BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M2 Competition Winter Wheels & Tires Without Breaking the Bank

01-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #1
ozmartini
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C

M2 Competition Winter Wheels & Tires Without Breaking the Bank

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post this because I just had such a hard time finding wheels that fit this car that aren't $400 plus (USA BBK spec). Idk if it's just me, but I for the life of me couldn't find any aftermarket options anywhere that were cheaper than what BMW offered (around 4 grand for the set at my dealer). But, after 4 attempts at fitting wheels, I finally found something that clears the breaks without any bad rub. This is a square setup:

19x9 Velox Apex with +20 offset: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/velox-apex

245/35 R19 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...in-pa4/p/24283

After heavy discounts, I was able to get the set WITH warranty on both wheels and tires, hardware, sensors for $2800. Still not cheap, but definitely a better deal IMO.

The one downside is that there IS very slight rub on my car when the wheel is turned 2/3rds that goes away after it's fully cranked. I know this may be a dealbreaker for some, but honestly it's so slight that I'm sure it's going to go away next season when I rotate the tires.

Attached some images of how they look on my car (they're not the best).

Keep in mind that while they do clear the breaks it's only by the same margin that the stock wheels do (meaning paper-thin clearance).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0