BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > I'm all 'IN'

01-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

I'm all 'IN'

So after the years of anticipation, some disappointment at release, and then much thought......today I'm in for the baby M!

Ordered from HJ Chester (uk) and requested a MY2018. Will see how my resolve holds out to wait that long! My dealership seems lucky enough to be getting 3 in this first year, many have just two or a single car here in the uk. Their demo car is the 4th in the first year and I'll be having that for a weekend come the time.

Seems I'm 5th in line but that suits me, taking delivery late 2017 maybe even as far as 2018 stops me getting divorced for too many changes.

Will keep a keen eye on a CSL variant but yeah that's my order placed.

For the record it's LBB with 6MT and no options. Not even looking at a spec till just before build time.

All the best
Chris

PS the recent video release with the exhaust at start up helped sway it. Miss that M4 noise and this car sounds better to me.
      01-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

Welcome to the club Also expecting 2017 delivery as No. 2 at dealer & they are only getting 1 for 2016. I'm starting to wonder whether the '500 earmarked for uk' figure is per year or for the whole lifetime though??
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 01:44 AM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Jason
Welcome to the club Also expecting 2017 delivery as No. 2 at dealer & they are only getting 1 for 2016. I'm starting to wonder whether the '500 earmarked for uk' figure is per year or for the whole lifetime though??
Just per year I'm certain...your dealer getting a demo also?
      01-12-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris10Bimmers View Post
Just per year I'm certain...your dealer getting a demo also?
I was certain it was yearly too, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I might make a post on it later and let everyone tell me how I'm bonkers.

They thought they where getting a Demo initially but now say they're not getting one.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #5
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Jason View Post
I was certain it was yearly too, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I might make a post on it later and let everyone tell me how I'm bonkers.

They thought they where getting a Demo initially but now say they're not getting one.
Damn that's harsh with do demo car either, just a single customer car in 2016! I 'think' demand may offer up a case for more production car slots into 2017 but who knows. Lottery for now. Congrats anyway and good luck with the passing months. Keep in touch, not seen too many other UK M2 customers in 'here'.
      01-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #6
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Damn that's harsh with do demo car either, just a single customer car in 2016! I 'think' demand may offer up a case for more production car slots into 2017 but who knows. Lottery for now. Congrats anyway and good luck with the passing months. Keep in touch, not seen too many other UK M2 customers in 'here'.
Well this is in Sleepy Norfolk haha

I genuinely think they can only make so many of them though.

Don't know how I'm going to cope - put down my deposit in Late Oct / Early Nov Last year too...

Will do!

Last edited by ///Jason; 01-12-2016 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #7
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:

I have one on order for July production. My location says I live in the Netherlands, and I do, but I'm British and my order is placed with a UK dealer. It will be a UK car.

I'm still in two minds as to whether to take my M2 though. The PCP figures aren't very attractive at all, and to me an M3/M4 is so much more car for the money, and with the finance offers available on those then you can get one for virtually the same cost.

I'm going to the Brussels Motor Show on Thursday to see the M2 in real life. It will be in LBB I suspect, and that's the colour I've ordered it in.

On a side note, I saw LBB on an X5 M at the weekend. I have seen the colour in real life before, but that was 9 months ago and I didn't really take much notice. People who have ordered LBB need to see it in real life first if they can. The photos are not realistic at all, and it's in fact TURQUOISE not blue. I still like the colour, but I have yet to see a photo on line showing the true likeness.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
I have one on order for July production. My location says I live in the Netherlands, and I do, but I'm British and my order is placed with a UK dealer. It will be a UK car.

I'm still in two minds as to whether to take my M2 though. The PCP figures aren't very attractive at all, and to me an M3/M4 is so much more car for the money, and with the finance offers available on those then you can get one for virtually the same cost.

I'm going to the Brussels Motor Show on Thursday to see the M2 in real life. It will be in LBB I suspect, and that's the colour I've ordered it in.

On a side note, I saw LBB on an X5 M at the weekend. I have seen the colour in real life before, but that was 9 months ago and I didn't really take much notice. People who have ordered LBB need to see it in real life first if they can. The photos are not realistic at all, and it's in fact TURQUOISE not blue. I still like the colour, but I have yet to see a photo on line showing the true likeness.
Hi Mat,

Cool, I know what you mean on the M3/4 pricing, currently the M2 residuals are pretty poor and have the usual launch 6.2& APR I posted a few days back. I'm hoping my timeframe 2108 might help with that, will see how it goes. A few pics are up from Brussels already on the M2 board and yup, surprise (!) you guessed it ... LBB. Similar for me too, I saw an LBB X6M locally and thought the colour was not for me. After getting BSM on my M4 though I'm definitely getting any future M cars in an M specific colour.
      01-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #9
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Mat,

Cool, I know what you mean on the M3/4 pricing, currently the M2 residuals are pretty poor and have the usual launch 6.2& APR I posted a few days back. I'm hoping my timeframe 2108 might help with that, will see how it goes. A few pics are up from Brussels already on the M2 board and yup, surprise (!) you guessed it ... LBB. Similar for me too, I saw an LBB X6M locally and thought the colour was not for me. After getting BSM on my M4 though I'm definitely getting any future M cars in an M specific colour.
When speccing my car they had a LBB X6M in the showroom so I had a really good look. I've also seen one in the dealer car park too recently.

mofomat your defiantly right it is turquoise. I would say though it has a big range, what I mean by that is it isn't just one shade and varys a lot in different light. However it's nothing like the XCar / Evo videos. I imagine cameras have a hard time depicting the right shade.

Interestingly my dealer still has no finance info.

BTW I've specced LBB as I personally love it. However the biggest head ache for me was the transmission. My Head was saying DCT whereas my heart was saying Manual...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
FHE92
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nothing interesting....

Quote:
Hi Mat,

Quick question when you placed the order did you just have to put a deposit down?

I am in the process of purchasing a house so I do not want any credit checks and such to be done right now as I want the M2 for 2017. I just do not want to wait till after the house purchase in case there is too much of a waiting list come July.

Was it just a matter of putting in a deposit, then walking away?

Much appreciated

FHE92

P.S I have never purchased a car that I had to "wait" for hence the question
      03-18-2016, 09:53 AM   #11
playitfunky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I'm not sure I could wait until 2018! But if that's the timeline for your next car then good to know it's in the bag I guess.
I ordered about a week after launch (uk) and it's expected week 26, end of June. Manual black. I was 3rd on the original deposits list but first to commit and sign the order (you snooze you loose!). I'm not sure how it affects your credit file, I'm not taking any BMW or dealer credit. It does seem a bit of a lottery for the first batch of orders. I don't expect to see or drive one before getting mine which is all a bit bizarre!
      03-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHE92 View Post
Quick question when you placed the order did you just have to put a deposit down?

I am in the process of purchasing a house so I do not want any credit checks and such to be done right now as I want the M2 for 2017. I just do not want to wait till after the house purchase in case there is too much of a waiting list come July.

Was it just a matter of putting in a deposit, then walking away?

Much appreciated

FHE92

P.S I have never purchased a car that I had to "wait" for hence the question
Yes a returnable £1000 deposit for me. Some have placed £500.

Highly doubt any credit checks whatsoever at that stage, only when you sign up the finance.
      03-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #13
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitfunky View Post
I'm not sure I could wait until 2018! But if that's the timeline for your next car then good to know it's in the bag I guess.
I ordered about a week after launch (uk) and it's expected week 26, end of June. Manual black. I was 3rd on the original deposits list but first to commit and sign the order (you snooze you loose!). I'm not sure how it affects your credit file, I'm not taking any BMW or dealer credit. It does seem a bit of a lottery for the first batch of orders. I don't expect to see or drive one before getting mine which is all a bit bizarre!
Well its come forward a bit if 2018 was a ref to my original post. Current allocation is now for Week 49 this year! Bit too soon for me actually but I'm thinking it over.
      03-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #14
FHE92
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes a returnable £1000 deposit for me. Some have placed £500.

Highly doubt any credit checks whatsoever at that stage, only when you sign up the finance.
Hi,

Thanks for that Chris.

I am guessing that would be within a few months of you actually receiving the car (a few months before).

Just want to get my name in there (for the baby M) without messing up my mortgage with stupid checks!!!

Thanks a mil
      03-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
FHE92
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well its come forward a bit if 2018 was a ref to my original post. Current allocation is now for Week 49 this year! Bit too soon for me actually but I'm thinking it over.
If you do decide that week 49 is too early for you, I wouldn't mind having it then

End of this year is actually perfect as week 47 is my bday