BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Alpha N/Edison composites gts hood disaster

06-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 bmw M2C

i was going to just lay this entire nightmare/ordeal to rest on the m2 page on facebook but after the admins reached out to me last night with screen shots of the owner of Alpha threatening legal action against them if they didn't delete my post i just cant see myself doing that now.. so here it goes.. ordered hood back in November, was promised hood Jan, then Feb, then march, then April, then may, (have all screen shots to prove this) then it finally showed up in the may 31... the excitement of receiving the hood quickly went away once i opened the box a saw the quality/ condition of it..the hood had 100's of pencil sized pin holes, weave was mended directly down the center of the hood, center hump was all warped, underside was even worse, black mr gasket silicone going across the entire edge of the hood, inside carbon quality was just horrible, reached out to them and they claimed it was perfectly acceptable quality.. i then proceeded sanding it and giving it a good coat of primer.. that did nothing, so sanded that, did body work to the get the hump even then spray polyed the entire hood, by now the hood in a acceptable form and ready to paint but alpha is not willing to work with me on anything and only option they are willing to give is to ship the hood back.. ive said this now a few time, lot of respect for IND for how they handled this entire shit show, IND refunded me the full amount plus the time i spent prepping it, and the boxing materials to ship it back.. and to make this situation even worse the owner of alpha took to facebook yesterday trying to defend his crappy product and say im a liar and that i didnt know what i was doing and also threatened legal action on me... i must have not read were you spend $4200 and then have to spend another 12-15h in body, prep and paint work SMH
Appreciate 2
akkando5860.00
      06-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1268...4166942264279/
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1268...10405825640391
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
amw896
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
Dark-Yoda
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BSM M2C

Garage List
now that's disappointing to hear, i really like the rs-style fenders they have. but.
at least they refunded you for the parts AND your time, though it sounds like it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.
what exactly did you order? did you order the raw carbon piece or was it supposed to be painted/prepped? for the price, you would think the quality would match.
stories like this are what keep me from buying super expensive carbon fiber parts, and when you can get some with "character" that at least has an honest price, why spend triple the money when the extra quality is all in the marketing.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 10:49 AM   #6
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Yoda View Post
now that's disappointing to hear, i really like the rs-style fenders they have. but.
at least they refunded you for the parts AND your time, though it sounds like it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.
what exactly did you order? did you order the raw carbon piece or was it supposed to be painted/prepped? for the price, you would think the quality would match.
stories like this are what keep me from buying super expensive carbon fiber parts, and when you can get some with "character" that at least has an honest price, why spend triple the money when the extra quality is all in the marketing.
Alpha rebuilt the F87 M2 hood tooling and all fitment/finish issues have been addressed. They also had us refund AMS for the hood, paint work and custom box needed to return the part. They took care of all cost involved.

For parts from Alpha there is next to zero money spent on marketing. The cost comes from German tooling, German labor and shipping. Shipping a few hoods and fender sets over FedEx air is around 3k Euro after customs.
      01-31-2020, 03:50 PM   #7
Dark-Yoda
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BSM M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Alpha rebuilt the F87 M2 hood tooling and all fitment/finish issues have been addressed. They also had us refund AMS for the hood, paint work and custom box needed to return the part. They took care of all cost involved.

For parts from Alpha there is next to zero money spent on marketing. The cost comes from German tooling, German labor and shipping. Shipping a few hoods and fender sets over FedEx air is around 3k Euro after customs.
well, as a customer, this is good news to hear! thank you for posting somewhat of an update. Otherwise, posts like this are the only point of reference that we really have unless we call direct.
And im aware that not everyone is guilty of marketing the crap out of actual crap, that was more a jab at all the overpriced spoilers i was running into looking for mine. Alpha's pricing actually seems pretty good, considering what you're getting.
Appreciate 0