BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Mpe new wiring solution to avoid bt

03-27-2022, 12:30 AM   #67
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

I got the VSC-2 installed and can confirm that it work perfectly with the OG N55 M2 MPE. I ordered it with Default Close and Active Open oriantation. This is the more OEM way IMO. Cold start in the morning is not super loud and open with the garage opener bottom under the mirror - much better than the stupid BT controller that you need to decide whether need to find a place to store it or lose a cup holder. 100% plug and play and I am super happy with this mod.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2022, 02:26 AM   #68
berserkr
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
1997 BMW M3 sedan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming_lau View Post
I got the VSC-2 installed and can confirm that it work perfectly with the OG N55 M2 MPE. I ordered it with Default Close and Active Open oriantation. This is the more OEM way IMO. Cold start in the morning is not super loud and open with the garage opener bottom under the mirror - much better than the stupid BT controller that you need to decide whether need to find a place to store it or lose a cup holder. 100% plug and play and I am super happy with this mod.
Hi ming lau

Did you order the VSC-2 "standard wiring" right off the website? Their site also lists a version for "Modified wiring for dual valve exhaust on single valve wired cars." I have been unable to contact CG to verify.

Did you install yourself? I assume there is zero need for the Bluetooth controller but do you still need the Bluetooth module powered on in the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 01:31 PM   #69
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkr View Post
Hi ming lau

Did you order the VSC-2 "standard wiring" right off the website? Their site also lists a version for "Modified wiring for dual valve exhaust on single valve wired cars." I have been unable to contact CG to verify.

Did you install yourself? I assume there is zero need for the Bluetooth controller but do you still need the Bluetooth module powered on in the trunk?
For my N55 M2 MPE, the standard wiring off their website worked perfectly for me. The length is just enough.

I installed it myself and toke me 15min. Yes, all the stock wirings and modules that came with the MPE are still required.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 03:08 AM   #70
TheCondor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini JCW F56

Check it out guys for a wifi solutions:

https://github.com/Condorello/JCW-Pr...main/README.md
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 08:47 AM   #71
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mped View Post
Thank you, I've tried to figure out the signals coming from the factory plug for the people that want to have the sport buttons control the exhaust but haven't been able to. I haven't given up yet.
Hey great writeup! The two black grounds did you tap into the exhaust controller grounds? Or ground somewhere else? And the red power cable went to the fuse I'm assuming? Do you remember which fuse you used?

Also is it possible to still use the oem mpe button?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 10:30 AM   #72
Mped
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2 6MT

Thank you. For the grounds I used solderless ring lugs and then connected them to the rear battery hold down.

Name:  20230319_101238.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  237.6 KB

I connected the red power to the fifth fuse from the bottom on the left side of the fuse box.

Name:  20230319_101230.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  295.2 KB

And yes the oem mpe button will work just as well as it did (or didn't ) as before.

Mark
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2023, 08:50 PM   #73
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. For the grounds I used solderless ring lugs and then connected them to the rear battery hold down.

Attachment 3133114

I connected the red power to the fifth fuse from the bottom on the left side of the fuse box.

Attachment 3133110

And yes the oem mpe button will work just as well as it did (or didn't ) as before.

Mark
Perfect, thanks Mark! I was hoping I would be able to pair the OEM button with the new RF relay but that's okay I can do the HomeLink and use it whenever my valves are acting up haha
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 08:14 AM   #74
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Mark
Got it all setup, thanks again! I used a accessory power fuse, was worried it would drain my battery on an always on one. One issue is that when the relay loses power it switches to the flap open. Can I change something to switch to closed on power off?
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 06:32 PM   #75
Mped
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2 6MT

One issue is that when the relay loses power it switches to the flap open. Can I change something to switch to closed on power off?

Not that I know of. My understanding is that when it looses power it opens the switch thereby closing the valves. I have been running this setup for over a year with a few two week periods of not driving the car with no issues of the battery being drained so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Mark
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2024, 07:38 PM   #76
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Can somebody provide some detailed steps on this? I've spent hours today with this stupid BT controller on / off. Tried new batteries, reset it multiple times, it continually shuts itself off after 3 to 5 min of driving. I shut off BT, left my watch at home, etc. What a POS.

Is this the valve controller? https://x-ph.com/cg-precision-vsc-2-...nd-controller/

So you bought the VSC-2. How did you wire up to the valves? ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 02:00 PM   #77
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Can somebody provide some detailed steps on this? I've spent hours today with this stupid BT controller on / off. Tried new batteries, reset it multiple times, it continually shuts itself off after 3 to 5 min of driving. I shut off BT, left my watch at home, etc. What a POS.

Is this the valve controller? https://x-ph.com/cg-precision-vsc-2-...nd-controller/

So you bought the VSC-2. How did you wire up to the valves? ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you!
It is fairly simple. You essentially is installing the VSC-2 in between the stock MPE wiring and the valve actuators.

The VSC-2 comes with 2 pairs of female and male connectors (4 in total). You need to unplug the original wiring connection at the value actuators. Have the wiring side plugged into the VSC-2's female/male connections, then take the remaining VSC-2 connectors to the valve actuators.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2024, 04:01 PM   #78
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
It is fairly simple. You essentially is installing the VSC-2 in between the stock MPE wiring and the valve actuators.

The VSC-2 comes with 2 pairs of female and male connectors (4 in total). You need to unplug the original wiring connection at the value actuators. Have the wiring side plugged into the VSC-2's female/male connections, then take the remaining VSC-2 connectors to the valve actuators.
Thank you! While the following video is an G80, this is similar to what you mentioned. The VSC sits "in between" the actuator and the original wiring.

Did you mount the VSC box to the chassis? How did you fasten it? I've also read a thread that you can get access to the actuator from the trunk, which would make it much easier to access the plugs, as the actuators are on top of the exhaust, not on the side like the F80

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 09:53 PM   #79
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Thank you! While the following video is an G80, this is similar to what you mentioned. The VSC sits "in between" the actuator and the original wiring.

Did you mount the VSC box to the chassis? How did you fasten it? I've also read a thread that you can get access to the actuator from the trunk, which would make it much easier to access the plugs, as the actuators are on top of the exhaust, not on the side like the F80

Pretty much exactly the same as what is in the video. To answer your questions from the PM:

1. Did it work for you?

Loving it! Never need to glance at the BT controller or keep my ears up to check if the valve is still open.

2. You said you installed it in 15 minutes. What specifically did you need to do? I crawled under the car yesterday, I can see the actuators but could not remove those without dropping the exhaust. Did you simple plug and play? If so what did you plug/play specifically?

You don't need to remove the actuators themselves. Just need to disconnect the wiring connectors. Mounting is direct as well. If I recall correctly, I mounted using a screw from the actuator following the manual instruction. I did had to unscrew the heat shield to tug the wires behind it.

3. I'm assuming you were able to program the homelink?

Yes, exactly how you would pair a garage remote to your HomeLink.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2024, 10:37 PM   #80
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Lol maybe all the MPE guys who want this could start a go fund me kind of thing and pitch in a few dollars for you to test it out, and if it works everyone can get the harness, if it doesn't they only wasted a buck.
Im in for $20
Appreciate 0