Private
Argentina
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmat View Post
Due I'm about to order mine, I wanted to ask.
By the poor sound system you mean the Karman hardon one, right?

I heard it is not optional there, but it is in Europe and was planning to get it.

Do you or anyone know how better is it compared to the "standard"? Would you get it or leave it pass and get some other system out there?

Note: my current OEM sound system is Meridian and its pretty much enough for my taste.
Never heard the base system, Harmon Kardon is standard in the US. The Harmon Kardon system is terrible to my ears, particularly coming from EPS in my e9x M3. The speakers themselves are harsh, the midrange is basically non-existent, and the centre channel isn't a proper a centre channel. The centre speaker is a mashup of the left and right channels and makes music sound very odd. I plan to unplug the centre speakers and upgrade speakers to Bavsound to get a chance. Make sure you disable ASD (fake engine noise) as it makes the speakers basically unlistenable. Although I did that with Bimmercode and get hissing because of the stupid amp setup. The whole sound design of the M2C is the most disappointing aspect of it IMO, my brothers MK7 Golf GTI sounds way better and it was half the price.
Thanks for the reply.

It seems that I'll have to check that in person before the order
Appreciate 0