Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Finally installed. It's simply incredible.
Were you able to get by leaving the passenger cup holder unscathed?
Unfortunately no. But I used one of the inserts from my wife's cupfone (WeatherTech) and it covers it perfectly. But this thing is so amazing, I'd cover the hole with duct tape if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 03:22 PM   #24
AW F31
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post
Quote:
Thats beautiful drkev! Glad you went with the matching knob. My set up is RTD shifter with mp knob, UCP pedals, pedalhaus and it's an absolute joy to engage each gear. Driving slow or fast it all feels like bolt action shifting and the closest thing to a gated shifter. However significantly less cutting and trimming required for this base, cupholder area intact. This kit does not come with a dust boot but the IRP shifter dust boot lines right up. I also went with the version without reverse lockout because the centering spring is pretty robust and it takes decent effort to go medially and up into reverse.
Wow, that combination looks amazing.

Can I ask whether you bought the 300mm or 380mm height lever? The height of yours looks perfect.
2016 BMW 335d x-drive Touring - DMS Remap (385bhp / 720NM) - 100k miles - Alpine White | Black Leather - Adaptive LED Headlights, HUD, Adaptive Suspension, Surround View Cameras, Panoramic Sunroof, Electrically Adjustable Seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 07:14 AM   #25
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F31 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thats beautiful drkev! Glad you went with the matching knob. My set up is RTD shifter with mp knob, UCP pedals, pedalhaus and it's an absolute joy to engage each gear. Driving slow or fast it all feels like bolt action shifting and the closest thing to a gated shifter. However significantly less cutting and trimming required for this base, cupholder area intact. This kit does not come with a dust boot but the IRP shifter dust boot lines right up. I also went with the version without reverse lockout because the centering spring is pretty robust and it takes decent effort to go medially and up into reverse.
Wow, that combination looks amazing.

Can I ask whether you bought the 300mm or 380mm height lever? The height of yours looks perfect.
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 1
AW F3138.00
      03-05-2023, 12:36 PM   #26
Driver407
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' F80 M3, 02' E46 M3

Quote:
Do you have additional pictures or info about how the IRP boot is fastened to the car and shifter. Im curious how you modified it to work on the bottom.

Have an E46 M3 with an RTD that I am looking to do some sort of solution with the IRP plate. Most the other people doing this mod have modified the plate heavily to fit. Yours seems much simpler. Just cant tell everything from the one pic.

I know its sorta an old post but any info would be great. Thanks.
TC Kline coilovers and camber plates, Apex 18" EC-7, Conti ECF 295r/275f, monoball thrustarms, SPL toe arms, Powerflex diff bushings/bracket, AP Racing 9660, Project Mu H21, Spiegler brake lines, AA midpipe, VTT crankhub, VRSF charge/j pipe, Turner tray, BM3 CS
Youtube: Driver407
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 08:59 AM   #27
MadM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2 comp

I was able to install the CAE without any damage to the cup holder on the exterior. (there is a VERY fine line or clearance).

Aside from the slight noise, this is by far one of my favorite mods.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2023, 02:50 AM   #28
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM2C View Post
I was able to install the CAE without any damage to the cup holder on the exterior. (there is a VERY fine line or clearance).

Aside from the slight noise, this is by far one of my favorite mods.
Slight noise??? Thats your diff whine. Its such a beautiful sound lol

Also did you take tons of photos? How did you fit it in there without damaging the cup holder? I did mine and a friends. Unfortunately for mine, the cup holder 100% had to be heated and pushed in for my CAE to fit.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 02:40 PM   #29
iam2slow
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

How long did it take you guys to install the shifter including modifying the cupholders? Still undecided on bringing it to a shop or diy. Any special tools and tricks required?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 06:35 PM   #30
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam2slow View Post
How long did it take you guys to install the shifter including modifying the cupholders? Still undecided on bringing it to a shop or diy. Any special tools and tricks required?
Understand the whole process from start to finish first.

You will remove the whole center console. Be patient with the clip ins. Really watch full videos on removing the center console if there is any.

Youll want a heat gun to mold the cup holder if you dont want to cut.

After install, Get some tape to put over the top front of the CAE mount that will make contact with the cup holder.

Put some white paint over the tape so you can see the exact spot it touches the cup holder and slowly using the heat gun bend in that area.

The final clip for the connecting rod to the transmission was a PIA the first time.

Buy a deburring tool just in case. My pin hole wasnt 100% clean on one end and was causing the new pin to get stuck.

Look up how to unclick the different connectors.

Expect 6 hours-8hrs your first time if youre doing it alone.

You’re dropping your exhaust, removing the heat shield, removing some of the transmission mounts( super simple), removing the seats, removing the full center console. Then installing the CAE, carefully molding the cup holder and putting it all back together.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 2
MooMooM21790.50
      03-16-2023, 12:26 AM   #31
iam2slow
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Understand the whole process from start to finish first.

You will remove the whole center console. Be patient with the clip ins. Really watch full videos on removing the center console if there is any.

Youll want a heat gun to mold the cup holder if you dont want to cut.

After install, Get some tape to put over the top front of the CAE mount that will make contact with the cup holder.

Put some white paint over the tape so you can see the exact spot it touches the cup holder and slowly using the heat gun bend in that area.

The final clip for the connecting rod to the transmission was a PIA the first time.

Buy a deburring tool just in case. My pin hole wasnt 100% clean on one end and was causing the new pin to get stuck.

Look up how to unclick the different connectors.

Expect 6 hours-8hrs your first time if youre doing it alone.

You’re dropping your exhaust, removing the heat shield, removing some of the transmission mounts( super simple), removing the seats, removing the full center console. Then installing the CAE, carefully molding the cup holder and putting it all back together.
Wow. That is definitely more than I anticipated. If I do it myself, its going to be on jackstands but after the list of things that need to be removed, I think it’s worth having a professional shop do it 😅 Kudos to you for doing it yourself 👌👌👌 Thanks for sharing that with me
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 12:40 PM   #32
Tes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I'm thinking of getting the CAE kit and doing the install this winter. For those of you in NA, did you buy it directly from CAE? or is there a NA distributor or something?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 10:39 AM   #33
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

You'll love it.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 09:35 AM   #34
jayk12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 comp

Hi All,

I am looking to remove the CAE shifter out of my M2 Comp. It came with the car when I purchased it. Does anyone know what parts I would need to revert back to stock? I wasn't given anything.

I have this diagram to go off but I am not sure what to order.

Also to swap them over to do i need to drop the completed exhaust off and the prop?

Thanks

Appreciate 0