BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Safejack - safely and easily lifting the BMW

07-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
debug
Rep
Drives: m2 competition

Safejack - safely and easily lifting the BMW

I bought these jack stands about 2 years ago and have really enjoyed their versatility and safety features for easily lifting my cars to do routine maintenance.

Recently, I had to wait about one month to receive the BMW lift point adapters from the Safejack company due to COVID19 affecting the company’s operations. Nonetheless, after I received them, I lifted the car with the new adapters to verify a good fit of the adapters into the jack points under the car. As you can see, the fit is perfect. What I enjoy most of these stands is how lifting the car with a jack and securing it with a stand, all in one process, is so easy, not to mention the robust construction providing a very solid base.

I store my two stands in a large, Harbor Freight canvas tool bag, which makes transporting the stands very easily to car meets. The interchangeable lift point adapters also make these versatile to use on other cars.

Recommendations:
1. Low profile jack.
2. Factory ride height setting, otherwise you will need to lift the car first with a jack, place a 2x6 board under the front wheel in order to create space under the lift point and the Safejack adapter.

Appreciate 2