BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New owner soon...(i hope)

02-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

New owner soon...(i hope)

First i want to thank everyone for putting up with a BMW n00b and answering all my questions to the best of your abilities. I decided at that point that i was going to wait on my M2C for about a year and go with a 2021, trade the lease in early and then put a nice big downpayment down on the car to lower my monthly.

And then the dealership that i got my 230i from came back to me with an offer. He found the exact car i want (BSM, 6MT, no Exec Pkg) and priced right where i wanted it. (58,000$). He then proceeded to tell me that he would still give me the same trade in value on my lease that he offered back when the car had 1400 miles on it. Currently the 230i has almost 2200 so this came as a surprise as theres almost 1000 more miles than when i got the trade quote.

The only caveat was that the car he found was in transit, but he didnt know why and so far noone had claimed it. He wrote up a proposal and all the numbers looked good on my end (i like to do my own calculations and if my numbers match with the dealership then its good for me) and all i had to do was sign the pricing form to lock in my trade value and pricing.

I did that and now i'm just waiting on confirmation that the car has been reserved for me.

THE WAIT IS UNBEARABLE. I'm so close to having my mid-range dream car and at this point i cant stand the suspense. However i'm super excited for this opportunity and i really hope it goes through.

Hopefully soon enough i'll be the proud new owner of a 2020 M2 Competition in exactly the configuration i wanted.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Congrats! I was originally thinking 2021 as well but due to a confluence of (perceived) events I started dealing seriously and ended up with one. Couldn't be happier. Every moment I'm not driving the M2C, I'm dreaming about it or watching youtube videos..LOL!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Congrats! It's hard not to like this beast! I am over a year in with the M2C and think it's one of the best modern daily drivers.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Thank you! I really cant wait till i can finally sit in it and turn it on for the first time. Supposedly i'll hear back by the end of the weekend if i've secured the car or not. I'm really hoping i get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Congrats! I should get mine late March. Hopefully I don’t change my mind before then!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #6
ROBM2C
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C , DATSUN 260z, Porche

Your going to love it ! Remember to take your foot off the pedal at 5Gs ! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Gah i cant wait. Supposedly i'll hear by the end of the weekend if they were able to snag the car for me. Once thats confirmed it'll be about 5-10 days before it gets delivered to my dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #8
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
The only caveat was that the car he found was in transit, but he didnt know why and so far noone had claimed it. He wrote up a proposal and all the numbers looked good on my end (i like to do my own calculations and if my numbers match with the dealership then its good for me) and all i had to do was sign the pricing form to lock in my trade value and pricing.
"he didn't know why and so far no one had claimed it"? Its going to some dealer obviously. They just haven't been able to make a dealer to dealer trade for it.

Curious, the contract they made you sign is for that car (and VIN number) which they haven't been able to secure from another dealer yet? How does that work?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 03:42 AM   #9
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Hahah. Your wait isn’t nearly as nerve wracking as those cats that had to deal with the airbag recall that prevented deliveries. But I still totally emphasize with your anticipation.

Hopefully your car isn’t some filthy car that’s been stuck on a lot and test driven hard af.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 04:42 AM   #10
///MCollection
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C X5M M4

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2 Competi ...  [10.00]
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I'm sure you will get it and they are an awesome car, had mine 6 weeks and don't regret it. I'm sure it won't be treated like crap as most dealers with this amount tied up in a vehicle don't abuse it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #11
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

good luck! this is one of the few cars i’ve owned that i can see myself keeping for a long time. it’s the perfect package for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #12
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
"Curious, the contract they made you sign is for that car (and VIN number) which they haven't been able to secure from another dealer yet? How does that work?
It is contingent on if the dealership can secure the car. All they are doing is confirming the numbers if they can secure the car for you. You are signing saying if you produce this car I will pay XX dollars for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #13
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I feel you. I am going through the same thing. My local dealer found a M2 competition for me in another state. They were unable to secure the car as it was the weekend, but I went in and we worked the numbers and have agreed on the price and trade-in value if they can get the car for me. They are supposed to let me know Monday. I am calm on the outside, but bouncing off the walls on the inside. Huge difference of waiting 2 weeks versus 6 months or more!

I guess it is what it is, if it doesn't work out they know i am immediately ordering pretty much the same build (with less B.S. accessories) and we already have the trade-in numbers worked out. :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #14
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I feel you. I am going through the same thing. My local dealer found a M2 competition for me in another state. They were unable to secure the car as it was the weekend, but I went in and we worked the numbers and have agreed on the price and trade-in value if they can get the car for me. They are supposed to let me know Monday. I am calm on the outside, but bouncing off the walls on the inside. Huge difference of waiting 2 weeks versus 6 months or more!

I guess it is what it is, if it doesn't work out they know i am immediately ordering pretty much the same build (with less B.S. accessories) and we already have the trade-in numbers worked out. :-)
Oh man yeah this is exactly my situation. I'm supposed to be finding out today if they secured the car for me or not. (wait i'm not competing against you am i? =D). I'm just hoping they arent dicking me around and essentially dangling the carrot in front of my face to get me to pay more for a different M2C because they know how much i want this car. If it ends up i dont get this car then i'll actually be waiting till next year to pick up a 2021. Its not the worst decision as it will give me time to save up an even bigger down payment which will make my monthly payments almost as small as my current lease payments which would be amazing.

So right now its fine if i dont get it....but omg i still want it lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It is contingent on if the dealership can secure the car. All they are doing is confirming the numbers if they can secure the car for you. You are signing saying if you produce this car I will pay XX dollars for it.
Yeah exactly. We have a great deal worked out and this is just locking in that deal contingent of the dealership securing the vehicle. I'm supposed to find out today if they did or not. Crossing my fingers.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Good luck

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #17
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

xxyion, any news? My salesman waited until 4:30 pm to finally call me and tell me I got mine!!! Wishing the best and hope you get the same news :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:39 AM   #18
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
xxyion, any news? My salesman waited until 4:30 pm to finally call me and tell me I got mine!!! Wishing the best and hope you get the same news :-)
I did not =(. I emailed him and he emailed me at 7:45pm telling me that the car was sold to someone else before they could secure it. Im a bit perturbed as he told me all they do to secure a vehicle is to email the dealership its located at...thats it...email. Like no wonder i didnt get the car. The corresponding dealership could have very easily ignored the email knowing they were about to get a sale.

You would think that if the guy knew i was ready to buy (i signed the paper) he would do all that he could to make the sale happen. At this point i dont really want to work with him and am currently talking to a dealership further south and seeing if they are willing to give me the same numbers. The only way he can get my business back is if he can get me either a Black Sapphire Metallic or a Hockenheim Silver in MT for the exact same price.

My other option is to take the money i was going to spend on this car, wait a year for the supposed 2021 model and put down an even bigger down payment around the same time next year. Either way it kind of ruined my night as i had spent so much time dealing with this guy and he wasnt even willing to go that extra mile just to pick up the phone and make a 5 minute call.

Regardless i'm really happy at lease one of us got the car we wanted. Part of me is even more determined to get this car in BSM. As much as i love HS, the Black just really speaks to me and i dont know if i even want the HS even if someone were to give me the same deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:39 AM   #19
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry to hear this. I do think you should hold out for the color that you really want. This is a pretty big purchase and you should get exactly what you want even if you have to wait a bit. Not knocking the color, but HS is everywhere. Nice color, but seems to be the norm. Glad to hear we were not competing though, mine is a LBB, MT. IMHO, customer service as a whole has gone down the sh*tter. My sales man pretty much did the same. I had to call the dealership and then found out he had taken the day off, even after ensuring me he would let me know on Monday. I told the dealership that he was supposed to have contacted me and let me know, so they called him and had him call me. I wasn't very pleased with the service I received either. Stick with it and you will persevere. Some times the things you fight hardest for are the most cherished.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #20
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear this. I do think you should hold out for the color that you really want. This is a pretty big purchase and you should get exactly what you want even if you have to wait a bit. Not knocking the color, but HS is everywhere. Nice color, but seems to be the norm. Glad to hear we were not competing though, mine is a LBB, MT. IMHO, customer service as a whole has gone down the sh*tter. My sales man pretty much did the same. I had to call the dealership and then found out he had taken the day off, even after ensuring me he would let me know on Monday. I told the dealership that he was supposed to have contacted me and let me know, so they called him and had him call me. I wasn't very pleased with the service I received either. Stick with it and you will persevere. Some times the things you fight hardest for are the most cherished.

Yeah its honestly surprising. I actually feel like i got better service at my local Subaru dealership and i've already blueballed them 3 times and yet they are still willing to bend over backwards for me. I really expected BMW to offer much better service considering i'm purchasing a car twice as expensive as the WRX i was looking at.

The dealership i was working with is an AutoNation dealership so i know they basically have access to their entire nationwide inventory. The guy told me that this was the only one in the spec that he found, and yet i just did a 5 minute search this morning and found two for cheaper than he already quoted me. I'm going to try to push him to get one of these but if he doesnt then i'm pretty much done with this dealership.

I do agree with you though, i feel like when i finally do get it, it will make driving it feel that much more enjoyable. I'm going to stick to my guns and get the color i want. I do like HS, but you're right, its everywhere and if i'm spending this kinda money, then i better damn well get what i want.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #21
MyBimmer328
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

I would approach this from two angles at this point. You have already covered one by contacting another dealership. The other one would be to go meet face to face with the sales manager and explain what happened while requesting they find another in the same spec ASAP. Then sit back and wait to see who comes through first...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #22
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBimmer328 View Post
I would approach this from two angles at this point. You have already covered one by contacting another dealership. The other one would be to go meet face to face with the sales manager and explain what happened while requesting they find another in the same spec ASAP. Then sit back and wait to see who comes through first...
Hmm good point. I probably should just walk in at this point. Especially seeing as how they told me they could get the car and we talked numbers and i signed a price agreement already. I'll see if i can do that this weekend.
Appreciate 0