BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Aftermarket valve controller commands

07-02-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Aftermarket valve controller commands

Bought my car with an MPE already installed, it was installed at the port and listed on the window sticker, but the Bluetooth remote and module are missing from the car, leading me to believe that another valve controller might be installed. Can anyone tell me some of the "default" ways aftermarket controllers operate the valves so I can give them a try?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 09:07 PM   #2
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Bought my car with an MPE already installed, it was installed at the port and listed on the window sticker, but the Bluetooth remote and module are missing from the car, leading me to believe that another valve controller might be installed. Can anyone tell me some of the "default" ways aftermarket controllers operate the valves so I can give them a try?
Some popular ones connect to your home link system/garage door opener on the rear view mirror, but most come with a key fob style remote, another popular one plugs into the OBD port but has to stay plugged in so you would see it if you look down there. You can also open the flaps with Bimmercode/BimmerLink and the app on your phone if I'm not mistaken.

What do you think about the exhaust so far?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX102 View Post
Some popular ones connect to your home link system/garage door opener on the rear view mirror, but most come with a key fob style remote, another popular one plugs into the OBD port but has to stay plugged in so you would see it if you look down there. You can also open the flaps with Bimmercode/BimmerLink and the app on your phone if I'm not mistaken.

What do you think about the exhaust so far?
Right but the Homelink version, for example, which buttons do you press and in what sequence? Same with the BC button versions.

OBD port is open so that's out.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 09:40 PM   #4
f87CSdrifterential
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

This is an example of a homelink controller if it was programmed to the homelink buttons.

https://x-ph.com/cg-precision-vsc-2-...nd-controller/

You will visibly be able to see it under your car at an exhaust hanger mounting point.

If it is programmed to a homelink button simply press and hold each of the buttons 1 by 1 like you are opening a garage door, pausing in between while the car is running.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #5
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, '23 Bronco Raptor

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
What year is your car? Later years did not come with a controller and the MPE valves open via Sport/S+ modes.

Edit: Apologies, I think I missed the point of the original post. My bad.