BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Jerky acceleration from standstill in sport+

06-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #45
vtms
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
I suppose it's quite hot in Phoenix now ? Check the air/water intercooler, it's known to develop leaks on the S55...
When it does your intake temperature goes to the roof which can cause what you describe, and you're not always warned by a CEL
It sure is hot, but this is the second summer here with my M2 and never had a problem during the previous summer. It only happened after the recent oil change. How would I check the air/water intercooler?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #46
vtms
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Have you got access to a fault reader? Lots of minor faults won't triggger CEL but might indicate an issue.

Maybe the dealer checked that, did they confirm?

Is it sluggish from cold, or just when hot?
They actually never checked it with any equipment, just a mechanic test drove it with me to see if anything was obviously wrong, but he didn't know how the car drove before so it was kind of pointless. I don't have a fault reader, except one provided by my car insurance and it doesn't show any errors. The engine is sluggish from cold and hot as far as can tell. So weird. I still think they reset something maybe by accident at the dealership during oil change, but won't tell me.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 04:12 PM   #47
Oliv
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 6mt LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtms View Post
It sure is hot, but this is the second summer here with my M2 and never had a problem during the previous summer. It only happened after the recent oil change. How would I check the air/water intercooler?
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=24

check the level in the coolant tank pictured above
Not very common on a nearly new car but - hey - it's a 30 seconds check
      06-24-2022, 12:25 AM   #48
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Doubt it's the intecooler water level. I drove mine empty and it made no difference to performance at all unless you drove it hard and the engine was hot.

No warnings either unless the intake temp was too high.
Appreciate 0