BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS Gets 450 HP (Specs and Info From Exclusive Preview Event)

09-17-2019, 10:15 PM   #67
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Parts bin car like the 1M
Cash grab by BMW
Pretty dumb...I'm sure it will, maybe, sell well if they don't price it at $85k
Looks like money might be going towards the C8! Bye BMW?
But the 1m was so successful ,

Looks like this old bulletin was pretty spot on::
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1209.00
as7920597.00
      09-17-2019, 10:26 PM   #68
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
I know... S55 is + 55KG
I was under the impression the weight in the EU of a M2 Comp is 1.550kg..? So if these numbers are correct and the info guy was also correct, then this would mean the manual M2 CS would have lost 50kg. Sounds realistic.
50kg equates to at least 100 pounds so not too bad. Basically 40 more horsepower and the weight of the OG M2, so not bad at all.

Looking forward to this car. I need a DCT so I can't consider a GT4. 911 Carrera S starts at $113K base before options which would take it to $130K with reasonable options. $130K is a bit much for me now as it would for most people. So M2 CS is the right car for me.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50
      09-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #69
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

So just to confirm...the carbon splitters etc are exactly the same as the ones you can buy from the m performance catalogue?
Ones on the mule looked different to my eyes
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:51 PM   #70
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

No rear fold seats no arm rest no buy, not that I was in the market anyway.

Let's hope the CF roof makes us way to last model year base m2.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:31 AM   #71
2nd chance
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

So, yesterday I was @ a preview...

One of the BMW guys made me promise not to spill the beans... I am a man of my word.

Multiple previews, excellent food, very friendly BMW- "crew".
Thank you BMW Belux for another great evening!

The car looked great! really! That is all I have to say about that
Appreciate 2
Artemis29276.50
      09-18-2019, 01:37 AM   #72
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
...............more "wet" carbon and the normal CS touches as seen in the M4 CS. The CS seats sit really good and are also available in manual adjustment.........
So is the dry carbon from the regular M2/M2C completely replaced by wet laquered carbon or the same with extra wet bits?

So that also means OG M2 and M2 LCI with manual seats could now have the M4 Comp seats from M2 CS? As M2 Comp are electric only? That would be good.

For me the appeal of the M2 CS is the Adaptive suspension. Combined with all the other changes it would be a worthwhile upgrade however it sounds as though it will just be too expensive and late in the day. Slow drawn out relase for a car beginning to look old by 1er, 3er, 8er standards. Especially the dated interior.

And it's not even available for at least another 6 months?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #73
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe following the ‘successes’ of the track only edition they’ll release a very very limited 100 run out of CSL’s off the back of that
We can dream...
Still excited to see the CS, but given there are at least 10 M4CS’s in the AUC here in the UK I see them headed the same way.
And would I choose an M2CS over an M4CS...mmmmhmmmm
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:25 AM   #74
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
Maybe following the 'successes' of the track only edition they'll release a very very limited 100 run out of CSL's off the back of that
We can dream...
Still excited to see the CS, but given there are at least 10 M4CS's in the AUC here in the UK I see them headed the same way.
And would I choose an M2CS over an M4CS...mmmmhmmmm
I doubt we'll ever see a CLS M2 run; it would cost too much resources to reduce the weight and would not be worth their while, in a return investment.

And according to an interview I read recently, one of M show-runners said they currently have not desire for a halo car and don't really need one to push the brand.

The M2 CS is the pinnacle of the F series model, for a street-ready vehicle.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      09-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #75
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-on-Cars View Post
bmwusa.com listed 6MT m2c curb weight of 3600 lbs, which is 1633 kg.
I thoroughly test drove an M2C DCT, and I am amazed by it.
Now imagine an M2C minus 130KG, and 40 more hp. Yummy...
My M2C DCT EU version(OPF, blue brakes, M2C seats non electric, 788 wheels) weighs about 1615kg (3558 lbs est) with about half a tank of fuel.

FWIW

Edit it will never ever lose 130kgs by only the wheels and carbon stuff, I guess even 65kgs is already wishful thinking. But I hope so. For that pricetag (130/140k euros overhere) it must be something 'special' , but don't expect a Caterham

I'd go for a GT4 PDK!

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 09-18-2019 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 04:14 AM   #76
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
So is the dry carbon from the regular M2/M2C completely replaced by wet laquered carbon or the same with extra wet bits?
I did not see any dry carbon anymore...the carbon on the dash has been replaced with alcantara insert with CS logo (like on the M4 CS). There is also extra wet carbon on certain areas. I think the interior with the extra carbon and extra alcantara looks really nice and suits the M2 CS. Red stitching may not be to everyones taste, but it fits the car and I think would look great on a black car.

Quote:
So that also means OG M2 and M2 LCI with manual seats could now have the M4 Comp seats from M2 CS? As M2 Comp are electric only? That would be good.
In theory that would be correct, but I think those manual seats would be rather expensive when buying as a part and also the red stichting wil not match the rest of your interior (and you lose lumbar support if you have this option on your OG or LCI M2)

Quote:
For me the appeal of the M2 CS is the Adaptive suspension. Combined with all the other changes it would be a worthwhile upgrade however it sounds as though it will just be too expensive and late in the day. Slow drawn out relase for a car beginning to look old by 1er, 3er, 8er standards. Especially the dated interior.

And it's not even available for at least another 6 months?
Late in the day...hmm that is something I don't think so. The most special cars always come at the end. Then you could also say this about the 1M, the M3 CSL, F458 speciale, or when Porsche releases a GT3RS at the end of the lifetime of that current 911 model.
      09-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #77
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post

I'd go for a GT4 PDK!
But what about the situation when you can only have (or store) one car, also needed the practicality of back seats and you wanted something great for everyday street and track...what would you buy then?
      09-18-2019, 04:55 AM   #78
bogeyman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf GTD. GR Yaris CP incoming

How many of you that went to the preview plan to put an order in?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:00 AM   #79
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

I have seen the car and i love it tho i wish it would have something special with the rear lights like the M4CS. And remove the door bins, and add the straps thats what makes the CS stands out.

I have all carbon parts on my M2C and it looks just as good. The M2 CS did not have the Carbon side fender nor did it have the Carbon fins at the rear wheels. The hood is very very nice!!

Currently i don’t know if it’s worth it upgrading from my M2C in hockenheim silver to the M2CS in misano blue. Owning the M2C for around 3 months

Also why are so many people talking about a CSL? Is there any info this might come?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #80
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Parts bin car like the 1M
Cash grab by BMW
Pretty dumb...I'm sure it will, maybe, sell well if they don't price it at $85k
Looks like money might be going towards the C8! Bye BMW?
This is not like the 1M, IMO.

The difference is that the M2 CS and M2C are essentially similar. The M2CS just adds cosmetics and light power to the package.

The 1M, as compared to the previous 135, was very different dynamically (suspension, steering, brakes, body panels, etc etc etc) as well as being manual only, no sunroof, etc.

Also the 1M was the cheapest M car EVER offered ($47K and limited production). This M2CS isn't 'cheap' or even affordable at all.

I would say the OG M2 was the closest philosophical car to the 1M; except they made a bazillion of them and offered transmission choices etc which took it away from the singular vision.

All the M2s are good, though...
      09-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #81
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
But what about the situation when you can only have (or store) one car, also needed the practicality of back seats and you wanted something great for everyday street and track...what would you buy then?
Model3 Performance.

No I'd keep my M2C off course.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #82
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Are the only new parts the hood and spoiler?

I was really hoping they would have developed more parts for my M2C.

Really suprised that they seemed to have just bolted on M Performance parts. Is that what they did for the M3CS and M4CS?
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #83
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Dear forum fellows,
This message to inform you that earlier this evening, people in charge of the M2 CS preview event in Brussels (BMW Belux) did not authorize me to disclose information about the M2 CS on display.
At the beginning of the event, I reached out to people in charge of this event to ask them whether they would mind that, after the event, I'd post a detailed write-up on Bimmerpost about the M2 CS on display. I ensured that I would not take pictures.
In a courteous conversation they explained that they did not want me to disclose information. They expressed their appreciation that I had reached out to them with my request. One of them gave me his business card.
I understand their point of view and will respect their decision. As a guest with good manners, I am grateful for having had the opportunity to see the M2 CS up close and will abide/observe the host's non-disclosure decision. I will share my thoughts at a later stage (after the official M2 CS release).
Sorry, but it is what it is. Let's respect that.
Cheers,
-A-
Very glad to have met you there Artemis.
Appreciate 1
Artemis29276.50
      09-18-2019, 07:59 AM   #84
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
How many of you that went to the preview plan to put an order in?
Reserving was possible against advance. So did I. Not the same as putting an order. Final price will be announced later.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #85
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Misano blue with gold wheels and red calipers? Shall we call it the M2 Clown Series from now on? Who came up with that color combo?

Especially, since the Beaver Motor Werke now also decided to release that Concept 4 with its massive Beaver grille, which was a concept definitely not 4 me, and not 4 anyone else either. They really have lost the plot on design, haven't they?

Happy I am not getting that M2 CS, because anything I might like from the CS I can order at the warehouse department of my local BMW dealer or via Leebmann.de, and install it into my own M2C which is extremely close to M2 CS spec by the end of the year.

All in all a logical model for BMW M to have released. 2200 pieces at 78,5 EUR netto / 80K USD is a though one to get sold all. They won't fly out of the door in a market with 2nd hand GT3's and GT4's around you.

Especially when you think might have taken off max 60 kgs or so, and the car still doesn't have a decent suspension set up for the track. Only thing I want from that car is the steering file, the ECU tune and the gearbox calibration file. Those are really the only things I am interested in. 450 hp is enough, and nobody build better steering and gearbox files than BMW M.

Great job for the collectors though. They will love it among their other limited Bimmers in the garage. I am getting myself a GP3 and X3 M40i as a daily instead.

I do have a few questions though for you guys here:

1. That M Performance exhaust is not homologated in Europe. I don't think Europeans are able to order it and they will have the standard M2C exhaust with carbon tail pipes. They could homologated it of course, but then why is it not available as an aftermarket part via European dealers already right now. Interesting!

2. Why didn't they not install the full wing and the carbon trunk???

3. People are stating that there is a new bonnet like the M4 GTS. Good news, let's wait and see how it looks. Maybe it will available as a M Performance part instead of the current bonnet. Let's wait and see.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 09-18-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 5
EthanEJC199.50
HR9970.00
m20e30871144.00
Tag18122.00
JustChris17483.00
      09-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #86
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
It was a fun event and it was really nice to meet the living M encyclopedia Artemis. Walking around the M2 CS with him and he pointing me out all the details + telling me detailed stuff about the car was a real pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Very glad to have met you there Artemis.
The pleasure is all mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd chance View Post
So, yesterday I was @ a preview...
One of the BMW guys made me promise not to spill the beans... I am a man of my word.
Multiple previews, excellent food, very friendly BMW- "crew".
Thank you BMW Belux for another great evening!
The car looked great! really! That is all I have to say about that
Same situation for me. No write-up and not answering questions either until official release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
No offence to the OP
Waiting for Artemis to describe what he saw
No offense taken...Artemis might however have his vision blurred by the champagne, crowd and light show
I can disclose that I settled for exactly 1 glass of pear juice. Question for you dgm3 about vision: as it seems that you saw things without crowd during the day (hours before the event started), don't tell me that you missed the Very Interesting Night that your eyes could have witnessed ?
      09-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #87
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Are any of those who went able to confirm or deny the weight saving figures quoted....?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #88
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Just as I thought, parts bin special money grabber..
Go checkout what the parts bin special 1Ms are trading at
This car - at 2200 world wide should be a keeper, be sure to get 6MT
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1209.00
Dackelone10527.50