cost is mostly determined by the system's brand, model, and horsepower rating. This is not very much, but not too cheap as well for some people. I am living in a save region and I prefer carports more. They are much easier to build with the help of a good company, and do not require any additional elements, which cost a lot of money most of the times.

Last edited by DianaForsyth; 10-06-2021 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
blkonblk195.00