BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS spy pics and videos!

08-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #969
MrMiaogi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
The 4th picture on the 3rd row, can someone explain what those buttons are near the manual stick? I have an OG M2, as I was just wondering what the buttons are?
If you mean those 3 buttons to the left of the stick, from top to bottom, they are throttle response, adaptive suspension and steering wheel response. Below all that is the parking sensor. Above all that is DSC/MDM off button.
Appreciate 2
clee1982797.50
JTO245274.50
      08-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #970
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

What button changes to sport plus, throttle response?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #971
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
That interior reminds me on mine 15' F80 M3

CS should have better material, like Alcantara
I'm curious to understand why people like better Alcantara rather than leather. I don't like the touch feeling, it attract dust and it's a pure industrial product. When it was designed is was supposed to be cheaper than leather (cost production is actually cheaper than leather) and now is priced as a luxury product which is not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)
I am sorry but when I take the car like CS to a track I don't want leather!!!

I want something where I won't slide off the seat taking a hard turn and end up in passenger seat.

Leather is for luxury product that doesn't belong to this car but higher Bmw class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious to understand why people like better Alcantara rather than leather. I don't like the touch feeling, it attract dust and it's a pure industrial product. When it was designed is was supposed to be cheaper than leather (cost production is actually cheaper than leather) and now is priced as a luxury product which is not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)
I like the feel and the look. I love alcantara steering wheels and headliners. Whether or not I would like it as a seating surface depends on if I have a lot of people in and out my vehicle or not (...which I typically don't).
Exactly, for track car I take alcantara.

For DD I wouldn't buy CS

This cars are build for one focus only!
      08-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #972
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Cooler, doesn't get indigo transfer as easily, heated and cooled seats work faster, and some of us just prefer the look. It's like wood on the dash, some people like it, some don't. Good cloth is more appealing to me than most leathers, outside of a truly semi-aniline or full aniline option.
I have never had any alcantara (that I can remember anyway) but have always loved the look. Then I test drove a 2019 TT-RS that had it on the steering wheel...this was a "used" car with ~800 miles on the clock. And I really didn't like it - it felt like a smashed bath towel or something.

The steering wheel itself was awesome (love the flat bottom) but the alcantara covered essentially the left and right sides of the wheel. The top and bottom were perforated leather, which was really nice.

I really thought I would like it, but I didn't.
It's all personal preference

I rather stick into seat when I take it into corner then sliding off.

CS is manly build for people to take it to a track and I don't care how it looks but the way it feels, and the level of grip it gives you when needed.
      08-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #973
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Dmboone: Just curious, what is your opinion on the TTRS?
I really wanted to like the car....but I didn’t.

The interior is really, really nice - the digital cockpit was really impressive and the fit/finish was top notch. The car is also lightening fast and has quick steering - I’m sure it’s much faster than my lady’s OG M2 and I think it’s faster than the F80 at lower speeds. It also sounds great - the 5 cylinder sound was really good in person.

Now, the negatives...the engine didn’t seem to like the higher revs, almost like it ran out of breath if that makes sense. The steering was also a little light for my tastes. I had the car for about an hour, and couldn’t find the right mode to make the car feel and sound like I wanted. Maybe that wasn’t possible...and while the exhaust sound is awesome, it’s also too muted for my tastes. Louder than the OG M2 perhaps, but not nearly as voluminous as the M3. I also wasn’t sold on the looks - just like the RS3, there’s just not a lot of drama or emotion from a looks perspective alone. Looks good from certain angles for sure, but pretty tame overall. There’s also still that sense that it’s a Audi branded beetle.

Lastly, and insanely annoying...the stupid shift paddles. I use the paddles 100% of the time in our M2 or M3, and the paddles are excellent in comparison. They feel solid and perhaps expensive? The Audi’s felt like the cheapest plastic they could find in the bin, and that they were sort of added as an afterthought. It’s a bigger part of the experience than I would have thought....and the DSG didn’t feel nearly as snappy as the DCT in either of our cars.

Really highlighted for me how important a test drive can be - I have no interest in the TT-RS or RS3 as a result. I think it would be a great experience for someone who likes to go fast in a straight line, for short periods of time, and who isn’t a very spirited driver. But I would have had immediate buyer’s remorse....it just wasn’t fun, or playful, or anything that you associate with an M car.

Last edited by dmboone25; 08-02-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 5
///M TOWN16184.50
clee1982797.50
ra2289305.50
CSBM52721.00
      08-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #974
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Cooler, doesn't get indigo transfer as easily, heated and cooled seats work faster, and some of us just prefer the look. It's like wood on the dash, some people like it, some don't. Good cloth is more appealing to me than most leathers, outside of a truly semi-aniline or full aniline option.
I have never had any alcantara (that I can remember anyway) but have always loved the look. Then I test drove a 2019 TT-RS that had it on the steering wheel...this was a "used" car with ~800 miles on the clock. And I really didn't like it - it felt like a smashed bath towel or something.

The steering wheel itself was awesome (love the flat bottom) but the alcantara covered essentially the left and right sides of the wheel. The top and bottom were perforated leather, which was really nice.

I really thought I would like it, but I didn't.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I like the feel and the look. I love alcantara steering wheels and headliners. Whether or not I would like it as a seating surface depends on if I have a lot of people in and out my vehicle or not (...which I typically don't).
Quote:
Quote:

Now this is what I am talking about having in the car to take it on track.

Those are McLaren seats for over 8K

Will post mine G80 after modes and track videos.

Grip is what counts!!!

For DD I get something else with leather and massaged seats.
Attached Images

M 4EVER191.00
      08-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #975
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #976
RPM33
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
In that video "more to come" fades into OC.

So October?
I interpret the fade to mean, more to come. Not necessarily October. Hoping this car is revealed soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #977
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
What button changes to sport plus, throttle response?
They all do. On M2 Competition, M3, M4 and now M2 CS each of those three buttons can separately be switched between three levels and then you can save two sets of settings to the M1 and M2 buttons on steering wheel. Separate control of these things without having to do everything in Comfort or everything in Sport is awesome in my opinion.

Engine response button cycles through Efficient, Sport, and Sport+
Suspension and steering buttons go through Comfort, Sport, Sport+

In my M3 I set my M1 button to go to Sport engine, Comfort steering, Comfort suspension and MDM stability control for daily driving. M2 is the same but with Sport+ suspension.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16184.50
      08-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #978
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Well put and so true!

Every car comes with its own comprises and advantages, skewed one way or the other; so pick your poison
Agreed.

However, it would be nice to have the option to actually pick your poison by offering different configs. Porsche does that. You can make it more track focused by selecting bucket seats, opting out of infotainment, and many other things.
That's why my next car more than likely will be a Porsche.
Couldn't agree more, this is all so disappointing.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16184.50
      08-02-2019, 12:35 AM   #979
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

No, CS is never meant to be a track car, even a GTS/CSL hardly qualifies. The CS by M's newest definition is designed to be a every day commuter with maximized track performance.

Like any car at 80K asking price, the CS should carry a certain level of luxury. Dakota leather does not belong here. Not having fancy technology is acceptable with a hardcore (comparatively speaking) M car, but not having material quality is not.

Also worth mentioning is the fact it's going to be a new model for MY2020 and under F platform that is being phased out pretty soon.

By the time G82 Competition is out (probably in a few months following CS' release) at sub 80k fully loaded, technologically superior at every measureable department...we're going to rethink about the value of this 80+k little very last F series car.
JTO245274.50
ra2289305.50
dmboone254972.00
clee1982797.50
      08-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #980
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
I think the CS is going to be a gem.
Totally agree and so pleased with my decision to to jump on the M2C band wagon.

Just saying
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 03:30 AM   #981
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

*Sidebar*

Anyone here successfully retrofitted Comfort Access? It looks pretty intricate..

If so, please share your feedback.

Just incase Mercury goes into retrograde and I'm able to get me a CS

Thanks in advance..

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #982
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
No, CS is never meant to be a track car, even a GTS/CSL hardly qualifies. The CS by M's newest definition is designed to be a every day commuter with maximized track performance.

Like any car at 80K asking price, the CS should carry a certain level of luxury. Dakota leather does not belong here. Not having fancy technology is acceptable with a hardcore (comparatively speaking) M car, but not having material quality is not.

Also worth mentioning is the fact it's going to be a new model for MY2020 and under F platform that is being phased out pretty soon.

By the time G82 Competition is out (probably in a few months following CS' release) at sub 80k fully loaded, technologically superior at every measureable department...we're going to rethink about the value of this 80+k little very last F series car.
This is why chasing the "latest" is one of the worst philosophies around. Just buy what you love and appreciate it. Who cares if the newest thing has better tech or whatever; the driving experience is what should matter.
///M TOWN16184.50
ChiTownM1050.00
dmboone254972.00
Tornado1M1211.00
Davil6523.00
      08-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #983
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
I am sorry but when I take the car like CS to a track I don't want leather!!!

I want something where I won't slide off the seat taking a hard turn and end up in passenger seat.

Leather is for luxury product that doesn't belong to this car but higher Bmw class

Exactly, for track car I take alcantara.

For DD I wouldn't buy CS

This cars are build for one focus only!
Actually for serious track driving you want a deeper seat and harnesses. Alcantara vs leather is moot - I’ve had both and it made no difference on track.

Where Alcantara wins it for me as a seating surface is how much more comfortable it is in hot or cold weather.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 09:19 AM   #984
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Interesting to see a rumor at 420hp. Noticed a 1540kg figure mentioned.

https://www.msn.com/en-za/cars/news/hardcore-new-bmw-m2-cs-readies-for-2020-debut/ar-AAFe5nH?li=BBqfRGf
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #985
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post

What I meant is, this is the more hardcore model that is very capable ripping the track.

What I mean take it to track is heavily modified NOT stock where you can take it for grocery shopping.

Which means bucket seats, harness, cage, slicks tires, etc..

I should've explained better.
Attached Images

M 4EVER191.00
clee1982797.50
      08-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #986
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
More food for thought ?

This is not road legal is it?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #987
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Quote:
.....This cars are build for one focus only!
Nope. That's the old GTS moniker or CSL as it intends to be form now on.

CS is more focused track use but still suitable for the road.
Where is the CSL? We all are wishing for one.

For now this is the best we got for track.

And I don't mean keeping it stock dough.

For track I mean modified.

This is what I am gone be doing soon and will post pictures and videos
Attached Images

M 4EVER191.00
Dackelone10531.50
RyanBMW463.00
      08-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #988
RPM33
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Where is the CSL? We all are wishing for one.

For now this is the best we got for track.

And I don't mean keeping it stock dough.

For track I mean modified.

This is what I am gone be doing soon and will post pictures and videos
This is my question as well. Articles last summer mentioned a CS and CSL. I hope when this is finally revealed if the CSL rumor is put to rest until next generation. I prefer a CSL as this will be a weekend car for me.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #989
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:

Those seats are the speed cloth, right?

I would LOVE to have those in my M2 - CS, OG, or Comp. That material is awesome....
      08-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #990
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Those seats are the speed cloth, right?

I would LOVE to have those in my M2 - CS, OG, or Comp. That material is awesome....
Those are Carbon structure Anthracite cloth.

Love then on mine F80