BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *new product launch* valvetronic designs equal length (finally!)

10-09-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Talking *new product launch* valvetronic designs equal length (finally!)

The philosophy: Roughly 2 years ago, a massive breakthrough was achieved in the F8x exhaust market. The wide acceptance and production of equal length exhaust configurations allowed for huge improvements in the sound characteristics of what is admittedly a wonderful engine. At this time we released our equal length valved exhaust setup for the platform, and having served enthusiasts around the world with this much improved sound experience, we knew that there was even better sound lurking and it would take us continual development over the past 16 months to truly unlock it. Welcome everyone to our newest creation for the F87 M2 competition platform.

The development: We set ourselves quite a lofty goal, make a stock turbo S55 sound as good or better than a single turbo car. The same goal as our F8x M3/M4 system. Our developments lead us to configure the exhaust system to give that ideal experience. This full system is comprised of an equal length midsection and a single 3.5 inch valved rear section. The midsection utilizes an H pipe in order to give that low RPM rawness that is often missing in other equal length exhaust setups. The exhaust gases are then funneled into a single 3.5 inch rear section that runs unrestricted back to the exhaust tips. As we have learned in our G8x developments, this single configuration helps smooth the sound and provide that 997 GT3 type sound as the revs climb. When operating in the open valves mode, the exhaust gases travel unrestricted out of the exhaust system for the most pure sound experience. When operating with the valves closed, exhaust gases are directed into our quad chambered muffler in order to lower sound levels drastically and eliminate drone.

The sound: A few members of our team have F8x S55 powered vehicles and there is a general complaint that with an equal length exhaust configuration you lose a lot of the rawness that is present on other non-equal length systems. I'm sure you all can reference the first time you heard a “straight piped” F8x and how loud it was. Although this system is not as loud as this, there is an important value placed on the ultimate decibels of the exhaust system and this setup delivers. In our testing this exhaust has similar volume level as the BMW M Performance Exhaust. Utilizing the H pipe configuration restores the rawness down low while enhancing the sound as the RPMs build. The system still retains some rasp, but the single rear section combined with the H pipe enhances the rasp and gives the S55 a very exotic exhaust note.

We are very proud to better serve the community with a sound setup that is truly world class. The F87 M2 Competition holds a very special place in our hearts. It is such a brilliant little car but just missed that perfect sound. With this setup the car has no excuses. If you are interested in getting your car setup with this system, preorders will be live on our website and through Valvetronic Designs Dealers. System will be available in both T304 stainless steel or titanium. Let us know your thoughts or if you have any questions. We are here to help!

PRODUCT LINK
https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...348ba688&_ss=r

GROUP BUY INFORMATION:

Each person will be responsible for paying the full price of the product upfront on our website: https://valvetronic.com. Or from of one of our Authorized dealers! Please note that the deadline for this deal is: November 15th, 2023 .

Systems will be delivered on a rolling pre-order basis. At the time of posting we have systems in stock! Upon receiving and installing the unit, each person is responsible for making one YouTube clip. This clip is then to be sent to us where we will refund you the correct amount, depending on the number of pre-orders placed (see details below). Once all group buy information has been collected on November 15th , you will be able to email us your video in exchange for your refund. Please email it to: Marketing@valvetronic.com. Videos can be posted immediately upon install

- To be part of the group buy, Individuals MUST put:
“Valvetronic F87C group buy" in the order notes on our website.

- Individuals will title their email:
Order #xxxxx refund requested for video upload

- Videos are to be titled:
BMW XXX with Valvetronic Designs equal length exhaust+ XXX Downpipes - SOUND CLIP

Videos must be over 2 minutes long, filmed horizontal (iPhone clips are completely fine) Showcasing the sound experience: Startup, revs, pulls, flybys

The person with the most views on their video will receive their exhaust system for FREE- that's right, FREE!! Multiple videos are allowed, whichever one has the highest views. (Minimum of 25 people entered) Deadline of December 30TH 2023

Now to the good stuff:

The MSRP for the system are as follows and the discount amount will be based purely on number of systems sold:

Stainless Steel System
Starting MSRP $3199 + Shipping

Full TITANIUM system
MSRP: $4699.00 (Grade 5 Titanium full system) + Shipping

Discount breakdown based off number of systems sold:

5+ units: 10% off
10+ units: 15% off
25+ units: 20% off
50+ units: 25% off
100+ units: 30% off

deadline to submit content December 31st 2023

Thank you all for your continued support of Valvetronic Designs. Should any of you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to myself or my team, We hear to answer whatever you need.

It makes us proud to have to opportunity to serve you.

- Austin

STOCK DOWNPIPES

FREE FLOW DOWNPIPES
Attached Images

Last edited by Valvetronic Designs; 10-09-2023 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
fleetfoot120.00
(K)1278.00
      10-09-2023, 10:26 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 05:24 PM   #3
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Wow I have the AA EL Res + Remus Race, and just when I was considering getting High Flow Cats to get more character in the 2-4K RPMs, Valvetronic comes up with this.
I always wanted to combine the Equal length + Single midpipes, exactly for the reasons you mention- deep grumble down low + High inline six pitch up top.
Good to see development of the F87!

Any difference in sound between Ti and SS?
I saw some clips of the F80 setup as well, what differences do you see with the F87 version?

Also, I cannot find the product link on the website!
      10-09-2023, 05:31 PM   #4
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
Wow I have the AA EL Res + Remus Race, and just when I was considering getting High Flow Cats to get more character in the 2-4K RPMs, Valvetronic comes up with this.
I always wanted to combine the Equal length + Single midpipes, exactly for the reasons you mention- deep grumble down low + High inline six pitch up top.
Good to see development of the F87!

Any difference in sound between Ti and SS?
I saw some clips of the F80 setup as well, what differences do you see with the F87 version?

Also, I cannot find the product link on the website!

Here you go!
https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...348ba688&_ss=r

The titanium adds an even more exotic flare to the S55. It's a very unique experience. If you want the ultimate beauty piece, and the best sound experience definitely rock titanium. If it's a bit much, the stainless is still incredible option! Videos are stainless steel.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 10:49 PM   #5
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

i really wish there were exhaust sound clips of the fully titanium setup. I wanna hear what our cars sound like as titanium exhausts usually change the sound a lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 11:44 PM   #6
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Curious about the sound of the titanium version as well. Do you also have any plans for 2x2 weave carbon tips?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 11:31 AM   #7
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
i really wish there were exhaust sound clips of the fully titanium setup. I wanna hear what our cars sound like as titanium exhausts usually change the sound a lot.
We will be posting clips in a few weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Curious about the sound of the titanium version as well. Do you also have any plans for 2x2 weave carbon tips?
No plans for 2x2 at this time, we find the 1x1 matches to diffusers best!
Appreciate 2
(K)1278.00
      10-10-2023, 10:23 PM   #8
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

Another question any plans on having an equal-length midpipe system that is sold individually? I'd be willing to pay more for a titanium system and I don't like the fact that the only EL midpipe system on the market is the AA system.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 10:41 AM   #9
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Glad you made a new design. Im sure this one sounds great. Also liking the new connection cuts and joints vs the old version.

I dont know if the new ones are made differently but the resin on my old Valvetronic CF tips all bubbled after a few track days.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 10:46 AM   #10
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Glad you made a new design. Im sure this one sounds great. Also liking the new connection cuts and joints vs the old version.

I dont know if the new ones are made differently but the resin on my old Valvetronic CF tips all bubbled after a few track days.
tips have also been upgraded to be able to withstand higher temperatures. please reachout so we can get you setup with new tips for your system 🤘
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #11
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Any input on if the tips can fit flush with the bumper? Pics would be even more helpful.
Coldstart videos would be nice too!
On the verge of ordering for the group buy but need to confirm the above two!
      10-16-2023, 01:41 PM   #12
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The tips can be flush!
Cold start is very similar to our F80 setup! Nice and quiet with the valve closed but pretty aggressive with it open
Appreciate 1
drp087233.00
      10-17-2023, 04:21 PM   #13
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Just throwing my hat in the ring, *if* just a mid pipe (x pipe?) Is ever released, I would be on board. I'm certain the sound wouldn't nearly be as good as the full system but I'm having a hard time giving up my current setup.

My biggest hangup with this gorgeous system is the backbox and tip design and only because I have the Akrapovic Evolution system installed. If I had to start from scratch, I would have this new Valvetronic unit.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #14
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Just throwing my hat in the ring, *if* just a mid pipe (x pipe?) Is ever released, I would be on board. I'm certain the sound wouldn't nearly be as good as the full system but I'm having a hard time giving up my current setup.

My biggest hangup with this gorgeous system is the backbox and tip design and only because I have the Akrapovic Evolution system installed. If I had to start from scratch, I would have this new Valvetronic unit.
We totally understand your concerns regarding the aesthetics of the system, but we have focused very hard on providing the ultimate experience to the M2 competition owners. The Exhaust tips are able to sit flush with the diffuser, and the rear muffler is only visible if viewing the car very low from the rear. The Akra system is most definitely a beautiful set, but you’re definitely sacrificing lots of sound for the aesthetic.

this set up will only ever be sold as a full system, as we believe in providing the sound solution for the platform. This system has been developed from day one as a full set to deliver 2 main sound objectives: the first of which giving you the deepness at low RPMs what’s a single rear, and a high pitch F1 sound with the equal length.

Once you put the system on and accelerate hard in second gear for the first time, you’ll forget all about that Akra system 🤘
Appreciate 1
(K)1278.00
      10-20-2023, 09:46 AM   #15
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I think you’d have way more purchases overall if you made a version that was able to connect towards the end with the many other muffler systems out there. That way you leave the choice up to the buyer.

Essentially just offering an option with dual connecting pipes that go after the H connection right before it merges into one pipe and the muffler starts. No muffler would need to be included either of course in this option.

That being said your system sounds absolutely amazing, I’ve personally just never been a fan of having an exhaust side that just sits there and no noise comes out of (unless in efficient, but who wants it in efficient &#128526.
Appreciate 1
drp087233.00
      10-20-2023, 11:39 AM   #16
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I think the product intent was to add properties of Equal Length, H-pipe, AND a Single midpipe all into one system, and as a result it did need to go beyond the typical midpipe end point. Now if this has any effects on performance is another story.
It does sound awesome in theory and even videos uploaded, but I think people will be more willing to commit to the entire system with more video or photo content. I think the key pointers were:

1. SS vs Ti sounds
2. Pictures or videos of how far the tips can be pushed in
3. Videos of normal low RPM driving

I get into the details since I am 90% happy with my current setup, just looking to fill that 10%, but afraid there might be some downsides.
I guess these were all intended for actual customers to purchase and upload, but not sure how long that will take.
      10-20-2023, 11:45 AM   #17
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
I think the product intent was to add properties of Equal Length, H-pipe, AND a Single midpipe all into one system, and as a result it did need to go beyond the typical midpipe end point. Now if this has any effects on performance is another story.
It does sound awesome in theory and even videos uploaded, but I think people will be more willing to commit to the entire system with more video or photo content. I think the key pointers were:

1. SS vs Ti sounds

I get into the details since I am 90% happy with my current setup, just looking to fill that 10%, but afraid there might be some downsides.
I guess these were all intended for actual customers to purchase and upload, but not sure how long that will take.

yeah I think they need to do a little more work to get people to part with their $3-5k.
Appreciate 1
drp087233.00
      10-22-2023, 12:19 PM   #18
MyM2See
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

i still think spending 3-5k for an exhaust is insane for these types of cars.

get catless DPs, paint stock exhaust nutsack, get a tune, and call it a day.

having said that, it does sound great.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 03:09 PM   #19
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM2See View Post
i still think spending 3-5k for an exhaust is insane for these types of cars.

get catless DPs, paint stock exhaust nutsack, get a tune, and call it a day.

having said that, it does sound great.

it is true that exhaust systems for these cars are super expensive, I think its a combo of its a relatively expensive car so we can price higher but also not that many cars out there so have to charge more per set to make it worth developing and producing.

Exhaust is not super on my priority list and its behind suspension and other things but its a nice weight save as well so you save some weight, get better sound and hide the utter
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2023, 02:58 PM   #20
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

1. SS vs Ti sounds

This makes sense!
We are hoping all of those who have ordered will be able to share their experiences very soon. There is more info on the website as well as pictures! So much interest and excitement around this system 🤘
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 05:20 PM   #21
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvetronic Designs View Post
The tips can be flush!
Cold start is very similar to our F80 setup! Nice and quiet with the valve closed but pretty aggressive with it open
Maybe I missed it but I don't see any pictures of the system with the exhaust tips sitting flush to the rear bumper? Can you please post these up and/or explain how they can be adjusted?

Thanks!
Appreciate 2
MooMooM21819.00
drp087233.00
      10-26-2023, 11:11 PM   #22
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yea I was hoping for the same, with more details on the few things. I even listed them like this
1. SS vs Ti sounds

but I guess they just don't have any more content to share.

So I decided to just do it myself! Haha just ordered with Mike@x-ph. Hoping I can get it shipped, installed, and filmed/edited before 11/15 so anyone on the fence can have a better idea.

Anyone else have their order in?